College Football uniforms- 2018

FightingGoldenDevil

7 hours ago, CaliforniaGlowin said:

Yea I wish boise state did that

Yeah, I asked my boss if we could get them at Boise. I was told no since I don't have $4 million. If anyone wants to go halvesies, let me know....

spacer.png

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
57 minutes ago, dsaline97 said:

Yeah, I asked my boss if we could get them at Boise. I was told no since I don't have $4 million. If anyone wants to go halvesies, let me know....

$4 mil for numbers? Your boss likely has no idea what that would actually cost.. Unless they're absolutely adamant that new turf be installed if any changes are made, which is completely unnecessary, considering the way certain types of elements are inlaid into the turf anyway..

1 minute ago, WavePunter said:

$4 mil for numbers? Your boss likely has no idea what that would actually cost.. Unless they're absolutely adamant that new turf be installed if any changes are made, which is completely unnecessary, considering the way certain types of elements are inlaid into the turf anyway..

Man, I thought we were talking about the stadium lights.... Serves me right.

spacer.png

2 hours ago, pm400 said:

DgjhCtZUcAAXQaY.jpg:large

UF appears to be going Gators script on both sides of the white helmet

That looks much better than having the numbers on one side. It was especially jarring in Florida's case to have block numbers on one side and script on the other, plus, the script is far more iconic.

oh ,my god ,i strong recommend you to have a visit on the website ,or if i'm the president ,i would have an barceque with the anthor of the articel .

2 hours ago, pm400 said:

Finally. Now they just need to make the helmet stripe match the jersey and pants, and they’re set. But this still is a huge improvement.

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

1 hour ago, whitedawg22 said:

That looks much better than having the numbers on one side. It was especially jarring in Florida's case to have block numbers on one side and script on the other, plus, the script is far more iconic.

For the white helmet, they had the F on one side, Gators on the other. The swamp green logos had the gator on one side and numbers on the other. Florida's never worn a helmet with the script and numbers.

usa_today_10436488.0.jpg

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

3 hours ago, pm400 said:

Damn, I’ve always been a huge fan of the classic blue F on white helmet, so i was really hoping they’d eventually put the F on both sides as a semi-throwback if it came to this.

8 hours ago, Gupti said:

Damn, I’ve always been a huge fan of the classic blue F on white helmet, so i was really hoping they’d eventually put the F on both sides as a semi-throwback if it came to this.

Looks like they’re wearing older version Nike brand uniforms not the Jordan Brand Vapor Untouchable type? 

GT football jersey news from the AJC:

“We’ll have unveils in the near future, so I don’t want to steal any thunder from those,” he said in the e-mail. “However, I will say that Adidas been working very closely with Georgia Tech to make sure that, from an aesthetic standpoint, we’re honoring tradition, history and what makes Georgia Tech so special, but also pushing that DNA and look and feel into the future by making the uniforms more innovative, cutting-edge and ‘cool’ for the athletes that will be wearing them on the field of play.”

Article on Georgia Tech Switch To Adidas

13 minutes ago, JPDesign said:

Has anyone come across high quality pics of the new Adidas Primeknit A1 pants yet? Like the jerseys, there's definitely some texture/ventilation going on, but I haven't been able to figure out where it is and isn't.

Related image

Screen Shot 2018-04-25 at 9.16.19 AM.png

This is probably the best that's out there right now. Once we get to July 1st teams will start rolling out the uniforms so we'll get  a better look.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

On 6/26/2018 at 9:46 AM, WSU151 said:

For the white helmet, they had the F on one side, Gators on the other. The swamp green logos had the gator on one side and numbers on the other. Florida's never worn a helmet with the script and numbers.

usa_today_10436488.0.jpg

Those inconsistent stripes are horrible. It's almost as if they are trying to purposely mismatch. 

42 minutes ago, hawk36 said:

Those inconsistent stripes are horrible. It's almost as if they are trying to purposely mismatch. 

It’s a damn shame: I absolutely LOVE the floating stripe concept for Florida because orange and blue can look very harsh against one another, like how a single blue stripe unbroken against an orange field creates this purpley visual haze that sucks (Re: the orange jersey). The floating stripe is perfect for Florida because it ensures that the colors look their best on every piece of the uniform since they only need one well-designed stripe. Argh, if only they’d fall in love with their own idea as much as I have.

That Louisiana warning sticker is a hoot.

I mean, I get the seriousness of concussions and brain trauma.  But the fact that it has to spell out that you're not supposed to "butt, ram or spear" an opposing player is kinda funny.  And the fact that this violates the "rules of football," opposed to the NCAA, conference, etc.  It's just a generic "football" like when people order just a "beer" in TV and movies.

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

Archived