XFL 2020 Season

ozzyman314

1 hour ago, nash61 said:

I'm thrilled by this announcement. It seems that lately, everything the Rock touches turns to gold. At this point, they've got a year to allow the virus to settle down and to make sure that they do it right this time.

I've been saying for years that one of the American political parties (guess which one) should do whatever it took to get him to run for POTUS in 2020.  Nobody doesn't like the Rock, and even his past homophobic quips and simulated violence against women couldn't hold him back.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, BringBackTheVet said:

I've been saying for years that one of the American political parties (guess which one) should do whatever it took to get him to run for POTUS in 2020.  Nobody doesn't like the Rock, and even his past homophobic quips and simulated violence against women couldn't hold him back.

The early 2000's was a different time. I hate saying that, but it was TWENTY YEARS AGO. I'm dying. Because of the passage of time I mean. I feel my life leaving my body.

4 minutes ago, Cujo said:

Truth.

Not a big "movie guy" -- but has Rock even had a major box office flop?

Rampage, San Andreas, Skyscraper were probably his biggest gaffes, but even those at least doubled their budget. The man cannot lose.

8 minutes ago, Cujo said:

Truth.

Fast and Furious turned from dumb and boring to dumb and amazing when he came on.

8 minutes ago, DNAsports said:

Rampage, San Andreas, Skyscraper were probably his biggest gaffes, but even those at least doubled their budget. The man cannot lose.

The Rock is a huge movie star, no doubt. His TV success -- which is most similar to XFL -- is a little more mixed. The Hero debuted in June 2013 and was canceled that August. Wake Up Call launched in December 2014 and was done in January 2015.

I was shocked to see The Titan Games get picked up for a second season; I don't watch it and haven't heard anything about it.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

22 minutes ago, Cujo said:

Truth.

The guy managed to take the "The Tooth Fairy", and make it turn a $64-million profit.

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

9 hours ago, GDAWG said:

Well, usually if a husband and wife get a divorce, they don't usually get along as great as they have, especially celebrity couples.  That's what I was talking about.  The fact that they get along great even after divorce is rare in Hollywood these days.  

She actually started as his agent/manager AFTER they divorced.

GoldenPanthers.png
RiverHawks.png

26 minutes ago, DG_ThenNowForever said:

The Rock is a huge movie star, no doubt. His TV success -- which is most similar to XFL -- is a little more mixed. The Hero debuted in June 2013 and was canceled that August. Wake Up Call launched in December 2014 and was done in January 2015.

I was shocked to see The Titan Games get picked up for a second season; I don't watch it and haven't heard anything about it.

This is the first time I have heard of everything you just said.

54 minutes ago, DG_ThenNowForever said:

I've been watching it all season. It's pretty decent. The Titans were pre-picked this year and contestants fought to take on the Titans on Mount Olympus. Joe Thomas was the only one to make it to the regional finals as a Titan, the rest had to try to beat the people who beat them and became the Titans. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

On 8/3/2020 at 9:23 PM, DNAsports said:

Which means they lost money.  You have to remember that budgets don't count promotion, prints, and related costs, so the actual dollar amount spent to make a film is closer to 3x what you see listed as its "budget". 

Which means that:

On 8/3/2020 at 9:36 PM, nash61 said:

The guy managed to take the "The Tooth Fairy", and make it turn a $64-million profit.

If anything, it lost money.   Maybe it came close to breaking even.  Because the actual production costs were not $48 million.

Not saying anything about the quality of the films (gods know that quality and profit are barely on speaking terms), but as far as accounting goes he's had some huge hits and some real stinkers.

6 hours ago, CaliforniaGlowin said:

Hopefully they can add some old AAF teams, especially the Iron.  But they'd have to tweak the branding to not conflict with NY.

How does the Birmingham Iron conflict with the New York Guardians?  (Maybe they'll fight over the mighty Luis Perez!)

Anyway, I'd love to see the San Antonio Commanders enter the XFL.

logo-diamonds-for-CC-no-photo-sig.png

16 hours ago, Ferdinand Cesarano said:

How does the Birmingham Iron conflict with the New York Guardians?  (Maybe they'll fight over the mighty Luis Perez!)

Aren't both teams black and grey?  Guardians also have red, but in a small league that seems too similar.

Move LA To SD and bring back the Fleet!  LA doesn't need another football team.

spacer.png

Last updated 2/26

On 8/5/2020 at 1:27 PM, Gothamite said:

Who owns the AAF teams?

On 8/5/2020 at 2:40 PM, DNAsports said:

Wasn’t/isn’t it Bill Polian?

On 8/5/2020 at 8:43 PM, MJWalker45 said:

The MLF. 

MLF bought the equipment from Jerry Kurz, who initially bought it at the bankruptcy auction.

But I don't see who bought the intellectual property, which does not appear to have been part of that sale.  It's not mentioned among the MLF's assets in their EDGAR filings, so they don't own it.

34 minutes ago, Gothamite said:

MLF bought the equipment from Jerry Kurz, who initially bought it at the bankruptcy auction.

But I don't see who bought the intellectual property, which does not appear to have been part of that sale.  It's not mentioned among the MLF's assets in their EDGAR filings, so they don't own it.

So is it still with Ebersol or Polian? As much fun as it would be to see better looking identities come back, I think they should either keep the XFL teams they have or change them out for something else.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Archived