XFL 2020 Season

ozzyman314

Next week. The league will be lucky to draw 50,000 total. And that would have to be considered a success. Just like week 4 drawing 70K 

It sucks LA and NY can’t relocate because of TV contract politics. 

In a perfect world though  my relocation for next season would look like this:

NY to Columbus 

LA to SD

Dallas to San Antonio 

Tampa Bay to Orlando 

utahpioneerssig_by_verasthebrujah-dbt6623.png.47ea1d18a023dde3cc5da14a646e53fb.png

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 hours ago, sohiosportsfreak said:

Mapfre would be perfect. Of course if that happens it would only make sense for the team to have yellow in their paint scheme.

Columbus Generals has a nice ring to it. Goes well with the Blue Jackets and instead of the Zouave look, they could do the Union Calvary look.

I like the sound of Columbus Cavalry.

PvO6ZWJ.png

On 2/29/2020 at 6:38 PM, mkg74 said:

27527 in St Louis today. 

And now two away games before coming home to play LA. Have my tickets already. I wouldn't be surprised if BattleHawks get another sell out for this one.

MZnWkGU.png

StL Cardinals - Indy Colts - Indiana Pacers - Let's Go Blues! - Missouri State Bears - IU Hoosiers - St Louis City SC

8 hours ago, mkg74 said:

Next week. The league will be lucky to draw 50,000 total. And that would have to be considered a success. Just like week 4 drawing 70K 

NY to Columbus 

LA to SD

Dallas to San Antonio 

Tampa Bay to Orlando 

On reddit I mentioned how Orlando could be a perfect match for them. With the ESPN affiliation they could set up a smaller temp stadium type thing at the ESPN Wide World of Sports thing and get people to go just because its at Disney World. 

San Antonio can work if they get St Louis and Seattle type crowds to go to the Alamodome. 

9 hours ago, mkg74 said:

NY to Columbus 

LA to SD

Dallas to San Antonio 

Tampa Bay to Orlando 

I think Houston and Dallas will do well attendance wise.  DC will be interesting now that they have lost two straight.  LA I expect a decline.  They had 17,000 their first game, second game had 12,000.  

7 hours ago, kmccarthy27 said:

On reddit I mentioned how Orlando could be a perfect match for them. With the ESPN affiliation they could set up a smaller temp stadium type thing at the ESPN Wide World of Sports thing and get people to go just because its at Disney World. 

San Antonio can work if they get St Louis and Seattle type crowds to go to the Alamodome. 

I think good attendance would be automatic in SA. 

utahpioneerssig_by_verasthebrujah-dbt6623.png.47ea1d18a023dde3cc5da14a646e53fb.png

5 hours ago, GDAWG said:

I think Houston and Dallas will do well attendance wise.  DC will be interesting now that they have lost two straight.  LA I expect a decline.  They had 17,000 their first game, second game had 12,000.  

Houston 18.5K(i would expect better in Hou, but this is thinking the worst hoping the best...that goes for the following too)

Dallas 12 K

DC 12K

LA 10K

in and around 50K maybe slightly above, hopefully not below

15 hours ago, mkg74 said:

NY to Columbus 

LA to SD

Dallas to San Antonio 

Tampa Bay to Orlando 

San Diego would have been a perfect place for an XFL team. Such a team might have received a welcome as warm as St. Louis's team has gotten.

This might also be a rationale for the league to put an expansion team in Oakland. The Oakland Demons, with the logo and uniforms of the original XFL's San Francisco Demons, could be a big hit.

San Antonio would also be a great expansion location. And it is another case in which the XFL would do well to revive an earlier team's identity. A return of the Commanders would probably be greeted very enthusiastically.

Tampa Bay gave good support to the USFL's Bandits and to the Arena Football League's Storm. So perhaps the attendance for the Vipers will turn around once the early-season bad buzz wears off. Though that team will never fill that stadium — just as the Guardians will never fill the huge Meadowlands stadium.

The Guardians don't need to leave the New York area. Rather, McMahon needs to spend his money more wisely. Instead of paying for the use of the Meadowlands stadium (in effect, paying for bad publicity), he should direct some of that big money towards one of the local colleges, as discussed in earlier pages.

Or else just overwhelm Red Bull with a gigantic offer that will force them to alter their policy of not allowing American football in Red Bull Arena. Everyone has his or her price.

logo-diamonds-for-CC-no-photo-sig.png

34 minutes ago, Ferdinand Cesarano said:

San Diego would have been a perfect place for an XFL team. Such a team might have received a welcome as warm as St. Louis's team has gotten.

This might also be a rationale for the league to put an expansion team in Oakland. The Oakland Demons, with the logo and uniforms of the original XFL's San Francisco Demons, could be a big hit.

San Antonio would also be a great expansion location. And it is another case in which the XFL would do well to revive an earlier team's identity. A return of the Commanders would probably be greeted very enthusiastically.

Tampa Bay gave good support to the USFL's Bandits and to the Arena Football League's Storm. So perhaps the attendance for the Vipers will turn around once the early-season bad buzz wears off. Though that team will never fill that stadium — just as the Guardians will never fill the huge Meadowlands stadium.

The Guardians don't need to leave the New York area. Rather, McMahon needs to spend his money more wisely. Instead of paying for the use of the Meadowlands stadium (in effect, paying for bad publicity), he should direct some of that big money towards one of the local colleges, as discussed in earlier pages.

Or else just overwhelm Red Bull with a gigantic offer that will force them to alter their policy of not allowing American football in Red Bull Arena. Everyone has his or her price.

Oakland would have no place to play and reportedly they turned down the XFL initially.  

1 hour ago, Ferdinand Cesarano said:

The Oakland Demons, with the logo and uniforms of the original XFL's San Francisco Demons, could be a big hit.

The XFL 2.0 put teams in LA and New York, two locales that had XFL 1.0 teams. The Xtreme and Hitmen identities were not revived. I don't think the new XFL has any interest in reviving the identities of old XFL teams.

13 hours ago, mkg74 said:

Houston 18.5K(i would expect better in Hou, but this is thinking the worst hoping the best...that goes for the following too)

Dallas 12 K

DC 12K

LA 10K

in and around 50K maybe slightly above, hopefully not below

Rodeo is in town at Houston.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

On 3/1/2020 at 10:07 AM, sohiosportsfreak said:

I wonder how Detroit would do at Ford Field? Would be cool to see a team there called the Spartans. Pay homage to the Portsmouth Spartans who became the Lions.

Doubtful, wouldnt want to alienate University of Michigan fans by naming the team the same as Michigan State.

On 3/2/2020 at 10:13 AM, kmccarthy27 said:

Orlando would likely play in Camping World, but if MLS stadiums are in play the perfect venue would be the Orlando City soccer stadium.

Archived