College Football uniforms- 2018

FightingGoldenDevil

1 hour ago, pianoknight said:

I believe they've actually said exactly that.  Don't recall where, but I remember reading an article a few years ago talking about how the TechFits stretch and move like a sock and they have to use certain design elements so the stitched/stuck-on items don't rip as the jersey changes shape.

Basically, they're the uniform version of concrete expansion grooves. 

I know for the regular front/back numbers, they pre-stretch the jerseys a bit before applying them, because they are slightly bunched up when the jersey is just hanging or laying and  not being worn.. I don't feel like those slashes are necessary at this point, especially if they would pre-stretch for them as well..

I also think they should use inserts of the PrimeKnit fabric for those details as well (unless they're going for the more metallic/chrome look that the Framis heat transfers can offer..

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

First look at Florida in Jordan brand.  Doesn't look like they've made any changes except I think the Gators logo was embroidered last year but I could be wrong.  I was really hoping they would at least drop those numbers.

Screen-Shot-2018-06-11-at-1.14.51-PM.png

Dfbc2-FWkAIOG0N.jpg

IUe6Hvh.png

1 hour ago, See Red said:

First look at Florida in Jordan brand.  Doesn't look like they've made any changes except I think the Gators logo was embroidered last year but I could be wrong.  I was really hoping they would at least drop those numbers.

Screen-Shot-2018-06-11-at-1.14.51-PM.png

Dfbc2-FWkAIOG0N.jpg

They should have fixed the front bumper on the 2nd picture. That looks awfully tacky.

1 hour ago, jakgol said:

They should have fixed the front bumper on the 2nd picture. That looks awfully tacky.

The whole thing is a mess, really.  I only posted the two (for a look at the orange and blue uniforms) but there's one for all or most of their home games.  One of them has a different logo on the front bumper and no jumpman logo.

Screen-Shot-2018-06-11-at-1.15.11-PM.png

IUe6Hvh.png

9 hours ago, jakgol said:

They also should have fixed the striping on the orange jersey/pants. It drives me nuts that orange jerseys, and, as of last season I think, the orange pants don't follow the helmet's orange-blue-white-blue-orange striping but instead adopt the incongruous blue-orange-white-orange-blue striping/number outlines. Such a small fix that would look SO much better. 

8 hours ago, See Red said:

The whole thing is a mess, really.  I only posted the two (for a look at the orange and blue uniforms) but there's one for all or most of their home games.  One of them has a different logo on the front bumper and no jumpman logo.

Screen-Shot-2018-06-11-at-1.15.11-PM.png

The Jordan logos are Photoshopped on and I think they're smaller than what they'll eventually be on the jerseys too. You can even see on this one that they cut the seam and didn't bother to put it back. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

14 minutes ago, tron1013 said:

They also should have fixed the striping on the orange jersey/pants. It drives me nuts that orange jerseys, and, as of last season I think, the orange pants don't follow the helmet's orange-blue-white-blue-orange striping but instead adopt the incongruous blue-orange-white-orange-blue striping/number outlines. Such a small fix that would look SO much better. 

Wouldn't that just mean that they don't have orange stripes on the orange jersey? I feel like that's less consistent than just switch orange and blue on a jersey that is orange instead of blue.

3 minutes ago, -Akronite- said:

Wouldn't that just mean that they don't have orange stripes on the orange jersey? I feel like that's less consistent than just switch orange and blue on a jersey that is orange instead of blue.

19 minutes ago, tron1013 said:

I think the intent is to have the jersey striping match the blue and white jerseys rather than match it to the helmets. If they matched the orange jersey to the helmets I don't think they'd look as good as they do with the current pattern.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

1 hour ago, MJWalker45 said:

I think the intent is to have the jersey striping match the blue and white jerseys rather than match it to the helmets. If they matched the orange jersey to the helmets I don't think they'd look as good as they do with the current pattern.

Agree to disagree. I would flip the number colors on this (not my work) but it would maintain the consistency with the striping used on the blue and white jerseys and pants and the helmet. 

UF_Orange.jpg

12 minutes ago, tron1013 said:

Agree to disagree. I would flip the number colors on this (not my work) but it would maintain the consistency with the striping used on the blue and white jerseys and pants and the helmet. 

UF_Orange.jpg

Ok, so that confirms what I thought.

I see your point and I think this look is fine, but since this puts orange stripes against the orange jersey, it feels like a clash, pattern-wise, with the other jerseys. 

My fix would be just not wearing the orange jersey anymore.  Who knows?  Considering Mullen wants to do a blackout at some point (ugh) and with how popular the ugly alligator green jerseys they wore last year were with the players and recruits, there may not be room in the rotation for orange after a while.

IUe6Hvh.png

On 6/12/2018 at 12:08 PM, tron1013 said:

UF_Orange.jpg

Switching the numbers would be a huge mistake.. They need to be white..

The issue with the orange jersey stripes is that they (previously) wore an orange helmet and orange pants quite frequently.. Both of these elements featured a Blue/White/Blue striping pattern.. And it was almost a guarantee that the orange jersey would be worn with at least one of those orange elements, and therefore should match.. 

I've never quite understood why separate jerseys must match so perfectly, when they'll NEVER EVER be worn together.. It makes infinitely more sense to ensure the entire uniform set is cohesive.. And while I am a huge fan of consistency, it's more logical to have consistent striping on all orange elements, than trying to force consistency on separate jerseys that destroys the consistency between helmet and jersey that will actually be worn together..

34 minutes ago, Cardsblues02 said:

Can anyone confirm if Florida has significantly brightened up their orange since the Tebow era? I look at both and it seems the new uniforms are very bright. Is that lighting or just me? 

Same shade.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

44 minutes ago, Cardsblues02 said:

Can anyone confirm if Florida has significantly brightened up their orange since the Tebow era? I look at both and it seems the new uniforms are very bright. Is that lighting or just me? 

Same shade, higher definition TV’s will make bold colors look brighter.

2 hours ago, orangefaniniowa said:

According to their website, I assume the Missouri game Florida will be wearing the all black outfit since they did not post it yet. ?

Does no one ever take in to consideration what the other team will be wearing when they schedule these games. 

Archived