XFL 2020 Season

ozzyman314

1 hour ago, Gothamite said:

What?

Why would anyone bet on a scripted soap opera?

Next thing people will bet on the ending of a Shakespeare play. I’ve got $20 on this Iago fella, he seems crafty. 

Yeah, their are currently booking odds on who wins both the men's and women's Royal Rumble matches.  Also booking odds on who wins certain matches at PPV events, largely title matches.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Gothamite said:
12 hours ago, BringBackTheVet said:

People bet on WWE matches.

What?

Why would anyone bet on a scripted soap opera?

People bet on the outcome of storylines in Game of Thrones. While this is not something that I would ever do, I have to concede that, if you don't know what's been written, then it's something you can bet on.

Anyway, that is a different thing entirely from betting on a sporting competition. And there is nothing at all absurd about someone who is following the news out of XFL training camps placing bets on the first round of games. Once the season begins, then betting on this league is just as sensible/stupid as betting on any other league. 

Betting using traditional lines and also fantasy football are logical ways to create interest in watching the XFL's games in an audience that is larger than the set of us who would be watching anyway simply out of interest in new leagues.

logo-diamonds-for-CC-no-photo-sig.png

4 hours ago, Ferdinand Cesarano said:

People bet on the outcome of storylines in Game of Thrones. While this is not something that I would ever do, I have to concede that, if you don't know what's been written, then it's something you can bet on.

And that itself is very stupid.  But at least that outcome was determined and locked down months in advance.  

Betting on an event that hasn’t yet happened, but is rigged, is incredibly ripe for abuse.  We can only hope that the wrestling organizations have enough integrity to require their employees refrain from betting on an event when they can Influence the outcome.

Anyway, that is a different thing entirely from betting on a sporting competition. And there is nothing at all absurd about someone who is following the news out of XFL training camps placing bets on the first round of games. Once the season begins, then betting on this league is just as sensible/stupid as betting on any other league.

Unless and until McMahon decides to step in and start influencing events.  Which, given the history, is not out of the realm of possibility. 

8 minutes ago, Gothamite said:

And that itself is very stupid.  But at least that outcome was determined and locked down months in advance.  

Betting on an event that hasn’t yet happened, but is rigged, is incredibly ripe for abuse.  We can only hope that the wrestling organizations have enough integrity to require their employees refrain from betting on an event when they can Influence the outcome.

So much of pro wrestling journalism is heavily based on innuendo and people lying to one another, but there have been stories about finishes being rewritten due to website betting action. Carnies gonna carny.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

3 hours ago, GDAWG said:

I am expecting the WWE forcing all of their talent to promote the XFL on social media very soon. 

Did you miss the XFL commercial on FOX halftime of the Hawks-Pack game?

utahpioneerssig_by_verasthebrujah-dbt6623.png.47ea1d18a023dde3cc5da14a646e53fb.png

2 hours ago, GDAWG said:

There's only really one alternative football league that is taken seriously by many of us here:

It will still be around long after the XFL is gone, hopefully with 10 teams

Yeah, at this rate if the XFL lasts 4 full seasons, it would be an accomplishment considering the AFL is the last league aside from the NFL and CFL to last more than 3 full seasons.

1 hour ago, Red Comet said:

Yeah, at this rate if the XFL lasts 4 full seasons, it would be an accomplishment considering the AFL is the last league aside from the NFL and CFL to last more than 3 full seasons.

If the XFL lasts as long as the USFL did, the CFL should have ten teams already playing by then.  While I don't think the XFL will last as long as the USFL did, I do think that there will be a 10th CFL team within 5 years.  It would be really neat to have the CFL be a coast-to-coast league, stretching from Halifax to Vancouver.

On 1/12/2020 at 10:36 PM, GDAWG said:

Probably not.  I am probably going to expect the same commercial during the National Championship game tomorrow since ESPN is an XFL TV partner.

You mad cause the AAF closed shop

utahpioneerssig_by_verasthebrujah-dbt6623.png.47ea1d18a023dde3cc5da14a646e53fb.png

3 minutes ago, GDAWG said:

It was okay football.  Not great.  It's like Division II or D3 Football. 

The AAF was more like glorified minor league football. Kinda reminds me of the WLAF but limited to America. Honestly was better then D3 football but that's it.

My Alternative History Sports Stories:

CFL-USA - A Different Telling/StL Americans TL

3 hours ago, Matthew24 said:

The AAF was more like glorified minor league football. Kinda reminds me of the WLAF but limited to America. Honestly was better then D3 football but that's it.

That will be the ceiling for the XFL. 

Archived