College Football uniforms- 2018

FightingGoldenDevil

2 hours ago, mafiaman said:

“Anybody” is a pretty broad brush.  Lincoln could have executed each and every southerner who took up arms against the Union but he chose not to.  

May I kindly suggest you brush up on history and read about the lives of some famous Confederate leaders and what they did with their lives after the Civil War?  Start with General Robert E. Lee.

Oh, I’m fully aware that it’s a broad brush, and I’m also well aware of what Lee did after the war. He still fought for the Confederacy and what they stood for (the preservation of slavery). He’s the “get out of jail free card” that Lost Cause-ers point to make it look like they’re not honoring the Confederates’ pro-slavery attitude. 

When “the South will rise again” is a popular statement, when Confederate flags still fly far too often, and overt and casual racism thrives (be it violence or subtle discriminatory attitudes), it is best to suppress any Confederate imagery.

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, SFGiants58 said:

That’s a bad analogy.

Colonel Sanders was a fast food magnate who only held the title because the state of Kentucky handed it to him. Colonel Reb is a representation of a Confederate officer, and it’s kind of an appallingly bad idea to show anybody from the Confederacy in a positive light.

It’s not “political correctness” to disown pro-Confederate (read: fighting to preserve slavery) symbols and imagery, it’s basic human decency. The “Lost Cause” mentality is stupid.

Dang. I was gonna say something of my own, but you said it.

Perfect. It's not about "political correctness." ..."It’s kind of an appallingly bad idea to show anybody from the Confederacy in a positive light."

1 hour ago, DC in Da House w/o a Doubt said:

Has USF ever had a good look??

Maybeeee the 2007 set because they had some success in them ?

selvie1.jpg

I liked their last set with Under Armour for the most part.

861410116.0.jpg

"I believe in Auburn and love it!"

ojNNazQ.jpg

46 minutes ago, FightingGoldenDevil said:

People that claim to be patriots while flying the flag of traitors baffles me. I guess it's hard to understand the logic of people 3 generations into inbreeding

Saw a golf cart today in Myrtle Beach with BOTH flags on it.  And get this -- Confederate was on the left.  All sorts of messed up if u ask me. 

Tell me how it makes any sense to fly both

CCSLC sig 2016.jpg

20kujjp.jpg

1 hour ago, andycumbee19 said:

Saw a golf cart today in Myrtle Beach with BOTH flags on it.  And get this -- Confederate was on the left.  All sorts of messed up if u ask me. 

Tell me how it makes any sense to fly both

The multi-generational romantic affair with a failed secession movement, outright treason, and an unconditional surrender to the point that it's become embedded as a subculture of this country is an outright shame and black eye on this country. If you ask me Lincoln let them off too easy and Sherman quit marching too soon.

11 hours ago, FALCON6 said:

Please tell me Metallic numbers isn't going to be the next anthracite or whiteout trend.

This is something that is used with that specific adidas template. It's been that way for a while.

12 hours ago, tron1013 said:

USF’s Adidas practice jerseys look better than the new game jerseys and actually identify them as USF...

FB_08072018__0278.jpgFB_08072018__0088.jpg?width=1024&height=_big_DSC02447_16.jpg?mode=max&watermark=

Yep. The practice jerseys look so much better. Pretty sad.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

58 minutes ago, nuordr said:

Yes:

39061416_2260141180680000_86034208623238

Those aren't exactly matching but i guess it is still okay . it is hard to tell but it looks like they are slanted? (edit: they are and the home jersey does not have the stripes on the shoulder...another catalog casualty of a uniform?)

DkZ2whdXcAADfH-.jpg

DkZn0fYWsAAW8w1.jpg

Cal Bears | Miami Dolphins | Cleveland Cavaliers |
@dcjames5

As one of the forums resident South Florida Bull fans, this was the best look IMO, but with the gold helmet.  White helmets never looked right to me.

usf-10-12-blackwhite-marklomoglio-675x38

From what Ive been hearing, South Florida got the stock tread unis this season since they signed their agreement a little late with Adidas and didnt have time to get a design like GTech.  Rumor has it that 2019 or 2020 will have revamped Adidas unis.

I was told by the equipment manager of a non P5 school that they went with the original Shockweb 1.0 uniforms for their two jerseys because adidas was having stock issues with the two newer templates. They wanted to have their jerseys match template-wise this season and will upgrade next. 

"I believe in Auburn and love it!"

ojNNazQ.jpg

25 minutes ago, djam2410 said:

Those aren't exactly matching but i guess it is still okay . it is hard to tell but it looks like they are slanted? (edit: they are and the home jersey does not have the stripes on the shoulder...another catalog casualty of a uniform?)

DkZ2whdXcAADfH-.jpg

DkZn0fYWsAAW8w1.jpg

Are they a high school that can only afford one new pice of the uniform at a time? The red jersey and the pants are the same as last year.

spacer.png

Archived