XFL 2020 Season

ozzyman314

No fare catches is irresponsible. 

I haven’t heard waggle since I played HS back in the 90s. It needs to come back. 

Maybe no clock stoppages for incomplete passes - you need to run your ass back to the huddle for the next play. Also fewer substitutions. 

Maybe lose one lineman and one skill player, so you can use any combo as long as there’s 4 minimum at the line of scrimmage. So you’d almost always have a tight end on the line. 

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
47 minutes ago, BringBackTheVet said:

No fare catches is irresponsible. 

I haven’t heard waggle since I played HS back in the 90s. It needs to come back. 

Maybe no clock stoppages for incomplete passes - you need to run your ass back to the huddle for the next play. Also fewer substitutions. 

Maybe lose one lineman and one skill player, so you can use any combo as long as there’s 4 minimum at the line of scrimmage. So you’d almost always have a tight end on the line. 

They had this rule in 2001 but expanded the catch halo to a 5 yard cushion that forced defenders to slow up on their angles. It didn't seem to really give too much advantage though. And when people saw they couldn't just light up the punt returner they were turned off. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

6 hours ago, Chawls said:

I’m surprised New Orleans didn’t get a team. 

Other than the stadium on Tulane's campus there isn't a stadium that makes too much sense for them. The Superdome would look pretty empty with under 30,000 people.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

My issue with the XFL in Dallas is that.....if Dallas is such a great alternative football league market as the XFL has said, why hasn't their ever been a Dallas team in any of those leagues?  Why was there no Dallas WFL team?  Or even a Dallas team in the USFL?  Houston had a team in both leagues, but not Dallas.  Another issue I have is that there is no way that XFL Dallas will have any media coverage or if they do, they will be treated like a joke.  FC Dallas has been around since 1995 and they hardly get any media coverage at all, otherwise, they would have gotten the same type of coverage as the Rangers, Mavericks and Stars but they don't.  XFL Dallas will be lucky if they get the same coverage as FC Dallas. 

22 minutes ago, neo_prankster said:

So basically, Dallas's XFL team will be the first to fold or relocate should they actually play?

Probably fold when the league folds.  They will be lucky to get 30 seconds of screen time in the local media.  When the Cowboys are not playing, the local media sports wise is focused on Rangers, Stars and Mavericks with College Basketball and high school sports.  They will cover the WNBA's Dallas Wings sometimes but only on a slow day.

50 minutes ago, neo_prankster said:

Also, with the XFL focusing on NFL cities, I wouldn't be surprised if those markets stuck with the NFL as far as media coverage goes.

Vinnie Mac...I dunno what to tell you, bub.

I wonder how Vinnie is going to react when the league fails again. 

1 hour ago, neo_prankster said:

Also, with the XFL focusing on NFL cities, I wouldn't be surprised if those markets stuck with the NFL as far as media coverage goes.

Vinnie Mac...I dunno what to tell you, bub.

Just a thought to consider, just to play devil's advocate, isn't that the point?

I mean the XFL season starts the week after the Super Bowl and they mentioned a number of times in the press conference that their research says people still want football after the Super Bowl (I'd like to see how they came to that but I digress).

Based on that logic; wouldn't it make sense to go to markets who clearly will support the sport? 

**disclaimer before I get a bunch of responses saying "you idiot". I'm not saying this is MY logic, I'm saying this is the XFL's logic.

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

44 minutes ago, neo_prankster said:
1 hour ago, GDAWG said:

I wonder how Vinnie is going to react when the league fails again. 

Weird formatting here, but I'm trying to reply to GDAWG.

Vince has entered only fail upwards territory. He'll be fine.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

41 minutes ago, mr.negative15 said:

Just a thought to consider, just to play devil's advocate, isn't that the point?

I mean the XFL season starts the week after the Super Bowl and they mentioned a number of times in the press conference that their research says people still want football after the Super Bowl (I'd like to see how they came to that but I digress).

Based on that logic; wouldn't it make sense to go to markets who clearly will support the sport? 

**disclaimer before I get a bunch of responses saying "you idiot". I'm not saying this is MY logic, I'm saying this is the XFL's logic.

This has been the justification used for just about every spring football league ever formed, yet I've never seen an iota of data to back it up.

Personally, I'm relieved when football is over after the Super Bowl. I look forward to the break from it. 

6 minutes ago, gosioux76 said:

This has been the justification used for just about every spring football league ever formed, yet I've never seen an iota of data to back it up.

Personally, I'm relieved when football is over after the Super Bowl. I look forward to the break from it. 

A fair point, but those leagues tend to to go cities that the NFL isn't in.

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

2 hours ago, mr.negative15 said:

Just a point of correction.  The AAF plans to start one week after the Super Bowl and finish in April.  The XFL will play a May to July schedule.  That is one reason the AAF is only in warm weather or mild winter cities while the XFL has NY and DC.  

AAF likes to cite stats that say that a solid 25% or more of NFL fans do not watch other sports in Spring or summer.  Thhey also cite that a huge percentage of fantasy football players do not play another fantasy sport.  They want to focus on those “football or nothing” fans.  

I am am pretty much one of those.  I will watch CFL and watched FL Europe and the USFL when they were around.  I just cannot get into NBA, NHL or MLB.  My only other sport is MLS or EPL soccer.  

33 minutes ago, WideRight said:

Just a point of correction.  The AAF plans to start one week after the Super Bowl and finish in April.  The XFL will play a May to July schedule.  That is one reason the AAF is only in warm weather or mild winter cities while the XFL has NY and DC.  

AAF likes to cite stats that say that a solid 25% or more of NFL fans do not watch other sports in Spring or summer.  Thhey also cite that a huge percentage of fantasy football players do not play another fantasy sport.  They want to focus on those “football or nothing” fans.  

I am am pretty much one of those.  I will watch CFL and watched FL Europe and the USFL when they were around.  I just cannot get into NBA, NHL or MLB.  My only other sport is MLS or EPL soccer.  

Incorrect. During the press conference today, Vince gave February 8-9, 2020 as the start of the season.  They're playing alongside AAF, if AAF lives to a season two.

Archived