College Football uniforms- 2018

FightingGoldenDevil

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No pants stripes is a trend I hope stops soon.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

32 minutes ago, OnWis97 said:

No pants stripes is a trend I hope stops soon.

I agree generally, but in this case, it's likely that Scott Frost is looking to bring back the look from Nebraska's glory years in the '90s, which also happens to be when he played.

scott-frost-nebraska-player.jpg

oh ,my god ,i strong recommend you to have a visit on the website ,or if i'm the president ,i would have an barceque with the anthor of the articel .

Who could have possibly predicted that ditching the tire tread pattern would make literally every Adidas uniform look much better?

oh ,my god ,i strong recommend you to have a visit on the website ,or if i'm the president ,i would have an barceque with the anthor of the articel .

Nebraska with pants stripes was one of the best looking teams in the country, but given the reason for removing them being a throwback to the Scott Frost era, I’m cool with it because it really shows the new mentality of this program. 

i have unquantifiable corpses on my conscience 

Continuing with the trend of Adidas Primeknit tweets...ASU

(MLF) Chicago Cannons,  (IHA) Phoenix Firebirds - 2021 Xtreme Cup Champions

(WAFL) Phoenix Federals - WAFL World Bowl XII Champions (Defunct)

Adidas is actually having a decent off-season.  While there aren't many completely new designs, their older designs just look so much better on their Primeknit unis since there's no long much (if any) distortion of lines and numbers and they no longer seem to be using the foil looking numbers.

On 8/2/2018 at 8:49 PM, Power_Ranger_Rick said:

in what capacity do they look stupid? the difference in color isnt distracting, as it is so close to the ground, and doesn't throw off a uniforms color balance.

I don't see any of the following looks being improved by white or team colored cleats.

usa_today_9545312.0.jpg

597a230893b9f.image.jpg

Braxton+Berrios+Lawrence+Cager+Notre+Dam

I consider black cleats to be almost universally superior to white cleats. White cleats are for hitting 9 irons on manicured fairways. If you're going to play a game of speed and athleticism in grass and dirt why would you wear anything that immediately gets irreversibly dirty the second the ball is snapped?

A team should only wear white if it 1: plays on artificial turf or 2: plays in the sun belt (where is grass is basically a fairway).

1 hour ago, Griffinmarlins said:

What the hell is up with those TV numbers? Why are they slanted like that?

The orientation of those numbers is something I’ve never really thought too hard about because they’ve literally always been sideways, but this actually makes a lot of sense if you think about how they’re used and the types of positions that might obscure the front numbers (player leaning forward in a stance, player hunched forward making a tackle, player on hands and knees or on stomach). There are very few instances where a player would be rotated in such a way that sideways numbers on the shoulders are the most functional orientation. I think it will be an interesting experiment.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

1 hour ago, andrewharrington said:

The orientation of those numbers is something I’ve never really thought too hard about because they’ve literally always been sideways, but this actually makes a lot of sense if you think about how they’re used and the types of positions that might obscure the front numbers (player leaning forward in a stance, player hunched forward making a tackle, player on hands and knees or on stomach). There are very few instances where a player would be rotated in such a way that sideways numbers on the shoulders are the most functional orientation. I think it will be an interesting experiment.

It almost reminds me of the NHL jerseys with a front number just below the yoke. 

3 hours ago, cajunaggie08 said:

Texas A&M primeknit

I'm glad the inset is still being used on the numbers. I know it was believed to be on its way out. The adidas logo on the butt instead of the thigh is strange though. They do this for soccer shorts to allow the larger numbers to be used now. I wonder if this was just a mistake but they needed to roll the uniforms out and didn't Photoshop it out. 

Smwoeqb.jpg

3 hours ago, cajunaggie08 said:

It must be Adidas Primeknit uniform day. Here is Miami's video

Best look so far. Are they ditching the black helmets or are they saving the blackout unis for later in the year? Not having monochrome models makes the uniforms look so much better as proven by the WGG worn by one player. 

Looking at Arizona's home jerseys I like how they've managed to wrap the flag around the shirt:

EIRhc4e.jpg

fEFfk8Y.jpg

SicJObd.jpg

It's a little hard to see how the rays that are on the shoulder seem to curve off rather than just end abruptly at the back seam of the sleeve cap. The only thing I don't like about the jersey is that center insert that is sewn in. It may be there to give a little bit of support to the yoke but if it isn't necessary then why have it there? During games no one will notice it so it's not something that takes too much away from the uniform. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Archived