FightingGoldenDevil

College Football uniforms- 2018

2 hours ago, FightingGoldenDevil said:

Did ASU get new uniforms? I love them

As much as Herm Edwards laughed at the jersey they gave him, I'm not surprised to see a change. He looked at it like it was made for pee wee league.

1 hour ago, H11K said:

Those look like practice uniforms for ASU

Nothing wrong with simple. Herm is probably trying to throwback to when he played in college. With the monstrosity that the newest U of A uniforms are throwing back isn't bad

1 hour ago, MJWalker45 said:

As much as Herm Edwards laughed at the jersey they gave him, I'm not surprised to see a change. He looked at it like it was made for pee wee league.

He asked if it was a girl's fit. The amount of stretch in Adidas's templates is insane

Put a pitchfork on the pants and slap Arizona State on the front and you’ve got a great uniform when paired with sparky. Now it’s just very undercooked. 

1 hour ago, FightingGoldenDevil said:

Nothing wrong with simple. Herm is probably trying to throwback to when he played in college. With the monstrosity that the newest U of A uniforms are throwing back isn't bad

It's just that thats basically a pallet swap of every other Adidas jersey in the last 3 years minus tire tread.

Stanford certainly seem to be the kings of extremely subtle tweaks while retaining the same general look. Pants stripes, number outlines, mask colors, helmet decals, etc. all seem to be changing every other year or so. These are fine but think I preferred them sans number outlines and with pants stripes (though I think they’ve skipped the stripes the last year or so).

8 hours ago, FightingGoldenDevil said:

Did ASU get new uniforms? I love them

Meh. If done right, they’ll be ok. They won’t do them right, though. 

7 hours ago, H11K said:

3jRYGPZ.jpg

Subtle change for stanford, VIA: Stanequip on twitter

For Stanford, the white facemask is very 80s, and the black outlined is very late 90s.

Both still look good.

11 hours ago, Cardsblues02 said:

Hawaii looks great! UA is much better than Adidas, who would just roll out a generic uniform for teams like Hawaii. I really like how the Warriors look now. Nice uniforms, love that tribal pattern. Brings back some fond memories of the Hawaii football heyday in the late 2000s.

I guess we all have different definitions of "heyday"...

10_112420318.jpg

1 hour ago, oldschoolvikings said:

I guess we all have different definitions of "heyday"...

10_112420318.jpg

On field success was what I meant by heyday. Not uniform wise.

2 hours ago, WSU151 said:

For Stanford, the white facemask is very 80s, and the black outlined is very late 90s.

Both still look good.

I don't think the black outlines look good at all. There's no other black in the uniform and no reason to add it for visual contrast between the white numbers and red jersey.

Think this was discussed much earlier, but this is the best look we've seen of Utah's new 125 logo and the patch on the jersey

Utah looks pretty slick there.  And now it's time to do what must be done...

KUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUHN!

2 hours ago, oldschoolvikings said:

10_112420318.jpg

1 hour ago, Cardsblues02 said:

On field success was what I meant by heyday. Not uniform wise.

I know.  I'm just looking for any excuse to post a picture of that uniform. 

How about some awesome throwbacks?

img24666979.jpg

usatsi_8797127.jpg?w=1000&h=698

I was really expecting Hawaii to showcase the rainbow uniforms in their video since they emphasized "Rainbow Warriors." I understand they've brought the moniker back and all, but it felt like a tease on my personal likings.

West Virginia was mentioned previously having changed to the Vapor Untouchable. It's hard to see cause they only used the blue tops at media days, but I think the armpit stains are also gone.

DiUtVO5U0AAzkfl.jpg

Towards the end of this video you'll see some photo shoots. Again, hard to tell but I think it's true.

1 hour ago, oldschoolvikings said:

I know.  I'm just looking for any excuse to post a picture of that uniform. 

How about some awesome throwbacks?

img24666979.jpg

usatsi_8797127.jpg?w=1000&h=698

Those uniforms are wonderful.  Helmets are kind of whatever, but everything else is perfect.

Iowa updated their look.  1) They switched to the similar numeric font like they did in basketball, volleyball, etc.  And 2) They switched to the new template.  Looks pretty good IMO.

Di0xoAnUYAAh8Rd.jpg