XFL 2020 Season

ozzyman314

1 hour ago, mr.negative15 said:

I know you are kidding but with the Universal championship and the "WWE Universe" and "NXT universe"...ect, ect. 

I wouldn't be surprised at all if that ends up being the name. 

I thought the same thing.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, GDAWG said:

So this will be another one of those football leagues that will put a team in Birmingham?

It's a law.  Upstart leagues are required to have a team in Birmingham.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

4 minutes ago, leopard88 said:

It's a law.  Upstart leagues are required to have a team in Birmingham.

Also Memphis and San Antonio too.  Las Vegas used to be but since they will be getting an NFL team very soon, they are out of the list of "cities in which non-NFL Football leagues must have when they start."

Did xfl have a draft? I bet Vince could put on the most entertaining draft ever. 

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

• 2 weeks later...

I didn't mind XFL V1, but I think if the point of V2 is to force players to stand for the national anthem and get concussed on every play, I'll be rooting for its abject failure. The McMahons deserve a big loss.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

31 minutes ago, DG_Now said:

I didn't mind XFL V1, but I think if the point of V2 is to force players to stand for the national anthem and get concussed on every play, I'll be rooting for its abject failure. The McMahons deserve a big loss.

Since this would be actual controversy instead of pretending to sneak into the cheerleaders' locker room I think McMahon is fine with players protesting while the announcers rip them for doing it. They actually tried to add extra protection by increasing the bubble around the punt returners. The one thing they'll need to toss though is the opening scrum for the ball. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

If that's indeed the logo, it looks rather dated.

Interesting that they're going with a red/white/blue color scheme. Really hope that's not a sign that they're going to try to position themselves as the 'patriotic alternative' to the NFL.

My advice, make it as normal as football as football can be. No gimmicks. 

If you want to be the a-hole....then sign high school players after graduation, and pay for their college education for the off-season. 

iq5b7nF.png

CBS Sports is reporting a 2020 launch, which suggests Vince learned from his mistake of only having a one-year run-up last time. Taking the money out of the publicly-traded WWE and spinning off his own company where he can lose his own money on it is another lesson learned. I doubt Vince has learned much of anything else from how he screwed it up last time, though, given the 35 years of evidence we have on that. Ideally, the football project takes his time away from wrestling, which would be good news for WWE fans. Most likely, I see this being quietly abandoned before March of 2020 rolls around.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

If it were up to me, in an eight team league, think I'd go with:

• Orlando
  • Memphis
  • NY/NJ
  • Toronto
  • Milwaukee
  • San Antonio
  • Portland
  • San Diego

Very little head-to-head with the NFL, and takes six fairly strong football markets with two that aren't historically good football markets, but have growth potential (Portland and Toronto).

3 minutes ago, kroywen said:

If it were up to me, in an eight team league, think I'd go with:

• Orlando
  • Memphis
  • NY/NJ
  • Toronto
  • Milwaukee
  • San Antonio
  • Portland
  • San Diego

Very little head-to-head with the NFL, and takes six fairly strong football markets with two that aren't historically good football markets, but have growth potential (Portland and Toronto).

The XFL would run into issues with the CFL in regards to Toronto.  Also, there is no long term stadium solution in San Diego at the moment. 

Archived