XFL 2020 Season

ozzyman314

22 minutes ago, MJWalker45 said:

Are they trying to fix up Oakland Coliseum only for the A's or are they still fighting over a new stadium?

Nothing yet. The A's first choice of a new site, which was in-between downtown and the Coliseum complex, was rejected by a community college district which owns the land.

The Port of Oakland is in negotiations with the Athletic's currently on a 60 acre site. The team still has offered the city and county $135M for the Coliseum site.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/09/01/xfl-sends-up-first-salvo-in-looming-aaf-feud/

The email opens with Luck explaining that he wants to make agents “aware of a number of issues related to spring football that may inhibit your client’s freedom in choosing to join our league when we launch in 2020.”  As to the issue of player contracts, Luck says this: “Competitive leagues appear to be offering multi-year contracts that may have restrictions and or non-compete clauses that could severely limit your client’s’ ability to play for other leagues, including the XFL.”

While Luck doesn’t mention any “competitive leagues” by name, it’s clear that he’s talking about the one that starts playing games in February, the AAF

My

Luck also touts the XFL’s marketing and intellectual property arrangements, explaining that the XFL will establish a Group Licensing Agreement for players, and warning that “[o]ther spring leagues may feature restrictive licensing agreements that limit your clients’ likeness rights and distribution; impose restrictions that may inhibit your clients’ licensing rights; and restrict their ability to participate in other licensing agreements, including the XFL GLA.”

• 2 months later...
14 minutes ago, Dilbert said:

The XFL will reveal its host cities and venues for 2020 on December 5th. St Louis appears to be one of them.

Hope they completely stay out of the AAF cities and pick more northern based cities. 

6on7h5.jpg

THE Xtreme Fantasy Football League

36 minutes ago, BengalErnst said:

Hope they completely stay out of the AAF cities and pick more northern based cities. 

It's kind of funny that XFL may focus on traditional WWF territories while the AAF former NWA ones.

Sunday Afternoon Wars.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

1 hour ago, Dilbert said:

The XFL will reveal its host cities and venues for 2020 on December 5th. St Louis appears to be one of them.

The press conference will be at MetLife Stadium. So it looks like New York/New Jersey will be getting a team again. 

I suspect the XFL will pass on Milwaukee due to lack of a viable football stadium.  The nearest large football stadiums are several hours away in Green Bay and Madison.  That's probably a no go for the XFL and alternative leagues too from here on out.  I could see the XFL going into a few NFL markets that have extra stadiums, like Houston (BBVA Compass, TDECU Stadium, Rice Stadium) or Los Angeles again (Rose Bowl) or the Bay Area.  The AAF is doing that with Arizona and Atlanta so the XFL could add 2 or 3 NFL markets.

45 minutes ago, Wings said:

The press conference will be at MetLife Stadium. So it looks like New York/New Jersey will be getting a team again. 

I'd expect New York and LA to get squads, though I wonder if they'll be able to use StubHub or Bank of California stadiums rather than the larger Rose Bowl and Coliseum. With St. Louis on board, is there a city that would pair up well as a rival other than Kansas City? Maybe Chicago or Memphis?

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

3 hours ago, GDAWG said:

I suspect the XFL will pass on Milwaukee due to lack of stadium.  The nearest large stadiums are several hours away in Green Bay and Madison.  That's probably a no go for the XFL and alternative leagues too from here on out.  I could see the XFL going into a few NFL markets that have extra stadiums, like Houston (BBVA Compass, TDECU Stadium, Rice Stadium) or Los Angeles again (Rose Bowl) or the Bay Area.  The AAF is doing that with Arizona and Atlanta so the XFL could add 2 or 3 NFL markets.

Rose Bowl is a non-starter.  There is a hard cap of event dates at the Rose Bowl which is 15.  

There is a three day summer music festival booked for the next nine years*, the Gold Cup, El Tri matches, six or seven UCLA home games and any general large concerts, so there is no room for four to six XFL games.  Plus, the Rose Bowl Operating Corp. really doesn't want to be bothered with much of anything that brings in less than 30K folks and the NFLPA all star game in January is why.

*-AEG can get out of the contract after 2020.

6 minutes ago, MJWalker45 said:

I'd expect New York and LA to get squads, though I wonder if they'll be able to use StubHub or Bank of California stadiums rather than the larger Rose Bowl and Coliseum. With St. Louis on board, is there a city that would pair up well as a rival other than Kansas City? Maybe Chicago or Memphis?

LA might be able to use StubHub when the league kicks off if the new stadium is only months away from opening by then. 

2 minutes ago, GDAWG said:

LA might be able to use StubHub when the league kicks off if the new stadium is only months away from opening by then. 

I think the big thing is seeing if they can use LAFC's stadium as it's in downtown. But StubHub would be the backup. There's no reason to play in the Coliseum or Rose Bowl and dealing with that many empty seats from the start. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

7 minutes ago, MJWalker45 said:

I think the big thing is seeing if they can use LAFC's stadium as it's in downtown. But StubHub would be the backup. There's no reason to play in the Coliseum or Rose Bowl and dealing with that many empty seats from the start. 

Does Los Angeles FC want football to be played at their stadium though? 

As for St. Louis, the only viable option\s for a geographic rival are Columbus and Chicago.  Milwaukee is out and I would think Detroit, Indie and Minnesota are long shots.

New York will probably play at Met Life, but I would think Yankee Stadium is a back up option. 

Just now, GDAWG said:

As for St. Louis, the only viable option\s for a geographic rival are Columbus and Chicago.  Milwaukee is out and I would think Detroit, Indie and Minnesota are long shots.

With MLS starting in February next year and most likely through 2021, probably not. But the field has more risk of damage from concerts than from football, as shown in Mexico City this year and at Columbus Crew Stadium and Jacobs Field in the past. I could see Mapfre (Columbus) being used for a team since Haslem will want to see how the locals react to "minor league football" before building a training center and training camp for the Browns in the area.  He may not have a hand in the XFL but he'll still need to see what they're doing. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

1 hour ago, GDAWG said:

New York will probably play at Met Life, but I would think Yankee Stadium is a back up option. 

I think you left out Louisville as an option for a geographic rival to St. Louis

YOZXkBG.png?1

2 hours ago, GDAWG said:

An 80,000 seat stadium?  Ugh.  Even Yankee Stadium’s 55K seems ludicrously high.  The Cyclones’ park in Brooklyn would be more realistic to start. 

Archived