XFL 2020 Season

ozzyman314

1 hour ago, BigRed618 said:

My predictions: New Jersey, Jacksonville, Columbus, St. Louis, Okla. City, Las Vegas, Sacramento, Portland.

1 hour ago, JH42XCC said:

My predictions:

EAST

• Columbus, OH
  • Louisville, KY
  • New York/New Jersey
  • St. Louis

WEST

• Houston
  • Oklahoma City
  • Portland, OR
  • Sacramento

So OKC is be at that renovated HS stadium where the USL team plays, or do y'all mean they play in Norman, which is about 20 minutes away?

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, Gothamite said:

An 80,000 seat stadium?  Ugh.  Even Yankee Stadium’s 55K seems ludicrously high.  The Cyclones’ park in Brooklyn would be more realistic to start. 

Vince McMahon is the type of guy who wants the XFL to play in large stadiums rather than one that seats 7,000 like Brooklyn.  His ego won't allow an XFL team to play in a stadium as small as MCU Stadium in Brooklyn.

Seattle?  If they go small, it'll be this stadium:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Memorial_Stadium_(Seattle)

but instead it's probably either Husky Stadium or Century Link Field. 

Seattle may be a mistake move for the XFL because of the fact that the announcement of a Seattle XFL team will be overshadowed by the arrival of an NHL team.  Plus the Mariners. 

2 hours ago, Dilbert said:

Hearing Seattle may be in now joining St Louis and assuming NY/NJ

The Seattle Daniel Bryan's with a picture of WWE Champion Daniel Bryan's face on it!

Also, the St. Louis Vipers....named after Randy Orton. 

I want the arrival of the Houston Suckas next, with the team mascot being Booker T.

It's Vince. He doesn't do things small. 

I'll take a stab at it:

Chicago

Houston

Los Angeles

New York

Orlando (They''ll play at Camping World Stadium while the AAF Apollos play at Spectrum Stadium (UCF)

San Jose/Santa Clara

Seattle

St. Louis

10 hours ago, dfwabel said:

So OKC is be at that renovated HS stadium where the USL team plays, or do y'all mean they play in Norman, which is about 20 minutes away?

If OKC gets a team, they'll most likely play at OU's Memorial Stadium in Norman or OK State's Boone Pickens Stadium in Stillwater.

YOZXkBG.png?1

My guess is that McMahon's ego will push him to make the same mistake so many leagues make, seting up shop in the most expensive, most sports-saturated markets and then struggling to get any media coverage in those cities.  He should avoid NY, LA, Chicago, etc. and place teams in markets where they might actually be appreciated, supported and covered by local media.  Were I him, I would start with these 8:

Portland

Sacramento

Albuquerque

St. Louis

Louisville

New Orleans

Orlando

Hartford

Looks like the 8 cities will come from this list:

He also has Seattle as a listed city. He didn't have room in his initial post. He also missed Minnesota, but the following link has them listed: https://domainnamewire.com/2018/11/30/xfl-cities/

MofnV2z.png

The CCSLC's resident Geelong Cats fan.

Viva La Vida or Death And All His Friends. Sounds like something from a Rocky & Bullwinkle story arc.

On 11/30/2018 at 6:55 AM, buzzcut said:

I currently live in Detroit and was born and raised in Pittsburgh and I can't see more than 10,000 people showing up for minor league football in those cities. 

12 hours ago, GDAWG said:

Vince McMahon is the type of guy who wants the XFL to play in large stadiums rather than one that seats 7,000 like Brooklyn.  His ego won't allow an XFL team to play in a stadium as small as MCU Stadium in Brooklyn.

7 hours ago, Wings said:

It's Vince. He doesn't do things small. 

We keep hearing that he's learned from his past failure and won't make the same ego-driven mistakes again. Putting his minor-league startup team in an 80,000-seat stadium would be the equal of any mistake he made with XFL 1.0.

2 hours ago, buzzcut said:

He also has Seattle as a listed city. He didn't have room in his initial post.

The last thing Dallas needs is yet another pro sports team.  Guaranteed if there is a Dallas team, they will get zero coverage.

23 minutes ago, GDAWG said:

The last thing Dallas needs is yet another pro sports team.  Guaranteed if there is a Dallas team, they will get zero coverage.

Ditto for New York.  Unless they target a smaller area, like Long Island or Westchester or something like that.  Which kind of defeats the purpose of a New York team.

2 minutes ago, Gothamite said:

Ditto for New York.  Unless they target a smaller area, like Long Island or Westchester or something like that.  Which kind of defeats the purpose of a New York team.

FC Dallas and the Dallas Wings of the WNBA barely get any coverage as is and if they do, it's at a time when nothing of any significance is going on with the Cowboys, Rangers, Mavericks and Stars.  If the XFL were to go to Texas, Houston may be a better option. 

38 minutes ago, GDAWG said:

FC Dallas and the Dallas Wings of the WNBA barely get any coverage as is and if they do, it's at a time when nothing of any significance is going on with the Cowboys, Rangers, Mavericks and Stars.  If the XFL were to go to Texas, Houston may be a better option. 

Indeed.  Or even Austin.   Someplace a lot less crowded. 

Being in the biggest markets may satisfy his ego, but they could also kill his league.

20 minutes ago, Gothamite said:

Indeed.  Or even Austin.   Someplace a lot less crowded. 

Being in the biggest markets may satisfy his ego, but they could also kill his league.

If they go big markets, the AAF wins in that regard because they are going safe in regards to cities.  AAF got Atlanta and Phoenix, but they also have the usual go-to-cities for Alternate leagues such as Birmingham, Memphis, Orlando and San Antonio.

Archived