XFL 2020 Season

ozzyman314

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Sykotyk said:

With TV production, scheduling, flights, etc, I can't imagine the game is just canceled or moved. A closed stadium seems most plausible. 

A league like MLS can probably do that.  Can the XFL be able to do that though?

8 hours ago, GDAWG said:

With northern California limiting group events, is it possible LA follows through as well? Coachella isn't that far away from LA County.

11 hours ago, Sykotyk said:

With TV production, scheduling, flights, etc, I can't imagine the game is just canceled or moved. A closed stadium seems most plausible. 

I think the closed stadium is most likely as Washington state capped things at 250 people. does that mean 250 spectators? If so you'll see the amount of cameras reduced and bare bones staffing, IF they get the go ahead to play there instead of moving the game to LA. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Lol I contacted SeatGeek looking for a refund. They told me that until they get official word from the venue they can't do anything. In the meantime, they suggested I resell the tickets (that no one can use) on a different platform! Truly we're in the worst of times.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

17 minutes ago, DG_ThenNowForever said:

Lol I contacted SeatGeek looking for a refund. They told me that until they get official word from the venue they can't do anything. In the meantime, they suggested I resell the tickets (that no one can use) on a different platform! Truly we're in the worst of times.

heard on ESPN this morning that Corona Virus could affect the upcoming NFL season......that's how long this could last.  I would think that if it lasts that long, the NFL will have a plan in place by the time training camps start.  I would hope that whatever plans the NFL has will get the support of the entire NFLPA, because it would look really bad if Richard Sherman, JJ Watt, Aaron Rodgers and Russell Wilson complain about the NFL's plans to combat corona virus if it comes to that (and I don't see that happening).

The Mariners are coming up with contingency plans for their first 2 home series, including switching a series with the Texas Rangers, who they play to start the season.  There is also the matter of the WNBA.  They won't start their season until May, but if this doesn't subside by next month, the WNBA will have to figure out a plan moving forward.  

Just got this in email from the Dragons:

Based on the proclamation issued today by Washington Governor Jay Inslee, the XFL Seattle Dragons will host the LA Wildcats this Sunday, as scheduled. The game will take place at 4 pm PT at CenturyLink Field without fans in the venue. The game will be broadcast live, also as scheduled, on ESPN2.
- Jeffrey Pollack, XFL President & COO

You will receive a refund for your tickets to the Sunday, March 15th Wildcats vs. Dragons game. Refunds will also be issued for the Sunday, March 22nd Guardians vs. Dragons game at CenturyLink Field.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

So, clearly with football leagues like this, ticket revenue is much more important to its sustainability than it is for the established leagues. If the NFL had to keep people out of a stadium or two it would have zero problem still making a profit. The XFL is in a very different boat - ticket sales are imperative.

However, if what we've basically heard/assumed is true (that McMahon is willing to burn money on this 'cause he has plenty of it), Seattle issuing refunds to anybody who had tickets not only is the logical/decent thing to do, it's savvy. If this league is going to last, I can't think of any better way to generate goodwill with a community and fan base than to treat them with decency and respect. A more money hungry league could have just shrugged their shoulders and said "did you get the Ticketmaster ticket insurance? If not, tough luck." This is the right move.

MZnWkGU.png

StL Cardinals - Indy Colts - Indiana Pacers - Let's Go Blues! - Missouri State Bears - IU Hoosiers - St Louis City SC

11 minutes ago, Maroon said:

So, clearly with football leagues like this, ticket revenue is much more important to its sustainability than it is for the established leagues. If the NFL had to keep people out of a stadium or two it would have zero problem still making a profit. The XFL is in a very different boat - ticket sales are imperative.

However, if what we've basically heard/assumed is true (that McMahon is willing to burn money on this 'cause he has plenty of it), Seattle issuing refunds to anybody who had tickets not only is the logical/decent thing to do, it's savvy. If this league is going to last, I can't think of any better way to generate goodwill with a community and fan base than to treat them with decency and respect. A more money hungry league could have just shrugged their shoulders and said "did you get the Ticketmaster ticket insurance? If not, tough luck." This is the right move.

I think he learned from how the AAF imploded so slowly, starting in Week 2 until Week 8. Like I said before, they'll probably whittle down the TV crews and try to use angles that avoid the stands, maybe even when coming back from break you'll see the camera focised on whoever made teh last play or which QB or head coach is getting ready to take over the ball. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

For all the things that can be said about Vince McMahon, its undeniable that he's a savvy businessman. Maybe not entirely of late, but the man did turn a regional wrestling circuit into a global empire and last time I checked, its kind of hard to do that if you're a dumbass.

3 hours ago, Red Comet said:

For all the things that can be said about Vince McMahon, its undeniable that he's a savvy businessman. Maybe not entirely of late, but the man did turn a regional wrestling circuit into a global empire and last time I checked, its kind of hard to do that if you're a dumbass.

He also watched his stock plummet more than 60% within a matter of days, That being said, yeah - when it comes to straight-up business dealings, it's hard to question him... unless said dealings are with known terrorists.  

However, being a good businessman, I would assume the league's insurance covers stuff like this.  I'm not sure if this would fall into the 'act of god' category, but the decision was taken away from them by a city ordinence, so that might be good enough.

And that's why the cities need to take the lead on this and not rely on the leagues to - the leagues might need the cities to make the decision so that they can cash in the insurance policy.  If the leagues just do it themselves, they might really be out the $$$ (Which shouldn't matter, but we all know it does.)

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

5 hours ago, MJWalker45 said:

I think he learned from how the AAF imploded so slowly, starting in Week 2 until Week 8. Like I said before, they'll probably whittle down the TV crews and try to use angles that avoid the stands, maybe even when coming back from break you'll see the camera focised on whoever made teh last play or which QB or head coach is getting ready to take over the ball. 

So in other words, we're getting AAF Ball.....

utahpioneerssig_by_verasthebrujah-dbt6623.png.47ea1d18a023dde3cc5da14a646e53fb.png

Archived