ozzyman314

The XFL may be making a comeback

Recommended Posts

5 minutes ago, Ferdinand Cesarano said:

 

It all has to do with his backstory, that he didn't play football in high school.  That makes him fascinating.

Also, there was the tantalising glimpse of him in the AAF, in which he started the season strong.  Despite the fact that he eventually tailed off and was even replaced at Birmingham, he remains a player whom people are interested to see, and in whom coaches evidently see some quality.

Revisionist history.

He wasn't interceptions, and wasn't throwing TDs either. 

He was a 56% accurate in his first four games for 797 yards, and 3 INTS. Zero TDs.

 

Four games and Zero TD passes ain't strong. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, dfwabel said:

He was a 56% accurate in his first four games for 797 yards, and 3 INTS. Zero TDs.

 

The only important point is that Perez was fun to watch in the AAF (just as was his teammate Trent Richardson, despite similarly underwhelming statistics).


And, as noted, whoever makes decisions for XFL teams also clearly found his play worthwhile.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎10‎/‎15‎/‎2019 at 10:58 AM, GDAWG said:

xouec1p84ps31.jpg

 

The XFL assigned their QBs today

 

A lot of people were surprised one of these wasn't Johnny Manziel. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ferdinand Cesarano said:

 

The only important point is that Perez was fun to watch in the AAF (just as was his teammate Trent Richardson, despite similarly underwhelming statistics).


And, as noted, whoever makes decisions for XFL teams also clearly found his play worthwhile.

 

It would be former Packers Linebackers Coach Winston Moss who picked Perez.  All 8 head coaches are also General Managers. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, GDAWG said:

 

A lot of people were surprised one of these wasn't Johnny Manziel. 

 

And a lot of people weren't given how bad Manziel has stunk it up since leaving college.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Manziel's Direct Auto commercials was likely as lucrative than one season in the XFL with much less work and zero pain.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/16/2019 at 4:20 PM, Ferdinand Cesarano said:

 

The only important point is that Perez was fun to watch in the AAF (just as was his teammate Trent Richardson, despite similarly underwhelming statistics).


And, as noted, whoever makes decisions for XFL teams also clearly found his play worthwhile.

Or the other option was Christian Hackenberg. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, MJWalker45 said:
On 10/16/2019 at 5:20 PM, Ferdinand Cesarano said:

And, as noted, whoever makes decisions for XFL teams also clearly found [Luis Perez's] play worthwhile.

Or the other option was Christian Hackenberg. 

 

Oh, snap!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, dfwabel said:

FWIW...

s4qvB79.png

 

 

At least we know this time they'll complete the season. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On Saturday, February 8, they will go up against...

 

SEA@DC: A Kentucky/Tennessee basketball game followed by the PGA Tour's Pebble Beach event on CBS,

 

LA@HOU: Duke@UNC will start an hour later at 6PM on ESPN, but XFL should end before Lakers@Warriors on ABC

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Red Comet said:

 

At least we know this time they'll complete the season. 

 

Maybe.  It all depends on Vince McMahon.  Sure he has more money than the AAF, but he's also much more mentally unstable than Charlie Ebersol.  He tends to get extremely impatient, making changes at the last minute and flies off the handle at the smallest things. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, GDAWG said:

 

Maybe.  It all depends on Vince McMahon.  Sure he has more money than the AAF, but he's also much more mentally unstable than Charlie Ebersol.  He tends to get extremely impatient, making changes at the last minute and flies off the handle at the smallest things. 

 

You keep saying that but his actions don't match up with that. At all. Yeah, Vince is going to piss away half a billion dollars, TV deals with Disney and Fox, a new company and a second attempt to run a football league before the season ends after two years of preparation. Uh huh, makes total sense to me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Red Comet said:

 

You keep saying that but his actions don't match up with that. At all. Yeah, Vince is going to piss away half a billion dollars, TV deals with Disney and Fox, a new company and a second attempt to run a football league before the season ends after two years of preparation. Uh huh, makes total sense to me.

 

With the XFL, he doesn't interfere and when he doesn't it does well.  We'll see though. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is the same guy who wanted a 2nd season of the original XFL. We get at least 2 seasons out of this iteration as long as Vince is still alive. If only to sate his ego.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The other issue I have is the schedule.  Why not start after March Madness?  This way it gives football fans 6 weeks off after a long NFL season to possibly watch football again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, GDAWG said:

The other issue I have is the schedule.  Why not start after March Madness?  This way it gives football fans 6 weeks off after a long NFL season to possibly watch football again.

Is the inventory there from TV six weeks later?

 

Plus, say you started the second weekend in April, when would you ask for full payment of your tickets?  The closer you get to Thanksgiving, and especially Christmas/Hanukkah, the less likely you will have advanced sales and potential ticket buyers will be six weeks in deeper debt.  In fact, XFL is nearly making sales public to the date which AAF did last year. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.