College Football uniforms- 2018

FightingGoldenDevil

Notre Dame should ALWAYS wear gold helmets. I don't care if they are metallic, matte, patterned, whatever. They need to be gold.

This isn't Arkansas imitating the Cowboys, or MSU imitating the Patriots. They threw away ND's brand and replaced it with the Yankees. Almost as a "what if the Yankees were a football team."

Just seems like a huge swing and a miss.

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, aawagner011 said:

Here are a couple more looks. I think this is absolutely disgusting. You’re Notre Dame FFS. You have a storied history as celebrated in the college ranks as the Yankees do in the professionals. You don’t need to play dress up. This isn’t some example of a D2 school getting to play in a cool venue. YOU’RE F***ING NOTRE DAME.

I don't mind the helmet, but the rest can go back to the drawing board.

39 minutes ago, VDizzle12 said:

Notre Dame should ALWAYS wear gold helmets. I don't care if they are metallic, matte, patterned, whatever. They need to be gold.

This isn't Arkansas imitating the Cowboys, or MSU imitating the Patriots. They threw away ND's brand and replaced it with the Yankees. Almost as a "what if the Yankees were a football team."

Just seems like a huge swing and a miss.

How is it any different from the other two imitation uniforms? Notre Dame having a much larger brand? Regardless, it's nothing short of trashing a brand that has been built to solely mimic someone else's.

"I believe in Auburn and love it!"

ojNNazQ.jpg

11 minutes ago, Clintau24 said:

How is it any different from the other two imitation uniforms? Notre Dame having a much larger brand? Regardless, it's nothing short of trashing a brand that has been built to solely mimic someone else's.

That's my thinking. Also, Arkansas and MSU at least bothered to use their own wordmarks. Aside from the ND on the helmet and slight gold trim, there's nothing here but Yankees branding. They couldn't even put the ND on the helmet without having pinstripes around it. 

"Block numbers on jersey match Yankees numbers"

You've only posted two digits and I can tell they're not even close, you doofuses.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

44 minutes ago, WBeltz said:

I don't mind the helmet, but the rest can go back to the drawing board.

The helmet is the worst part. Notre Dame should always have a gold helmet. Even when they put ugly crap on it, it should be gold. Without a gold helmet they're not Notre Dame.

The thing that pisses me off most is that they're sh?ing all over their iconic brand just to give the Yankees a blow job.

The response has been pretty brutal so far. Maybe there will be enough negative reactions that they'll reconsider the helmet and pants.

spacer.png

11 minutes ago, upperV03 said:

And it's not just Oregon getting this stuff; other Nike schools are getting are getting similar gear.  These items have absolutely crazy prices for just sideline gear.  Makes you wonder why Nike is going with high-end casual gear for their top schools rather than the normal team-branded athletic apparel.

I legit LOL'ed when I saw the pinstriped ND pants. That uniform is a mess. 

Realistically all they had to do was 

- Use their normal uniform template of G/N/G

- Use the Yankee style script on the jersey 

- Replace regular ND logo on sleeves with the one from the Shamrock Series helmet. 

AM-JKLUm-gD6dFoY5MvQGgjXb2rzP7kMTHmGf8UsR6KOCYQnHU-0HSFi-zjXHepGDckUAHcduu3pVgvwxe06RKDW2y2Z2BmhEOe8OP-WSY1XqLT9KsQ0ZP75J9loQuNrvLW208pEWCg9jq8aNx-zFneH9aPQQA=w800-h112-no?authuser=0

spacer.png

10 minutes ago, Griffinmarlins said:

I legit LOL'ed when I saw the pinstriped ND pants. That uniform is a mess. 

Realistically all they had to do was 

- Use their normal uniform template of G/N/G

- Use the Yankee style script on the jersey 

- Replace regular ND logo on sleeves with the one from the Shamrock Series helmet. 

Not bad.

If they really wanted to do the Yankees thing, here's what they should have done:

- Standard helmet (You're ND, don't mess with that lid)

- White jersey and pants with sublimated pin stripes

- Numbers in the Yankee font with a very thin gold outline

- Navy blue ND sleeve logo 

They'd pay their respects to the Yankees but still look like Notre Dame. Alas...

What is happening right now? 

Boregon. 

Notre Lame. 

Is Adidas somehow winning at this moment? 

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

5 hours ago, Jetlodge said:

But wait, it gets worse

So are most of the players going to wear slightly baggy pants that go all the way to the tops of their cleats while only a few wear them at the knee? I mean, they are trying to look like the Yankees, so they really need to go all in…

Visit my store on REDBUBBLE

3 hours ago, VDizzle12 said:

Yup, my favorite scene in Rudy is when the student pep squad is painting these:

484466_484061681623383_1290901035_n.jpg

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

Archived