College Football uniforms- 2018

FightingGoldenDevil

12 minutes ago, razorback447 said:

So Adidas is still putting the three stripes on the shoulders of their practice jerseys. 

And sleeves. Sadly those templates usually look better than the old PrimeKnits did. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, razorback447 said:

So Adidas is still putting the three stripes on the shoulders of their practice jerseys. 

Yes, at least for some schools.  Nebraska's practice jerseys have three shoulder stripes instead of the two sideways stripes that the game jerseys have.

5adb90789b53d.image.jpg?resize=1200,830

And the practice jersey stripes fade from white to black in the back.  You can see it on #13 down at the bottom.  I would hate these for game jerseys, but for practice sets they don't look half bad. 

5adb912195e61.image.jpg?resize=1200,1255

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

I actually like NC State. I like that they are owning the shoulder stripe design after wearing it a few times as alternates. I think it looks pretty good. I always did like those SMU uniforms as posted above.

The biggest surprise to me is how the new template looks. It doesn't look flimsy and stretching oddly like the old templates (granted we've only seen a few images and such, but still). It looks sturdy. If it holds up well throughout a game and the other reveals, I think this template could be a big win for adidas.

"I believe in Auburn and love it!"

ojNNazQ.jpg

On 6/8/2018 at 5:40 PM, Clintau24 said:

I actually like NC State. I like that they are owning the shoulder stripe design after wearing it a few times as alternates. I think it looks pretty good. I always did like those SMU uniforms as posted above.

The biggest surprise to me is how the new template looks. It doesn't look flimsy and stretching oddly like the old templates (granted we've only seen a few images and such, but still). It looks sturdy. If it holds up well throughout a game and the other reveals, I think this template could be a big win for adidas.

I agree but worry they'll still find a way to put duct tape tire treads on everything. 

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

9 hours ago, WavePunter said:

There are no tire treads with this template.. 

He's talking about the old black alt that had silver/red stripes that looked like tire tread, not the pattern on the template. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

1 hour ago, MJWalker45 said:

He's talking about the old black alt that had silver/red stripes that looked like tire tread, not the pattern on the template. 

Yup. Lots of Adidas alts had BOTH the tire tread pattern in the stitching AND the shiny duct tape numbers or stripes with a tread pattern. 

I'm worried they'll still use the duct tape. 

rosen-leads-ucla-past-no-20-california-4

UyDgMWP.jpg

3 hours ago, MJWalker45 said:

Which ones? Every black alt they've had recently has had pretty straight stripes, if any.. Nothing that resembled tire tread 

15 minutes ago, WavePunter said:

Which ones? Every black alt they've had recently has had pretty straight stripes, if any.. Nothing that resembled tire tread 

2015 alt looked similar to the UCLA jersey Pianoman posted.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

20 hours ago, Gupti said:

Dang, I thought Adidas shelved those hideous stripe cuts/slashes/whatever you make of ‘em a few years ago when Miami and UCLA ditched them, but now NC State has brought them back from the dead? Typical Adidas trash.

I bet USF gets something wacky from Adidas too once July 1st passes by.

Wonder if the "slashes" in the duct tape graphics are a requirement? Maybe because the Tech-Fit stretches so much the graphics would rip or warp in weird ways?

Not trying to justify it. Just trying to think of a reason why Adidas has been using it on so many uniforms.

56 minutes ago, VDizzle12 said:

Wonder if the "slashes" in the duct tape graphics are a requirement? Maybe because the Tech-Fit stretches so much the graphics would rip or warp in weird ways?

Not trying to justify it. Just trying to think of a reason why Adidas has been using it on so many uniforms.

I believe they've actually said exactly that.  Don't recall where, but I remember reading an article a few years ago talking about how the TechFits stretch and move like a sock and they have to use certain design elements so the stitched/stuck-on items don't rip as the jersey changes shape.

Basically, they're the uniform version of concrete expansion grooves. 

UyDgMWP.jpg

Archived