College Football uniforms- 2018

FightingGoldenDevil

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, WavePunter said:

The "tire treads" aren't nearly as noticeable on most colors as people act like, and the jerseys weren't designed to be worn without pads or photoshopped.. While I can understand your personal frustrations regarding them, I don't think it's fair for that to affect your overall opinion of the jerseys themselves so heavily..

4 hours ago, MJWalker45 said:

The only colors that aren't affected by the tire tread is white and scarlet. The new template hasn't stood out so much except for the ASU "sweaters".

Judging by all the different ones that have been worn, I think the contrast can be dialed up or down using a second yarn color. For example, you can use two different red colors to create more visibility on the pattern or a single red color to make it nearly invisible. That’s the only way to explain why some jerseys have more contrast than others; it’s a design choice, not simply a consequence of the process.

I think A&M even wore one that was two completely different colors (maroon/black maybe?) which would support that.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

6 hours ago, MJWalker45 said:

The only colors that aren't affected by the tire tread is white and scarlet. The new template hasn't stood out so much except for the ASU "sweaters".

It's not just the bright colors.. maroon and Vegas gold hardly affected at all.. Royal and black are also fairly subtle.. In addition to the aforementioned scarlet, yellow gold, and orange as well.. The bad ones are the grey and powder blue..

The heathered look of ASU's new one is likely the issue with it.. But yeah, it looks bad

2 hours ago, Tiny_Grandpa said:

Looks like Iowa is switching from block numerals to their own number font that they've used for their blackout uni's and basketball uni's.  A small change, but I hate it.

Is there a better pic of it?

p65A9Ts.png

XEK7sAn.png

1 hour ago, WavePunter said:

It's not just the bright colors.. maroon and Vegas gold hardly affected at all.. Royal and black are also fairly subtle.. In addition to the aforementioned scarlet, yellow gold, and orange as well.. The bad ones are the grey and powder blue..

The heathered look of ASU's new one is likely the issue with it.. But yeah, it looks bad

Navy blue has it's issues too. I will agree that maroon and black for Arizona State are more subtle as well.

Image result for malone footballRelated image

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

19 hours ago, WavePunter said:

But then they couldn't hate on Adidas as much..

I criticize Adidas often, but I don't "hate" them. In fact, I just praised their new uniforms for Wyoming. Those are good football uniforms without their usual gimmicks. If they did more of that instead of the tire treads, corduroy sweaters and super-stretchy jerseys, I'd have no issue with Adidas at all.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

Di0xoBPU0AAWyQe.jpg

I kinda like it. What I'd really like to see Iowa do is get rid of all of the white on their football uniforms, Black and gold with the northwestern stripe would be really sharp and different enough from the Steelers for Iowa to really have their own look.

57 minutes ago, 8BW14 said:

I kinda like it. What I'd really like to see Iowa do is get rid of all of the white on their football uniforms, Black and gold with the northwestern stripe would be really sharp and different enough from the Steelers for Iowa to really have their own look.

Disagree. If they had gold numbers they'd look like Mizzou.

5a26ddf1ba51a.image.jpg?resize=1200,859

2 hours ago, Lights Out said:

I criticize Adidas often, but I don't "hate" them. In fact, I just praised their new uniforms for Wyoming. Those are good football uniforms without their usual gimmicks. If they did more of that instead of the tire treads, corduroy sweaters and super-stretchy jerseys, I'd have no issue with Adidas at all.

"Hating" and "Hating On" are not the same..

1 hour ago, Tiny_Grandpa said:

Disagree. If they had gold numbers they'd look like Mizzou.

5a26ddf1ba51a.image.jpg?resize=1200,859

Not really. Iowa would wear gold pants and have stripes on the sleeves, plus a block number font. Both are black and gold but distinct from one another.

Iowa should keep the white numbers. They objectively look better. 

And this is coming from a guy who would love nothing more than to make Iowa worse in any way possible. 

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

17 minutes ago, WavePunter said:

These numbers are a touch too bold for my taste.. It's like the thickness of a white number with a white outline.. If they thinned it out just a bit, I'd be on board..

Maybe add a gold outline? Would also hit the point of giving them their own look.

29 minutes ago, HoopsCoach55 said:

Maybe add a gold outline? Would also hit the point of giving them their own look.

Ehhh... I'm not really a fan of that route.. Imo, they already have their own look due to their numbers, and I think a gold outline would be a downgrade.. 

Archived