College Football uniforms- 2018

FightingGoldenDevil

4 hours ago, Sedpredictsports said:

The grey and cherry uniform combination is an excellent look. I’m glad temple didn’t try to go mono grey with that look. They should just make that grey and cherry there normal alternate uniform. The set as a whole is awesome to me. It’s up there with Virginia for the best new uniform set. It’s unique, modern, and clean plus the alternate is not just a cookie cutter “blackout” one. 

I guess each week they can decide, "do we want to copy stanford or wazzu???" Tough choices...

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

One nitpick I have about the new Temple jerseys is that the black jersey is the only one of the four to have a number outline. It feels like the cherry numbers didn’t show up well on a black jersey so they just slapped a white outline on them to make it work but it kinda messes with the cohesion with the other three jerseys. 

51 minutes ago, Jetlodge said:

One nitpick I have about the new Temple jerseys is that the black jersey is the only one of the four to have a number outline. It feels like the cherry numbers didn’t show up well on a black jersey so they just slapped a white outline on them to make it work but it kinda messes with the cohesion with the other three jerseys. 

My nitpick is that it has cherry numbers at all.. Same with the grey jerseys.. Both should have white numbers

http://amp.sunherald.com/sports/college/conference-usa/university-of-southern-mississippi/article214814690.html?__twitter_impression=true

Article on the the USM uniform unveiling, confirms that:

- The black and white jerseys shown were in fact practice jerseys. The actual ones haven’t been shipped in yet (Why not delay the unveiling until they have been??)

-All of the pants will have a single stripe: gold stripe on the black pants, black stripe on the white and gold pants.

-They’ll continue to wear multiple helmet designs, all featuring either the “Southern Miss” wordmark or Eagle logo.

7 hours ago, Jetlodge said:

This is one of the main issues I have with random black uniforms (other than the randomness that spits in the face of tradition, causing anarchy throughout the nation). In an attempt to preserve some team colors, we get these schools making the numbers a team color. This goes against my general theory of football uniform design, where numbers on color jerseys must be either white, silver, or gold (with some exceptions). The dark colors are generally harder to read and require an outline that helps a bit, but can still lead to really muddy looking designs. We'll see teams with purple numbers on black (Washington), maroon on black (Mississippi State), and so on. 

Maybe I've just been watching college football and following its uniform designs for too long, but black is just plain boring at this point. I say this as somebody who is a fan of a school who has had black as an official color for over 100 years. I've seen a lot of all-black vs. all-white matchups. and it's just visually uninteresting. 

52 minutes ago, pscf3 said:

http://amp.sunherald.com/sports/college/conference-usa/university-of-southern-mississippi/article214814690.html?__twitter_impression=true

Article on the the USM uniform unveiling, confirms that:

- The black and white jerseys shown were in fact practice jerseys. The actual ones haven’t been shipped in yet (Why not delay the unveiling until they have been??)

Or just show the gold jerseys and keep the others for later? Colleges are constantly having events, surely they could have held the others back or something. So strange. 

10 hours ago, Cardsblues02 said:

Sorry in advance, but Iowa St went from first to (second) worst uniform wise in the Big12. Luckily for them KU exists.

Trajan Man! 

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

On 7/12/2018 at 4:35 PM, Germanshepherd said:

In one of the more baffling downgrade for downgrades sakes, Tennessee has decided to drop the checkerboard stripe from the helmet and pants

https://mobile.twitter.com/CfieldsVFL/status/1017488274254913536

I think Pruitt is going "Alabama" with Tennessee's uniforms. No alternate, all business. I wouldn't be surprised if he pushed for taking the T off the helmet. ?

12 hours ago, Broken Record said:

I think Pruitt is going "Alabama" with Tennessee's uniforms. No alternate, all business. I wouldn't be surprised if he pushed for taking the T off the helmet. ?

Can't go wrong with classic, simple design. 

Case in point, the top ten all-time wins leaders are all traditional looking teams (Bama, Tenn, OU, Tex, Neb, OSU, Mich, PSU, USC and ND). The Buckeyes and Wolverines are about as "modern" as it gets. 

With a school like Tennessee, less is more. The legacy should speak louder than the pants. 

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

11 minutes ago, oldschoolvikings said:

Words to live by.

Golfer John Daly has clearly not heard this message. 

UyDgMWP.jpg

38 minutes ago, pianoknight said:

Can't go wrong with classic, simple design. 

Case in point, the top ten all-time wins leaders are all traditional looking teams (Bama, Tenn, OU, Tex, Neb, OSU, Mich, PSU, USC and ND). The Buckeyes and Wolverines are about as "modern" as it gets. 

With a school like Tennessee, less is more. The legacy should speak louder than the pants. 

Those schools aren't successful because they have traditional uniforms. They have traditional uniforms because they are successful. The checkerboard pattern was neat because it wasn't too gaudy and it was relevant to the school. Tennessee's new uniforms are plain and boring.

20 minutes ago, bri1275 said:

Speaking of which, looks like they have the new adidas template. Flipped the Jayhawk and adidas logo placement which was badly needed. 

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DiPEyNZUcAII_ue?format=jpg&name=large

Not a fan of the collar design on the new template. Reminds me of Nike's collars on their world cup kits this year. 

AmPJ0Ty.png 

Archived