College Football uniforms- 2018

FightingGoldenDevil

16 minutes ago, phinish said:

DkMCZu4X4AEJ2oK.jpgMiami broke in special cleats today. The base color of the shoe is white and the highlight color is a green that is closer to aqua than traditional Miami green.

Miami Dolphicanes? 

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, djam2410 said:

and this is even worse..idk what made eastern michigan think this was a good idea

unnamed__2_.jpg

Looks like a photo app where you can have some things in color and others in b&w

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

18 minutes ago, Webfooter said:

Why do I get the feeling that the Canes are going to be wearing Dolphin-inspired uniforms similar to what Arkansas and Mississippi State have done?

The cleats are part of the Parley line from Adidas. Shoes made from recycled bottles. Some guy on a canes board said the uniforms would be line with that theme before the cleats were worn today. Looks like he was right.

4 hours ago, guest23 said:

My interpretation of the article after reading the 1st two paragraphs is that bsu's claim is extremely flimsy and would not hold up in court but they like to pretend that they are some arbiter of colored sports fields. All of the retroactive granting of rights and attempting to claim the rights to the nickname broncos is absolutely ridiculous.

After reading that article, I really hope someone takes BSU to the mat on the any-colored fields trademark. This is coming from a native Idahoan. The smugness with which BSU's counsel dismisses a noted authority on trademark law is just begging to be shut up.

No institution has challenged Boise State’s trademark interpretation, but several experts said they believed that a school wanting a non-blue, non-green field would most likely succeed if it did. It is impractical to think that any momentary confusion would change purchasing decisions or sports allegiance, said Mark Lemley, a trademark expert and Stanford University professor.

“I see why they do it,” he said of Boise State defending its turf, “but it’s not a patent. Trademark law is designed to protect consumers from being confused. It seems unlikely that someone would be confused at all, and even if they are, it still seems ludicrous.”

In an email, Bickerton called that “an overly simplistic response based on a superficial review of a valid legal argument.”

“Initial interest confusion does not require actual confusion, merely that the mark captures the consumer’s initial attention,” she wrote. Articles on new colored fields, she added, usually refer to Boise State, “thus drawing an association.”

That said, BSU has the advantage of being in the 9th Circuit, and the 9th are the only jokers who seem to really believe in this "initial interest confusion" doctrine, so any potential defendant would probably need to be from another circuit in order for the forum of the case be outside of the 9th Circuit's clown show.

Visit my store on REDBUBBLE

4 hours ago, jsr862 said:

Belle Vernon here in PA has Gold turf, looks to me like and old dirt field

28hzh44.jpg

This reminds me of that one time NC State played a home game where it looked like the grass died.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

9 hours ago, djam2410 said:

and this is even worse..idk what made eastern michigan think this was a good idea

unnamed__2_.jpg

This would be a really cool idea for the 150th anniversary of the first college football game. Dress Rutgers and whomever else in shades of gray or sepia and play it on corresponding turf to look like an old photo.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

12 hours ago, whitedawg22 said:

This is interesting because Boise State has a trademark on non-green athletic fields. They've granted permission for a number of other schools (e.g. Eastern Washington - red, Eastern Michigan - gray, Coastal Carolina - teal), but as far as I know, they've never approved another blue football field. That said, the University of New England doesn't compete with Boise State in any way, shape, or form, so it's pretty reasonable for them to approve this.

UNE had blue turf for a few years before adding the football program. They had soccer, and possibly lacrosse and field hockey as well, on the blue turf. Not sure if the football field is a separate field, or they just relined the existing field. I was originally assigned to officiate a football game there, but was reassigned closer to home.

The University of New Haven has blue turf, and I think they received permissions from Boise. D2 isn't exactly infringing across the same audience as Boise.

UMass-Lowell has a blue field. They turned it blue long after they dropped football. The field is used almost exclusively for field hockey and lacrosse.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

12 hours ago, Discrimihater said:

This reminds me of that one time NC State played a home game where it looked like the grass died.

Worst about it talk about bfbs. Thier main colors for years where Green and gold had a nice look. Now I haven't attended a game thier, I coached in thier once before the change, but I'm pretty sure the endzones and field numbers are black bot dark green. And they incorporated black into thier jerseys as well. They would fit nicely into today's college football. 

16 hours ago, phinish said:

The cleats are part of the Parley line from Adidas. Shoes made from recycled bottles. Some guy on a canes board said the uniforms would be line with that theme before the cleats were worn today. Looks like he was right.

As long as it's an all white look they could look pretty good. I wonder if they would use the patterns on adidas' third jerseys this year.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

22 hours ago, pianoknight said:

I don't mind Coastal Carolina's field because it's within a certain degree of tolerance from normal green grass/turf.  I haven't seen a gray or black turf, but I may not mind that too much.

Red turf is disgusting.  

Actually, a high school here in Washington just got black turf a year ago. Let me tell you, it is DARK.

Related image

17+Fiest+Bowl_sig.png

West Salem High School here in Salem, Oregon has had a black field since 2012:

6a0115709f071f970b017c31951e1f970b.jpg

912_BlackTurf1.jpg

They went with black after they were offered a discount to go with a non-traditional color. Their field was the first outdoor black turf field. This site actually wrote an article about it back when it was unveiled:

http://news.sportslogos.net/2012/09/07/west-salem-goes-all-black-field-turf-with-an-unexpected-benefit/amp/

Having played a few soccer games on it, and watching several football games there, I can tell you it’s not only very ugly, but also pretty poor quality turf.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

1 minute ago, upperV03 said:

West Salem High School here in Salem, Oregon has had a black field since 2012:

6a0115709f071f970b017c31951e1f970b.jpg

912_BlackTurf1.jpg

They went with black after they were offered a discount to go with a non-traditional color. Their field was the first outdoor black turf field. This site actually wrote an article about it back when it was unveiled:

http://news.sportslogos.net/2012/09/07/west-salem-goes-all-black-field-turf-with-an-unexpected-benefit/amp/

Having played a few soccer games on it, and watching several football games there, I can tell you it’s not only very ugly, but also pretty poor quality turf.

How do people play on black turf on a hot, sunny day?  Do people who get tackled burn themselves?  Or does this only work in the PNW where it's never sunny?

oh ,my god ,i strong recommend you to have a visit on the website ,or if i'm the president ,i would have an barceque with the anthor of the articel .

34 minutes ago, BenjiJ said:

Actually, a high school here in Washington just got black turf a year ago. Let me tell you, it is DARK.

Related image

Seen that name hundreds of times in the last 20 years. Only been there once. Hahahahahaha!!!!! Army vets should know what I'm talking about. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

1 hour ago, BenjiJ said:

Related image

It's dark, but I don't hate this.  Unless the team predominantly wears all-black uniforms.  

That was always my gripe with Boise State.  Their uniforms matched the color of the field.  While this might not have been as big a problem at ground level for the players and coaches, it makes the game hard to watch on TV.

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

50 minutes ago, whitedawg22 said:

How do people play on black turf on a hot, sunny day?  Do people who get tackled burn themselves?  Or does this only work in the PNW where it's never sunny?

Well, they could practice/play in the evening when it's not so hot.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

52 minutes ago, whitedawg22 said:

It might get a little hotter but not significantly hotter than if it were green. And the idea that it's always gloomy in the PNW is just not true. During my time in Olympia/Lacey/Ft. Lewis the weather was about the same as it was in Ohio. They still don't believe in central air though so the month of July sucks if you don't have fans in the house.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Archived