XFL 2020 Season

ozzyman314

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

PLEASE let this be a work, and let Ted DiBiase come out of nowhere and buy the league from Vince.

Ted_Dibiase_-_Theodore_Marvin_DiBiase_10

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

57 minutes ago, BringBackTheVet said:

PLEASE let this be a work, and let Ted DiBiase come out of nowhere and buy the league from Vince.

Ted_Dibiase_-_Theodore_Marvin_DiBiase_10

Instead of a trophy, the league champions would win the Million Dollar Championship

On 4/11/2020 at 10:39 PM, GDAWG said:

Some diehard XFL fans think that the XFL will be back in 2022, which I find hard to believe.  

Hey, the UFL (remember that?) is still claiming it will return for another full season at some point. Despite not being relevant in any way since 2011.

18 hours ago, Quillz said:

Hey, the UFL (remember that?) is still claiming it will return for another full season at some point. Despite not being relevant in any way since 2011.

Whaaaaa?  I liked that league, the first season was the best.  At least they lasted longer than one season.

spacer.png

Last updated 2/26

3 hours ago, CaliforniaGlowin said:

Whaaaaa?  I liked that league, the first season was the best.  At least they lasted longer than one season.

They had no chance. They were banking heavily on the NFL going into lockdown for either their first or second season, hoping to sign off-contract NFL players and be the only professional football league on TV. When the NFL ended up not losing any games, they were doomed. They were one of the few alt football leagues to attempt fall and thus be a direct competitor to the NFL.

On 4/13/2020 at 2:16 PM, mkg74 said:

Its time to put spring/summer alternative league football to bed. Pieces have to fall perfectly in place and it never seems to do so. 

Looks like the "weak ass" CFL wins again 😜

I'm imagining the CFL tossing the XFL out of the Alternative Football League Battle Royale, right onto the AAF, who still hasn't left ringside.

Thanks to @GDAWG for the visual.

They went bankrupt? Well, this totally came out of left field...

Spring Football can work, but there needs to be a perfect plan. You need to work on the time frame (Say, April to June), the locations, the infrastructure and so forth.

2 hours ago, Seadragon76 said:

They went bankrupt? Well, this totally came out of left field...

Spring Football can work, but there needs to be a perfect plan. You need to work on the time frame (Say, April to June), the locations, the infrastructure and so forth.

they did all that. They didn’t want to compete much with MLB, so going much past April wasn’t going to work, unless they were only in non-mlb markets, which can work if expenses are low enough to account for the lower revenue, but if the league’s goal is to present itself as major league (despite not being so), then it’s critical to have a presence in at least a few major markets. 

the real lesson here is to not worry about presenting yourself as major league right off the bat. People might buy minor league football if it’s honest about what it is. Otherwise they’re just looking at minor league players masquerading as major players in major stadiums, where their shortcomings are magnified. 

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

16 hours ago, IceCap said:

-Looks like the "weak ass" CFL wins again 😜

I'm imagining the CFL tossing the XFL out of the Alternative Football League Battle Royale, right onto the AAF, who still hasn't left ringside.

I did check out some games last year, and as was the case with the XFL, the different CFL rules made for a pretty exciting product to watch on TV.

EDITED BOSS ;)-

utahpioneerssig_by_verasthebrujah-dbt6623.png.47ea1d18a023dde3cc5da14a646e53fb.png

13 hours ago, IceCap said:

Looks like the "weak ass" CFL wins again 😜

The CFL will always win because it's been around much longer and has from the start been "recognizable but just different enough to be unique." Also the Grey Cup spans an entire weekend celebration, I think. It also seems to be okay with its status as being more or less a minor league for over-the-hill NFL players or the players that never made the cut to begin with.

37 minutes ago, Quillz said:

The CFL will always win because it's been around much longer and has from the start been "recognizable but just different enough to be unique." Also the Grey Cup spans an entire weekend celebration, I think. It also seems to be okay with its status as being more or less a minor league for over-the-hill NFL players or the players that never made the cut to begin with.

CFL is the most tenacious league when it comes to survival.  It won't throw in the towel.  Has more lives than a cat.  Every team has always found ways to get the funds to scratch and claw for survival.  Especially those bleak financial years in the 1980s and 1990s.

It also serves as a place where Canadians, who grew up playing the uniquely Canadian game from youth through university in Canada, can continue and play professionally.

It's the best 3 down football league on the planet.

4 hours ago, Wade Heidt said:

CFL is the most tenacious league when it comes to survival.  It won't throw in the towel.  Has more lives than a cat.  Every team has always found ways to get the funds to scratch and claw for survival.  Especially those bleak financial years in the 1980s and 1990s.

It also serves as a place where Canadians, who grew up playing the uniquely Canadian game from youth through university in Canada, can continue and play professionally.

It's the best 3 down football league on the planet.

While the CFL is likely to survive the Pandemic, there may be a team or two that may not.  

10 hours ago, GDAWG said:

While the CFL is likely to survive the Pandemic, there may be a team or two that may not.  

Sorry, what?

What makes you say that? 

All I can see is this finally buries the Atlantic Schooners return efforts. (Then again, I was never convinced it would happen)

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

Archived