College Football uniforms- 2018

FightingGoldenDevil

3 hours ago, Cosmic said:
Boy, I hope I saved the product key so I can reinstall Oregon Football 1.6

If by version 1.6 you mean the uniforms that Mariota wore, then I’m completely with you:

chi-oregon-sharp-dressed-man2.gif

(Should be noted that there are a few combos in there that I didn’t like (the all-black with pink, the black/dark green/grey, and the black/white/grey), but it was easier to post this than a series of photos showing different combos).

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, upperV03 said:

You can see here that the green color really is the neon that was shown in the promo shots:

Dkr-u7SUwAMmD3m?format=jpg

And then here’s an in-person look at the black replica, which clearly uses apple green rather than neon:

05uxdlwzjhg11.jpg

Also, the neon color they’re using on the black uniforms is different from the neon color they’ve used in the past. It’s a more greenish shade than the volt that the football team has used. The basketball team used a similar (if not identical) neon green color on their 2016/17 one-off uniforms:

17.02.16.emg_.an_.mbball.vs_.utah-5-768x

The football team also had a pair of cleats last year with the greener neon color:

C-ghjZ0V0AAKmC2?format=jpg

Well, there ya go. Just odd all around. Hasn’t Oregon in the past worn one-off versions of their jerseys in the same season to coordinate with different helmets and such, for example, unveiling a yellow jersey with black numbers and a black helmet, but wearing a yellow jersey with silver numbers when they paired it with a silver helmet? I seem to remember that happening, but I can’t remember, and trying to research this could lead to insanity. Anyway, maybe that’s why there’s one with neon green and one with apple green numbers?

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

5 minutes ago, andrewharrington said:

Well, there ya go. Just odd all around. Hasn’t Oregon in the past worn one-off versions of their jerseys in the same season to coordinate with different helmets and such, for example, unveiling a yellow jersey with black numbers and a black helmet, but wearing a yellow jersey with silver numbers when they paired it with a silver helmet? I seem to remember that happening, but I can’t remember, and trying to research this could lead to insanity. Anyway, maybe that’s why there’s one with neon green and one with apple green numbers?

They did a yellow Jersey with grey numbers but black wings around 2008-10. They went with both the black and carbon fiber helmets.  Every yellow jersey since has had just black numbers with silver only being used as an outline.

31 minutes ago, dont care said:

They did a yellow Jersey with grey numbers but black wings around 2008-10. They went with both the black and carbon fiber helmets.  Every yellow jersey since has had just black numbers with silver only being used as an outline.

I really truly believe the yellow/gray combos were underrated. They seem like an alternate universe Steelers concept but just worked so well for some reason.images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTkdd1dtdkoIIsU1oneh83

17 hours ago, BenjiJ said:

"Both" can only refer to two items, not three. You would think a school like Notre Dame could at least use correct grammar when releasing terrible uniforms. 

I thought the same thing, so I looked it up. While most of the time it is applied to just two items, apparently it is acceptable to use when drawing connection between two or more things. Who knew?!  

Still sounds wrong, though. 

38 minutes ago, Vitalogy26 said:

I really truly believe the yellow/gray combos were underrated. They seem like an alternate universe Steelers concept but just worked so well for some reason.images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTkdd1dtdkoIIsU1oneh83

That's pretty terrible. It'd be better if it wasn't an alternative universe-trying-to-NFL-team-that-has-no-connection-to-Oregon uniform.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

12 hours ago, Mingjai said:

At lease the numbers on the backs of Nike replica jerseys will be bigger. They’re getting so small, it’s ridiculous. 

U8ZaaLY.jpg

I bought the Ohio State jersey last year. The numbers were the right size on mine, but I had sewn on numbers. The screened numbers for my Army jerseys from 2016 were the right size though. sometimes the mockups are blanks with the numbers thrown on later so it may not look right on the site but will when you get it. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

1 hour ago, MJWalker45 said:

I bought the Ohio State jersey last year. The numbers were the right size on mine, but I had sewn on numbers. The screened numbers for my Army jerseys from 2016 were the right size though. sometimes the mockups are blanks with the numbers thrown on later so it may not look right on the site but will when you get it. 

I wish that were the case, but I've seen it with both my BYU and U of Minnesota recent replicas--the back numbers are stupidly small. Here are my BYU replicas for comparison:

WaoEPPq.jpg

At least the sublimated royal replica from last year was a little better, but that might be a one-off (as apparently is the case for the sublimated ones):

uRZSqF4.jpg

Visit my store on REDBUBBLE

Just now, Mingjai said:

I wish that were the case, but I've seen it with both my BYU and U of Minnesota recent replicas--the back numbers are stupidly small. Here are my BYU replicas for comparison:

WaoEPPq.jpg

At least the sublimated royal replica from last year was a little better, but that might be a one-off (as apparently is the case for the sublimated ones):

uRZSqF4.jpg

That's bupkiss! Pretty bad job there.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

4 hours ago, andrewharrington said:

That makes sense. Since the black jerseys and pants would look weird with any other combination. Either they plan on only using black jerseys with black pants, there are alternates of both or there will be some horrible mismatching.

6 minutes ago, graydon said:

Dkv13dDU0AAOetG.jpg

Old on the left, new on the right. Seems like more teams are going with the horizontal sleeve stripes this year.

I like the addition of the stripe, but what is that stripe? 

AmPJ0Ty.png 

Going to be dead honest: I love the Oregon uniforms. 

1) Sure, the numbers are HUGE, but we just aren't used to numbers that big. That doesn't mean that they don't work. Might just take some getting used to. Subtle way to evolve. I don't hate it. 

2) They've really optimized the best parts of their past uniforms. Love the apple green, the straight-yellow, and the stormy roads. I think if these are TASTEFULLY mixed and matched, they are going to look really good

3) Big fan of spicing up the black jerseys with that alternate neon color. It's very Oregon without going over the top.

Think about all the stuff from the past? Tire tread jerseys with yokes. The two-tone helmets, which were horrendous. The gaudy material and weird shades of green on the Rose Bowl uniforms with the mirror helmets. This, for modern-day Oregon, isn't what I'd imagine... but it's good. 

More shots of the new Oregon uniforms:

Dk072T4U8AA4xIs?format=jpg

Dk08DdhUwAASdsn?format=jpg

Dk07iWYUwAAgx5U?format=jpg

Dk07UiKU0AATqJb?format=jpg

These are starting to grow on me a bit more, especially the green and yellow versions, but there are still several small things that are holding them back IMO. That said, I’m curious to see how much mixing and matching they do this year, and which combos they might break out. Off the top of my head, I’d like to see yellow/green/yellow, yellow/white/yellow, black/yellow/yellow, yellow/green/green, and maybe black/white/black. I’d like to see the green helmet and pants used with the white jerseys, but I think they’d clash a bit too much.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

Here’s a shot at the back of the white jersey:

cTmA1XA.jpg

And a couple looks at the black jersey, which apparently doesn’t have a contrasting nameplate:

4zLxKS2.jpg

GvTZGhC.jpg

Now I’m curious to see if the green jerseys have a contrasting nameplate or if it’s just the white and yellow jerseys that have it.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

I read somewhere else that Oregon will start selling beer inside Autzen stadium this year.  Maybe they can take a design cue from the uniforms.

IMG_3035.JPG

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

Archived