College Football uniforms- 2018

FightingGoldenDevil

3 minutes ago, shaydre1019 said:

We got any predictions for tonight? What do we expect? What do we want to see?

Personally i'd like to see an updated Mariota set. The wings are something they've owned. I think at least one winged helmet is a must. 

After last year's Winged helmet tease, they can't just go back to the plain O helmets entirely, the fan base would riot. 

From what I've heard, there will be at least a green, yellow, and black jersey. Some sort of glow numbers/outlines may be a thing. I'm hoping for consistency. Last year and 2016 were total messes in terms of mismatching styles. 

BannerLogos.jpg

SF4.gif

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, shaydre1019 said:

Personally i'd like to see an updated Mariota set. The wings are something they've owned. I think at least one winged helmet is a must. 

That's what I'm really hoping for. I know Oregon's schtick is to have a tradition of change, but I think keeping to Mariota-era uniforms and just updating and enhancing is the way to go vs. the mess we've had since 2014. I think that's the identity we should claim going forward into our 2029 rematch against Sparty lol. All the pieces should match from the helmets to the socks. 

4 minutes ago, shaydre1019 said:

I'm with you -- it's been all downhill since Mariota left. 

Their coaches polos could offer some clues as for color combinations. I wouldn't be surprised to see a gray/black/green set in the mix. 

ff_2988472c_full.jpg&w=600

ff_2988473alt2_full.jpg&w=600

ff_2988471c_full.jpg&w=600

New tweet from Oregon:

My NFL concept series (in progress) --ATL, CLE, NE, WAS done. AZ updated 04/21/23.

48 minutes ago, NickNolanPhD said:

https://twitter.com/KwadeSays/status/1029118430262177792/photo/1

Supposedly this is the new black Oregon uniform. It was posted from 2019 commit Jaron Water's mom's Snap story. It's blurry mom-phone style video, so maybe it's just the previous set. Plus recruits have been modeling a few previous generations of uniforms, maybe this is the pro combat inspired spring uniform.

To me it looks like the duck head is on the shoulders and the numbers are grey/silver instead of green, and the helmet is black with the yellow decal as opposed to the green decal.

Oh well, speculation is over tonight. As long as the uniforms all match. 

That’s just the dark grey version of their 2016 Alamo Bowl uniforms, which they wore at home against Stanford in 2016:

2016.11.12.EMG_.ADE_.UO_.FB_.Vs_.Stanfor

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

40 minutes ago, j'villejags said:

I'm with you -- it's been all downhill since Mariota left. 

Their coaches polos could offer some clues as for color combinations. I wouldn't be surprised to see a gray/black/green set in the mix. 

ff_2988472c_full.jpg&w=600

ff_2988473alt2_full.jpg&w=600

ff_2988471c_full.jpg&w=600

New tweet from Oregon:

Don't wanna get too excited but those teaser shots are definitely trending in the right direction...

43 minutes ago, Webfooter said:

From the short video in Oregon's tweet, it sure looks like the helmets have wings on them.  Plus, it looks like they'll be back to having full green, yellow, white, and black sets.

Wouldn't be shocked to see them take the Doernbecher alts and run with the theme. The return of winged helmets was very popular and the subtle changes on those seem to reflect the new wings logo.

gallery_full-uniform_1200-height.jpg?ito

Maybe that's just my own wishful thinking. Keep those shoulder wings, use the new font, kelly green and yellow, mmmmm

30 minutes ago, CaliforniaGlowin said:

When I see the words "sun" and "sky" I think sky blue and neon yellow.  I'd love that.  Call these what you want, but it's still navy, gold and white.  Yawn.

Gold?  UTEP's colors and uniforms are navy, orange, and white.

1 hour ago, CaliforniaGlowin said:

When I see the words "sun" and "sky" I think sky blue and neon yellow.  I'd love that.  Call these what you want, but it's still navy, gold and white.  Yawn.

That is definitely orange and not gold.

1 hour ago, shaydre1019 said:

I think this was mentioned briefly months ago...but there are definitely a few new templates on display here https://twitter.com/oregonfootball/status/1028833221746679809

Yep, I mentioned that during spring practices. From the pictures I’ve seen from fall camp, there’s at least 3-4 different variations that are being tested. I’d be pretty surprised if the new Oregon uniforms were on a new template since it seems like Nike is still testing out a few different options for their next template.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

IMO, Oregon's home uniforms look best when they go with predominantly Green/White (yellow accents) or Black/Yellow (Green or White accents).  They also need to go back to something like the LaMichael James era.  The shoulder wings still looked like, you know... wings.  Not some metal robot knives.

LaMichael-James.jpg

s-l1600.jpg&maxx=300&maxy=0

Toss in a throwback and you've got all that you need for the home uniforms. 

hqdefault.jpg

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

18 minutes ago, pianoknight said:

IMO, Oregon's home uniforms look best when they go with predominantly Green/White (yellow accents) or Black/Yellow (Green or White accents).  They also need to go back to something like the LaMichael James era.  The shoulder wings still looked like, you know... wings.  Not some metal robot knives.

LaMichael-James.jpg

s-l1600.jpg&maxx=300&maxy=0

Toss in a throwback and you've got all that you need for the home uniforms. 

hqdefault.jpg

I want to know what is wrong with me. Why do I have a thing for these old shoulder sleeves with logos in or ontop of them? Such a old school odd look, but the Donald duck through the O in the yellow stripes, and even the old school Pitt  jerseys with the Script Pitt in them, and even though I get back lash from everyone in the panther boards. I love the look. I like anything old school college football. I even miss some the more old school cartoonish logos, just makes it more college atmosphere for me.

Quick note before Oregon drops their new uniforms:

It's rather amazing to me that a university that brings in tons and tons of recruits and others with little actual connection to the school can keep something like new uniforms a secret for so long. And professional teams, with a much smaller party of those involved (I would expect) can't keep it from leaking. Yea, retailers and all, but both have to deal with it. 

Just my random rambling  

"I believe in Auburn and love it!"

ojNNazQ.jpg

Archived