• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, nuordr said:

Plain pants are the worst. These were the best VT uniforms ever in my opinion: 

december-04-2010-virginia-tech-hokies-qu

dyrell-roberts-11-split-end-of-the-virgi

Virginia+Tech+v+Duke+e7cctyPKhxdl.jpg

It is a shame they are going away from this. I love most of the different helmets they have when combined with this set (maroon, orange, white throwback, white, striped versions of the named ones)

Cal Bears | Miami Dolphins | Cleveland Cavaliers |
@dcjames5

11 hours ago, Brown1 said:

I’m pretty sure that’s done with isn’t it?

http://www.comm.gatech.edu/brand/visual/logo-usage#colors

Its the “Tech Gold” on that page. 

I'll believe it when I see it. I doubt they intended to use different shades of metallic gold over the past few years, but they did so.

oh ,my god ,i strong recommend you to have a visit on the website ,or if i'm the president ,i would have an barceque with the anthor of the articel .

5 minutes ago, whitedawg22 said:

I'll believe it when I see it. I doubt they intended to use different shades of metallic gold over the past few years, but they did so.

Well they said their goal as an athletic department and school is to do so. Adidas is there to help them do so and they released that “Tech Gold” a few days ago as the new standard gold. So you can see it if you click on the link. It’s that simple. I bet all the golds match in football this year. Obviously the helmet compared to the uniforms may be slightly different if they wear gold pants, but that happens to everyone.

East Carolina has announced a new "pattern" design from adidas. I like it, just curious as to how they'll use it.

Also, the video above showed a look at the jersey which will use the new template.

DboeGk7VMAAEanl.jpg

"I believe in Auburn and love it!"

ojNNazQ.jpg

The bones, the X, and the crossed swords are all essentially the same thing.

Looks like the brand pattern will be used on the pants (1:44),

edit (cleaned this up after watching actual reveal video below in nuordr's post).

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

1 hour ago, Clintau24 said:

Still photo of ECU. Massive pirate logo on the shoulders is a bit much. Pants "stripe" is actually interesting.

Screen Shot 2018-04-25 at 9.16.19 AM.png

maxresdefault.jpg

as long as it doesn't look shiny like Cal's version of this did previously, i actually like the look for them.

Their pants reminds me of UNLV and their Vegas theme

DJJYo2RVwAA_rL3.jpg

Cal Bears | Miami Dolphins | Cleveland Cavaliers |
@dcjames5

1 hour ago, Clintau24 said:

Still photo of ECU. Massive pirate logo on the shoulders is a bit much. Pants "stripe" is actually interesting.

Minnesota fans: PJ Fleck ruined our uniforms!

Adidas: "Hold my beer . . . "

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

On 4/16/2018 at 11:09 AM, Rixaroo said:

I live in OKC. Can't remember if I read it or heard it on the radio, but Lincoln Riley stated the woodgrain alts are history. New alts in the future. 

OU has had that same helmet logo for 50 (?) years or so. I assume they put the updated logo on the helmet for the Spring Game to see if the fans would accept it. I thought there would be an uproar, but it barely made the news. I noticed it immediately on TV, but those at the game couldn't tell the difference.

I'm not sure when the Jordan brand unis will be revealed, but I can tell you the fanbase would be set if the jerseys don't have "Sooners" across the chest. That's kind of an Oklahoma and Texas-area jersey tradition down here. Oklahoma, Oklahoma St (not anymore), Texas, Texas Tech, Arkansas (not anymore), SMU, etc all have or had large word marking above the numbers on the chest. 

I've heard the same here in OKC about the alts changing. I have one of my football players that signed to OU, so I'll hear about any new gear coming and hopefully it will be good news!

4 hours ago, Clintau24 said:

I don't mind the sleeves...but the brand pattern for the pants is pretty bad. The different sized marks just look gaudy. The brand pattern is perfect for hanger effect or collar trim...but not pants.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

I prefer the pants to the shoulder. I do wish the pant symbols were all the same size, though. Matching the size of the hour glass would probably look pretty good.

"I believe in Auburn and love it!"

ojNNazQ.jpg

Archived