College Football uniforms- 2018

FightingGoldenDevil

On 8/6/2018 at 11:21 AM, cajunaggie08 said:

Nebraska showing off their Adidas Primeknit A1 uniforms

I actually like the update, although i would've liked to see black cleats, with red socks for the home set (Bc i grew up a huge eric crouch fan), but in anycase this helps set them apart from Wisconsin. 

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, andrewharrington said:

Maybe the negative spaces are the light rays and not the dark ones. ? The problem is the translation to the actual flag is unclear because two of the rays are missing.

As for the lettering and numbers, those are ASU’s baby. They were designed with Nike as part of that 2011 uniform overhaul you pointed out, and for better or worse, every ASU uniform in every sport will feature it for the foreseeable future. (I was a bit shocked, though, to find out that their lettering is just H&FJ/H&Co.’s Champion with spurs added to it; I thought it was truly custom for a long time).

right thats what i mean; they took the dark areas of the flag and made them the dark areas on the jersey. but they've only taken a few select elements from the flag, so why not just make those the lighter areas anyway? it makes more sense in the context of the jersey i think

i didn't even realize that was the same font. i wonder if its one weight bolder than before though? something seems off

NCbl9h5.png

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

13 minutes ago, oldschoolvikings said:

Excepting 1962?

Flatley.jpg

Good find!  But I think that Northwestern's 40-year peak being a 7-2 season with no bowl game and no final poll ranking kind of proves my point.

oh ,my god ,i strong recommend you to have a visit on the website ,or if i'm the president ,i would have an barceque with the anthor of the articel .

14 minutes ago, BrandMooreArt said:

right thats what i mean; they took the dark areas of the flag and made them the dark areas on the jersey. but they've only taken a few select elements from the flag, so why not just make those the lighter areas anyway? it makes more sense in the context of the jersey i think

i didn't even realize that was the same font. i wonder if its one weight bolder than before though? something seems off

NCbl9h5.png

The Techfit and Primeknit originals stretched the numbers a bit because for other sports they looked close to what they were with Nike. They may have been thickened to stand out more, especially the ones used with blackout jerseys. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

1 hour ago, whitedawg22 said:

Good find!  But I think that Northwestern's 40-year peak being a 7-2 season with no bowl game and no final poll ranking kind of proves my point.

I won't argue with that, although keep in mind, at the time the Big Ten only allowed their champion to accept a bowl bid.

1 hour ago, BrandMooreArt said:

NCbl9h5.png

55 minutes ago, MJWalker45 said:

The Techfit and Primeknit originals stretched the numbers a bit because for other sports they looked close to what they were with Nike. They may have been thickened to stand out more, especially the ones used with blackout jerseys. 

I think they only provide it on their licensing guidelines as a single color, so it’s possibly the result of there not being a set standard for the outlined version. As a result, you may get the effect of an outside-, center-, or inside-aligned stroke, each of which will give you a very different feel.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

Sadly, this Nike designer admits he was the one that wanted to add the elements that the coach would like instead of focusing on Minnesota traditin (the metallic gold i guess is supposed to be a callback to how their helmets used to look in the past). It's a shame because the coach could leave after a year then they would be stuck with his "touch" on the uniform vs having something that is actually based on the school. Sounds like Fleck was able to sign off on this instead of the school as well smh 

Cal Bears | Miami Dolphins | Cleveland Cavaliers |
@dcjames5

9 minutes ago, djam2410 said:

Sadly, this Nike designer admits he was the one that wanted to add the elements that the coach would like instead of focusing on Minnesota traditin (the metallic gold i guess is supposed to be a callback to how their helmets used to look in the past). It's a shame because the coach could leave after a year then they would be stuck with his "touch" on the uniform vs having something that is actually based on the school. Sounds like Fleck was able to sign off on this instead of the school as well smh 

Funny that the bottom-right panel on that photo is Steve Prefontaine.  You know, the guy from Oregon.

I get the Nike connection with Bill Bowerman and Phil Knight, but Pre is such a uniquely Oregon element, it just feels wonky on something about Minnesota.

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

11 minutes ago, pianoknight said:

Funny that the bottom-right panel on that photo is Steve Prefontaine.  You know, the guy from Oregon.

I get the Nike connection with Bill Bowerman and Phil Knight, but Pre is such a uniquely Oregon element, it just feels wonky on something about Minnesota.

Sharks and Pre are part of Fleck's weird neo-Sucessories motivational schlock.

Just now, Filthy Cats said:

How does one include a jpeg photo in a post? I've done it before and I just can't seem to remember how I did it! #AmatuerHour

Create a Imgur account and add the link for forums from there into here,

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

On ‎8‎/‎6‎/‎2018 at 2:53 PM, MJWalker45 said:

I'm glad the inset is still being used on the numbers. I know it was believed to be on its way out. The adidas logo on the butt instead of the thigh is strange though. They do this for soccer shorts to allow the larger numbers to be used now. I wonder if this was just a mistake but they needed to roll the uniforms out and didn't Photoshop it out. 

Smwoeqb.jpg

I just realized this, but the model put his pants on backwards.

59 minutes ago, jakgol said:

^^

42 minutes ago, MJWalker45 said:

How? Aren't the pads in?

Haha no they arent im just noticing this. You can see the pocket for the thigh pad right under the "a" of the adidas logo. What an absolute buffoon.

1 minute ago, Power_Ranger_Rick said:

^^

Haha no they arent im just noticing this. You can see the pocket for the thigh pad right under the "a" of the adidas logo. What an absolute buffoon.

This is why you use actual players and not models. And why you check your models before shooting.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

1 hour ago, jakgol said:

<< Insert subconscious joke about Adidas being s**t  >>

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

Archived