Jump to content

XFL 2020 Season


ozzyman314
 Share

Recommended Posts

On 3/14/2020 at 11:09 PM, AustinFromBoston said:

Surpised San Diego isn't in the running. 

 

Really thought that would be the first expansion term. 

I feel like venue uncertainty is an issue there.  If anything, LA might relocate there.  I could also see the Vipers go to Orlando.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

RE: these Twitter folk with "XFL" in their handles

 

They aren't verified. Are any of them actually connected to the league? I know I could check out each feed individually, but I'm guessing some of you here already know the answer - so pre-emptive thanks for indulging in my laziness 🙂

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm unsure if relocation is smart. The reaction seems to be that people will miss the league, so it's probably best to return with all the teams in their locales. A few teams should consider other stadiums in their markets but overall? Relocation probably won't be smart from a PR perspective after one cancelled half-season. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Expansion should only occur after they finish a season. I know that it took an Act of God

more accurately, Inaction by the Communist Party of China until it was too late to cover up but I digress

to cancel the season but still. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, IceCap said:

I'm unsure if relocation is smart. The reaction seems to be that people will miss the league, so it's probably best to return with all the teams in their locales. A few teams should consider other stadiums in their markets but overall? Relocation probably won't be smart from a PR perspective after one cancelled half-season. 

If TV is one day going to be a big factor in their success, I can't see them giving up on the LA market. It's why Atlanta and Chicago are the rumored markets being looked at.

 

And Chicago has Bridgeview sitting essentially open right now. And GSU is a decent city option the Legends had used and just hosted the state finals in Georgia this past year. 

 

 

Adding a San Diego team may work in the future though. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 3/13/2020 at 10:20 AM, Maroon said:

Obviously disappointed that I won't get to use my March 21 BattleHawks tickets, but much less disappointed than I would be to see it result in people contracting a disease and dying.

I also bought tickets to what would've been today's game. Bought three right after they announced the upper bowl would open, hoping to see if my sons would find football more engaging than they do baseball. It's a bummer, but a necessary bummer. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Indeed, news about XFL players signing in the NFL only needs to be posted once. Let's keep those NFL signings to the NFL thread. If anything specific to the XFL happens — e.g. players signing with XFL teams, coaching/front office changes, or even teams relocating — it can be posted in this thread.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, officeglenn said:

Indeed, news about XFL players signing in the NFL only needs to be posted once. Let's keep those NFL signings to the NFL thread. If anything specific to the XFL happens — e.g. players signing with XFL teams, coaching/front office changes, or even teams relocating — it can be posted in this thread.

 

Here's an important update for everyone!

 

SeatGeek finally responded to my refund request for the 3/15 game I couldn't go to: $115 cash refund or $134 credit. I still haven't decided which way to go!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, DG_ThenNowForever said:

 

Here's an important update for everyone!

 

SeatGeek finally responded to my refund request for the 3/15 game I couldn't go to: $115 cash refund or $134 credit. I still haven't decided which way to go!

 

Depends. Are you planning on using SeatGeek in the future when its safe to go to events again? Do you need $115 right now (more a week due to how refunds work)? 

 

Those are the questions I'd be asking.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

54 minutes ago, Maroon said:

Ta'amu of the Battlehawks has signed with the Chiefs. Clearly Mahomes and Henne will be ahead of him on the depth chart, but if the NFL comes calling you answer.

 

On 3/23/2020 at 12:15 PM, BringBackTheVet said:

I think the update only needs to be in one thread.  This one should probably be left to fade away since it's for 2020.

 

23 hours ago, officeglenn said:

Indeed, news about XFL players signing in the NFL only needs to be posted once. Let's keep those NFL signings to the NFL thread. If anything specific to the XFL happens — e.g. players signing with XFL teams, coaching/front office changes, or even teams relocating — it can be posted in this thread.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share




×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.