FightingGoldenDevil

College Football uniforms- 2018

Recommended Posts

It's funny that Georgia Tech has two different white jerseys for home and road. I really like the home with gold numbers. Not a fan of the white helmet. Maybe some asymmetrical gold and blue striping similar to the white pants could work though. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dang, those shoulders look so barren. I know they aren’t required for college ball and aren’t exactly “necessary” anymore, but TV numbers have always made a uniform feel more complete to me. For instance, Clemson totally boosted their look for me when they added them alongside their paws two years ago. It’s such a pet peeve of mine that I feel like I can’t judge a set properly if they aren’t present, especially when there’s so much negative space left behind. Am I alone here?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Red Wolf said:

It's funny that Georgia Tech has two different white jerseys for home and road. I really like the home with gold numbers. Not a fan of the white helmet. Maybe some asymmetrical gold and blue striping similar to the white pants could work though. 

Looking at the back. The nameplates aren't as warped as they were previously. Hopefully that's still the case when they're worn by human and not models.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not a bad design at all, but it reminds me of the Jaguars' new uniforms (although less boring). Like all of Adidas' uniforms, though, it would benefit from using the CFL template instead of the TechFit crap.

 

One issue, though: the stripe on the white helmet matches nothing else in the uniform. They should have just left it off.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, Lights Out said:

Not a bad design at all, but it reminds me of the Jaguars' new uniforms (although less boring). Like all of Adidas' uniforms, though, it would benefit from using the CFL template instead of the TechFit crap.

 

One issue, though: the stripe on the white helmet matches nothing else in the uniform. They should have just left it off.

 

nm

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I really wish GT would wear navy jerseys 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Lights Out said:

One issue, though: the stripe on the white helmet matches nothing else in the uniform. They should have just left it off.

Speaking of which, have you guys seen the back of that lid?

 

Yikes.

 

080418%20tech%20photos_AP18.JPG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Gupti said:

Dang, those shoulders look so barren. I know they aren’t required for college ball and aren’t exactly “necessary” anymore, but TV numbers have always made a uniform feel more complete to me. For instance, Clemson totally boosted their look for me when they added them alongside their paws two years ago. It’s such a pet peeve of mine that I feel like I can’t judge a set properly if they aren’t present, especially when there’s so much negative space left behind. Am I alone here?

I’m with you, there are only 2 teams that I can tolerate not having numbers on shoulders or sleeves and They are Alabama and Stanford. I hate how they are practically being erased from the college game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don’t understand the duel white jerseys thing. I get that wearing white all the time is sort of GT’s “thing”, but it still seems dumb. They should at least have a gold or navy clash style kit in there somewhere to break out once or twice a year. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Talked to my friend who's on the GT football team about it and he said they're getting a navy jersey soon but he doesn't know yet if they'll have gold ones this season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The two white uniforms is pretty dumb. It's understandable that it's GT's thing, but just pick one and get it over with.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

More evidence to suggest a possible font change for Oregon’s new football uniforms this year; the women’s soccer team showed off some new kits at their picture/media day yesterday, and they have the new font:

31iPgwL.jpg

02nlu4U.jpg

This coupled with the fact that the football team is using the new font on their new workout/practice shorts, and that the athletic department is using the new font on recent social media and promotional graphics, as well as new Nike gear for this season, suggests that there’s a pretty good chance we’ll see this font on the football team’s new uniforms for this season. The new font will also very likely end up being used by the volleyball, acro & tumbling, softball, and baseball teams in the near future as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, upperV03 said:

More evidence to suggest a possible font change for Oregon’s new football uniforms this year; the women’s soccer team showed off some new kits at their picture/media day yesterday, and they have the new font:

 

 

This coupled with the fact that the football team is using the new font on their new workout/practice shorts, and that the athletic department is using the new font on recent social media and promotional graphics, as well as new Nike gear for this season, suggests that there’s a pretty good chance we’ll see this font on the football team’s new uniforms for this season. The new font will also very likely end up being used by the volleyball, acro & tumbling, softball, and baseball teams in the near future as well.

That's a definite improvement. Much less harsh than the old sharp angular font of the last few years.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Old School Fool said:

I'm surprised nobody mentioned that Roman Reigns helped unveil the Georgia Tech uniforms. You just can't escape this guy....

 

080418%20tech%20photos_AP10.JPG

Having met most of his cousins back in SoCal, his time at GT has made him a different cat even to them, haha. But hey, always good to see alumni back around teams.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, upperV03 said:

More evidence to suggest a possible font change for Oregon’s new football uniforms this year; the women’s soccer team showed off some new kits at their picture/media day yesterday, and they have the new font:

31iPgwL.jpg

02nlu4U.jpg

This coupled with the fact that the football team is using the new font on their new workout/practice shorts, and that the athletic department is using the new font on recent social media and promotional graphics, as well as new Nike gear for this season, suggests that there’s a pretty good chance we’ll see this font on the football team’s new uniforms for this season. The new font will also very likely end up being used by the volleyball, acro & tumbling, softball, and baseball teams in the near future as well.

 

I like it - the post-Mariota font never really clicked with me and on top of that I now associate it with failure on and off the field.

 

I’m hoping for a refreshing and cohesive set as opposed to the myriad one-offs that they’ve had.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.