College Football uniforms- 2018

FightingGoldenDevil

Plain is the new game across most teams now (I'm looking at you Adidas and Nike).

Oregon's new look is disappointing. They change their uniforms every year and have never settled on a signature for their brand. While that makes them stand out, it also forces them to create a new set each year with some ridiculous gimmick. First, it was "carbon", then it was chrome, then GFGS and BFBS, and then Neon. These uniforms just add to the laughability of Oregon's reputation. Not only are they bland, half their uniforms don't use school colors, and the large numbers and pants logo make the uniforms look like a 3-party sublimated uniforms for a youth league. Honestly, I would be embarrassed to wear numbers that big.

Also, while I am all for supporting the military, you shouldn't rely on them to enhance your look (names on front, contrasting nameplates, etc.) unless you are a military school.

On the bright side, the winged helmets are fine. But I absolutely despise that black uniform. And that's probably the one they will use for most of their primetime games... yikes.

Remember, the best players sign for championship programs, not the most "trendy" uniforms. And Oregon has had to learn that lesson the hard way.

spacer.png

Visit my website at SSmith Designs (google.com)

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, agentrygraphics said:

well...erm.....um...I mean...the logo on the visor is pretty cool. Has that been done before?

Yeah... kinda

Image result for thomas davis visor

However, I don't know if they're legal for games. The NFL doesn't allow them. The Oregon visor may be for just the unveil.

spacer.png

23 minutes ago, SSmith48 said:

Yeah... kinda

Image result for thomas davis visor

However, I don't know if they're legal for games. The NFL doesn't allow them. The Oregon visor may be for just the unveil.

I know at the high school level (at least in Minnesota) visors that don't let you clearly see the players eyes are banned incase a kid takes a blow to the head and the trainer needs to check for a concussion but can't see the players eyes in a situation where they can't take the helmet off if the neck might be injured

S8eR5Rf.png

Q2XFfoc.jpg

8 minutes ago, FightingGoldenDevil said:

I know at the high school level (at least in Minnesota) visors that don't let you clearly see the players eyes are banned incase a kid takes a blow to the head and the trainer needs to check for a concussion but can't see the players eyes in a situation where they can't take the helmet off if the neck might be injured

Yup. Same rule applies in NCAA as well. The only way they can be tinted is with a prescription and the darkness of the tint is regulated for this reason. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

11 hours ago, Webfooter said:

Full look of all the uniforms together.  The blacks stick out like a sore thumb due to the inclusion of volt and the whites look off because of the lack of yellow.  Still wondering if they'll have a white helmet or not:

Dkr86qcU0AAQsih.jpg

The green uniforms are the best, simply on color alone. Still not enough to redeem the set's huge numbers or lack of anything on the jerseys and pants. 

AmPJ0Ty.png 

RE: Oregon Uniforms

Sometimes I feel like I'm too negative in life, so I am going to focus on the positive:

1.  The return of the candy apple green.  Honestly, one of the best colors in all of sport.

2.  The satin/suede finish on the helmets.  So pretty.

3.  The white helmet with the green wings.

RE: Notre Dame Shamrock Series

What a disaster.  For a school that holds on to so many traditions, even for a 1-off uniform, these are annually the worst uniforms in college football.

What if Notre Dame plays Oregon in the Pinstripe Bowl?

cmd: / taskkill / NCAAF.exe

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

Well, that Shamrock Series look is very distinctive. I subconsciously like it because it is so different, but the execution is off and plays too much off of the Yankees. I dunno though. I still kinda dig it.

Also, Grambling State unveiled some new Adidas duds. I really want to like the red jersey, but it just doesn't fit with the rest of the set. (Also, sorry for the poor quality picture. It's the best one I could find.)

Grambling State shows off its new adidas game jerseys Wednesday night.

They have worn red before, but more as a trim color.

Image result for grambling state football 1990

spacer.png

Archived