College Football uniforms- 2018

FightingGoldenDevil

2 hours ago, AstroBull21 said:

Oh great, i just remembered I have to get used to this for USF.  

Can anyone vouch on the fit for Adidas fan apparel, do shirts and hats fit normal or are they like Nike schmediums.

T shirts and sweaters fit about the same as Nike. Compression wear would be a bit tighter and shorts are a lot shorter as well. I have a Columbus Crew championship shirt from 2008 and it's survived pretty well. I also have a lot of adidas Spurs shirts that fit a little tight across the chest and loose on the sleeves. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
58 minutes ago, Brown1 said:

Those pants are absolutely atrocious.

I'll take these pants over what Jacksonville just released. Plain pants is surpassing my hatred of the grey facemask without grey in the uniform look. 

spacer.png

8 hours ago, Clintau24 said:

Liberty is playing their first season in FBS this year. New logo, naturally.

41679514251_f2a81d42b2_z.jpg

Funny, I thought you had to be a real university to be in the FBS, not a bible college posing as a university. 

43 minutes ago, nuordr said:

I'll take these pants over what Jacksonville just released. Plain pants is surpassing my hatred of the grey facemask without grey in the uniform look. 

I’d rather have stripeless pants than a tacky Pop Warner looking set of pants.

9 minutes ago, Griffinmarlins said:

What does that make BYU then?

BYU has earned it and won a national championship shady AF championship but still won it by beating 6-5 Michigan. University of Phoenix may try and beat GCU to the punch to be the next WTF FBS team. 

14 minutes ago, Fresno St. Alum said:

BYU has earned it and won a national championship shady AF championship but still won it by beating 6-5 Michigan. University of Phoenix may try and beat GCU to the punch to be the next WTF FBS team. 

I dated a girl in Scottsdale who thought the University of Phoenix Stadium was the University of Phoenix’s football stadium. She’d lived there forever. That was a funny drive that day. Not for her.

Resident ECU expert here

8 hours ago, WSU151 said:

I don't mind the sleeves...but the brand pattern for the pants is pretty bad. The different sized marks just look gaudy. The brand pattern is perfect for hanger effect or collar trim...but not pants.

I agree with this statement 100%. However, considering the stroke width, I am not sure about the legibility of it in a TV environment. However, then it may look like a bunch of random stripes on the pants, which may be equally as bad. Also, please switch back to our old athletic gold, and not this borderline volt shade. I mean we only have to deal with it for 2 seasons as it said in the contract that’s how often we get a new set, but if we really are one of adidas‘ "prime schools“ then I can’t assure we‘ll go back. One thing they did do right is not extrapolate  the font size on the jerseys since this is the first season we‘re putting ECU on the front instead of East Carolina.

Oh well, it’s not like we‘ll be on TV for anyone to see them, except for the 18 fans who show up to our games.

If were looking purely at the new template from Adidas, massive upgrade in my eyes. Now, they'll still produce boring and garbage designs but at least the tire tread is gone.

a2BRS8U.png

On 4/25/2018 at 11:39 AM, nuordr said:

New ECU Pirates Football Uniforms from Adidas: 

I actually like these. 

They're not perfect but they're fairly tame. 

They're essentially  just sleeve caps and pant stripes, they just got creative with it. 

What i don't like, the chrome carbon fiber helmet, definitely doesn't make sense for a team called the Pirates, maybe a wood grain pattern would make more sense.

The inverted logo on the purple jersey is inexcusable. 

Edit: the logo technically isn't inverted, but the gray is so close to the purple that it looks really awkward. 

On 4/25/2018 at 10:40 PM, H11K said:

If were looking purely at the new template from Adidas, massive upgrade in my eyes. Now, they'll still produce boring and garbage designs but at least the tire tread is gone.

Absolutely this. Adidas used this template for the Army All American Game as well. https://www.highsnobiety.com/p/adidas-primeknit-a1-football-uniforms/#slide-2 

As a Nebraska fan, I can't wait to see it on the field. Hoping Frost gets rid of the pant stripes as well. 

UVA finally released their new set. These are very good, in my opinion. They strike the right balance of classic with the right touch of modern, kinda like the Vikings. I dig that they’ve gone back to the double stripe- that’s definitely a unique look, part of their history, and something they can own. I could see them wearing these for the next 20 years. Only critique is the logo on one side of the helmet and the number on the other. Curious to see better pictures.

6 hours ago, ramsker said:

Absolutely this. Adidas used this template for the Army All American Game as well. https://www.highsnobiety.com/p/adidas-primeknit-a1-football-uniforms/#slide-2 

As a Nebraska fan, I can't wait to see it on the field. Hoping Frost gets rid of the pant stripes as well. 

As another Nebraska fan, I prefer the striped pants. I get that the Frost wore plain pants as a player and I wouldn't hate if they went back to the stripeless pants, but they seem too plain to me. I've grown up with the 2 stripe pants though, so I guess it's just what I'm used to

On 4/25/2018 at 2:09 PM, WideRight said:

Funny, I thought you had to be a real university to be in the FBS, not a bible college posing as a university. 

Define "real" university. 

If Liberty meets NCAA D-I/FBS criteria, then let 'em play. 

Up until recently Boise State was not much more than a regional trade school and they seem to have had some luck on the football field. 

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

Archived