XFL 2020 Season

ozzyman314

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, GDAWG said:

The XFL would run into issues with the CFL in regards to Toronto.  Also, there is no long term stadium solution in San Diego at the moment. 

CFL would be an issue in terms of finding a place to play. A San Diego team could play in Qualcomm until if/when San Diego State builds a Mission Valley stadium, and then move there. Mission Valley would be a 40,000 seat stadium able to host MLS, so more than sufficient for the XFL.

Assuming Vince sticks with his "real grass, no domes" demands, Miller Park with the lid off. Pac Bell was great for the SF Demons. But he's not going to Milwaukee.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

23 minutes ago, kimball said:

I don't know why I am so excited for this? I just hope McMahon doesn't screw it up this go around.

Hopefully he doesn't screw it up. I think it might do better than the NFL right now. People miss the "smash mouth" football and the XFL will provide that.

spacer.png

jCMXRTJ.png.c7b9b888fd36f93c327929ec580f08dc.png

2 minutes ago, panthers_2012 said:

Hopefully he doesn't screw it up. I think it might do better than the NFL right now. People miss the "smash mouth" football and the XFL will provide that.

Time to dust off the LSAT books. ^_^

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

30 minutes ago, kroywen said:

A San Diego team could play in Qualcomm until if/when San Diego State builds a Mission Valley stadium, and then move there. Mission Valley would be a 40,000 seat stadium able to host MLS, so more than sufficient for the XFL.

The current stadium will not be open past this year unless the SD city council has a change of heart.

There will be two competing balloon measures which will further determine the future of the property.

8 minutes ago, dfwabel said:

The current stadium will not be open past this year unless the SD city council has a chance of heart.

There will be two competing balloon measures which will further determine the future of the property.

Yep.  And there's a chance that San Diego State's Football team plays at Petco as there would be no other place for them to play. 

25 minutes ago, GDAWG said:

Yep.  And there's a chance that San Diego State's Football team plays at Petco as there would be no other place for them to play. 

Yikes. In that case, forget San Diego. I'm surprised SDSU would be stuck in that situation, honestly.

Sacramento could be a decent option starting in 2020, since that will align with the Raiders moving to Vegas.

56 minutes ago, panthers_2012 said:

Lol it will never do better than the NFL, but i would definitely watch. 

A tebow vs manziel opening game would be must see tv. 

17 minutes ago, kroywen said:

Yikes. In that case, forget San Diego. I'm surprised SDSU would be stuck in that situation, honestly.

Sacramento could be a decent option starting in 2020, since that will align with the Raiders moving to Vegas.

Sorry, economically, there are NO "decent options".

10 minutes ago, dfwabel said:

Sorry, economically, there are NO "decent options".

Well, of course - the XFL is a stupid endeavor that will inevitably fail, but speaking more from a perspective of trying to give them as good a chance as is reaslitic.

Archived