XFL 2020 Season

ozzyman314

31 minutes ago, Ferdinand Cesarano said:

Rodney Marsh, Johann Cruyff, and Carlos Alberto saw a significant difference.

I don't know that to be the case.  We all saw the same clip, but they don't actually say the shootout is better than penalties, only that the shootout is better than draws.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 4/10/2019 at 10:07 AM, Gothamite said:

I don't know that to be the case.  We all saw the same clip, but they don't actually say the shootout is better than penalties, only that the shootout is better than draws.

Marsh has on occasion suggested making the change on his radio show. The others I'm not as sure about. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

With the head coaches almost set hopefully we get some name & logo news by the end of this month. 

Dallas - Bob Stoops

Houston - ?

Los Angeles - ?

New York - Kevin Gilbride

Seattle - Jim Zorn

St. Louis - ?

Tampa Bay - Marc Trestman 

Washington - Pep Hamilton

19 minutes ago, Wings said:

With the head coaches almost set hopefully we get some name & logo news by the end of this month. 

Dallas - Bob Stoops

Houston - ?

Los Angeles - ?

New York - Kevin Gilbride

Seattle - Jim Zorn

St. Louis - ?

Tampa Bay - Marc Trestman 

Washington - Pep Hamilton

Oliver Luck says that a few coaches from the AAF have reached out to him, notably Mike Singletary and Mike Riley.  Singletary is from Houston and Riley once coached at USC.  As long as none of the last three are Mora Jr or Jeff Fisher. 

36 minutes ago, neo_prankster said:

The Tampa franchise should've hired Spurrier in some capacity.

He needs to let his back heal first. 

1 hour ago, BengalErnst said:

I take Mora and Fisher over singeltary every time. I’d love to see Martz and Spurrier in xfl 

Mora maybe, Fisher definitely not. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

On 4/16/2019 at 5:05 PM, neo_prankster said:

The Tampa franchise should've hired Spurrier in some capacity.

Would have been awesome to see the Ol' Ball Coach in charge of a reformed Tampa Bay Bandits team and bringing back Bandit Ball.

https://www.stltoday.com/sports/columns/ben-frederickson/benfred-xfl-misses-chance-to-make-splash-in-st-louis/article_d725d3d1-a11e-51a7-b760-337b4978b6b8.html

WINNIPEG, MANITOBA • Greetings from Canada, where I’m taking a quick hockey timeout to share my thoughts on today’s XFL news back home.

First, let me wish new coach Jonathan Hayes the best of luck. I hope he has tremendous success. And because the XFL will offer football-crazed fans in our area an outlet that is not infected by the morally corrupt NFL, I really do hope the St. Louis team sticks and succeeds.

That being said, I think the XFL made some mistakes in this process. Specifically, the league’s lack of interest in exploring potential coaching hires who have direct ties to the St. Louis area should count as a needless penalty. Hayes has coaching chops thanks to years as an NFL assistant. He played for the Kansas City Chiefs. (He's probably hoping we forget that time in Hard Knocks that he told former Mizzou tight end Chase Coffman that the Tigers did not teach him how to play 'man football.') Heck, Hayes might be the next Vince Lombardi, but if there is not significant interest in his team, will the team be around long enough to find out how good of a coach he can be? No offense to Hayes, but the general reaction in The Lou was … who?

A lot of people in St. Louis aren't happy with the hire, hoping for a more splashy hire. 

35 minutes ago, GDAWG said:

What is the XFL equivalent of 7-9?

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

Archived