College Football uniforms- 2018

FightingGoldenDevil

41 minutes ago, See Red said:

Saaaame.

No white helmet might be noteworthy.  I had been hearing they were still going to have a white helmet but it would have the same logo on both sides.  Guess they're scrapping it all together.  I was just hoping they would go back to a standard block font at the very least.  What a let down.

Wasn't that white helmet confirmed? Mullen likes alternate looks, so I bet we see it.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
26 minutes ago, WSU151 said:

Wasn't that white helmet confirmed? Mullen likes alternate looks, so I bet we see it.

I thought so.  We also know the Gators will wear black under Mullen at some point too, so I don't know.

Mullen's also talked about how much recruits loved the green uniforms, so I doubt those are going anywhere.  Oh, and I think when they have recruits on campus, they tell them if they want to wear the white helmet in pictures it means they have to commit*, or something like that, so I would be surprised if they stopped wearing white helmets.

*I can't find confirmation of this but I'm pretty sure I didn't just make it up.  I suspect I heard it from one of the guys who cover recruiting and has a radio show locally.

IUe6Hvh.png

23 hours ago, chrome14 said:

True. I was watching the 1991 Sugar Bowl (Tennessee vs Virginia) on ESPN Classic a few days ago and that old simple Tennessee uni was pretty darn good to look at. I have no idea who made those because there was no manufacturer's mark anywhere on the jerseys. It was before Sports Belle and Adidas. But they looked really good.

5nngx3.jpg

Florida with the white helmet was shown earlier this season. I wouldn't say "confirmed" cause it can always change at this point. The notable part is the script on both sides of the helmet

JlXF776.png

"I believe in Auburn and love it!"

ojNNazQ.jpg

So Florida will have Blue, Orange, Green, White and Black uniforms? Ugh, they're one Pink set away from being Oregon. 

Can Adidas PLEASE fix that number font? The 8s are beyond fugly.

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

Looks like Indiana will be owning the candy stripes. They're just tone-on-tone with the new jerseys.

Also, I just noticed the ribbing effect on the template runs through the numbers.They aren't making an appearance from beneath the numbers, are they?

DiU7eQeWAAAVxaA.jpg

"I believe in Auburn and love it!"

ojNNazQ.jpg

There are two picture on this uniswag post; Adidas's numbers on Georgia Tech's unis are still atrocious. Look how bad they are compared to everyone else, including Miami.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Just now, walkerws said:

All the adidas schools need work.  Wasn't NC State supposed to go to the new school font?

The number font is different here, no?  

Anywho, anyone know when the new Adidas schools could release new unis?  Waiting on USF here...

14 minutes ago, WSU151 said:

There are two picture on this uniswag post; Adidas's numbers on Georgia Tech's unis are still atrocious. Look how bad they are to everyone else, including Miami.

I'm guessing that GT uniform is still just a generic placeholder. It just seems way too plain. Not saying Georgia Tech cant stick to simple, but considering Adidas helped revamp all of Georgia Tech's identity it would be weird for the football uniform to have almost zero custom elements to it.

7 minutes ago, walkerws said:

All the adidas schools need work.  Wasn't NC State supposed to go to the new school font?

Believe it or not, after the release of the new font, one of the ADs for State mentioned on Twitter that the new font wouldn't be on this season's football uniforms...but would be on the basketball uniforms. Full implementation by Fall of 2019 supposedly.

I know, long rollout for this.

screenshot-2017-09-15-18-37-19.png

47 minutes ago, cajunaggie08 said:

I'm guessing that GT uniform is still just a generic placeholder. It just seems way too plain. Not saying Georgia Tech cant stick to simple, but considering Adidas helped revamp all of Georgia Tech's identity it would be weird for the football uniform to have almost zero custom elements to it.

It is. GT already took to twitter to tell everyone it was a placeholder.

1 hour ago, WSU151 said:

There are two picture on this uniswag post; Adidas's numbers on Georgia Tech's unis are still atrocious. Look how bad they are compared to everyone else, including Miami.

Syracuse's numerals could be so cool (with the pattern) if they'd simply use a more basic font. Adding flare to flare doesn't work... too much flare. 

13 hours ago, hawk36 said:

Syracuse's numerals could be so cool (with the pattern) if they'd simply use a more basic font. Adding flare to flare doesn't work... too much flare. 

I think you mean flair.

But flare works too, because I want to set fire to most of these designs.

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

I don't like Miami's number font - the serifs and indents are too small, and the numbers are too short and thick compared to the negative space inside. I think collegiate block should look like Clemson's.

And if anyone is wondering, this chunky font isn't a historically accurate part of Miami's new throwback look. In the 80s and early 90s, Miami had normally-proportioned block letters with full serifs.

9c684fabe9fa7d5e13cf0b437b2339df.jpgmiami-texas-cotton-bowl2.jpg

oh ,my god ,i strong recommend you to have a visit on the website ,or if i'm the president ,i would have an barceque with the anthor of the articel .

Archived