XFL 2020 Season

ozzyman314

13 minutes ago, Red Comet said:

So, let's say the XFL actually does come back next year. I'm guessing this is how the divisions would end up:

XFL Mark III

XFL West

Seattle

San Diego

San Antonio

Houston

XFL East

St. Louis

Orlando

DC

New York (this time at Red Bull Stadium)

I think this'll do just fine.

I would love for this to happen, but I am scared, with Players, Couches, Networks, Stadiums, Front Office people, that VKM has burned a lot of bridges folding up despite it not being his fault. 

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, kmccarthy27 said:

I would love for this to happen, but I am scared, with Players, Couches, Networks, Stadiums, Front Office people, that VKM has burned a lot of bridges folding up despite it not being his fault. 

Honestly? I wrote the Neo-XFL off as dead as everyone else did. But, if anyone is going to resurrect a league after pissing off everyone it would be Vince McMahon. 

2 hours ago, MJWalker45 said:

Dallas was rumored to move to San Antonio if they return. The AAF Commanders fans Facebook group was hoping for that to happen as well. I think it would've worked out well for the league to have that happen. I'm hopeful this move happens, but not holding my breath.

Tampa Bay was also rumored to head to Orlando.

1 hour ago, Red Comet said:

Honestly? I wrote the Neo-XFL off as dead as everyone else did. But, if anyone is going to resurrect a league after pissing off everyone it would be Vince McMahon. 

Heck, they could run adds with The Undertaker resurrecting the XFL and it would somehow make perfect sense.

MZnWkGU.png

StL Cardinals - Indy Colts - Indiana Pacers - Let's Go Blues! - Missouri State Bears - IU Hoosiers - St Louis City SC

1 hour ago, kmccarthy27 said:

I think you'll see coaches that aren't established names that want a shot at the next rung of the coaching ladder. I wonder if they'll expand to 10 teams if they come back. Probably not if they'll be using the same networks and time slots.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

20 minutes ago, MJWalker45 said:

I think you'll see coaches that aren't established names that want a shot at the next rung of the coaching ladder. I wonder if they'll expand to 10 teams if they come back. Probably not if they'll be using the same networks and time slots.

Too soon to expand.  If if season 1 was completed, i wouldn't have expected expansion until at least season 3.

17 hours ago, kmccarthy27 said:

But if he has the money to buy it, didn't he have the money to keep it going? Thus it IS his fault.

It's where I sit.

43 minutes ago, Sec19Row53 said:

But if he has the money to buy it, didn't he have the money to keep it going? Thus it IS his fault.

Its like anything else though the question is how much are you willing to risk or lose to keep it going as is. Its a numbers decision but if they do not get someone to put up money for the intellectual property of the XFL from the bankruptcy then a lot of people will not get paid anything once the creditors that are in line get theirs. "It is the way" of business like it or not that is how big time business works. There will be a lot more with the way the economy is going right now. My business which was considered essential & we never missed one day of work but we are furloughing a lot of people because of the economy.

5 hours ago, Sec19Row53 said:

I don't blame a guy for not anticipating a 100% cessation of revenue while still owing 100% of his expenses.  There's no 5-year business plan that accounts for that.  It's a little like saying that it's my friend's fault that she took on a ton of debt to open a salon literally two weeks before the shut down, and is likely looking at filing for protection herself.  Obviously Vince's financing model was significantly more complex and subject to more risk than simply getting a business loan.

do blame him for around a million other things, and there may have been some shady financing and overcommitments, but I'm not sure how many of the facts have been released.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

11 minutes ago, BringBackTheVet said:

I don't blame a guy for not anticipating a 100% cecation of revenue while still owing 100% of his expenses.  There's no 5-year business plan that accounts for that.  It's a little like saying that it's my friend's fault that she took on a ton of debt to open a salon literally two weeks before the shut down, and is likely looking at filing for protection herself.  Obviously Vince's financing model was significantly more complex and subject to more risk than simply getting a business loan.

For sure. I have friends that were saying "well I thought he was prepared to lose money for 2 or 3 years," but even the most pessimistic projections didn't have a $0-$0-$0-$0-$0 for the last five weekends of the season.

On 5/21/2020 at 10:06 AM, DDR said:

For sure. I have friends that were saying "well I thought he was prepared to lose money for 2 or 3 years," but even the most pessimistic projections didn't have a $0-$0-$0-$0-$0 for the last five weekends of the season.

I’m no business expert, but I feel like even people like me could understand being prepared to lose money for 2-3 years only works when money is coming back in.

Then I go on twitter, and see people expect the XFL to make money without playing games in front of people that paid to be there. Vince is a villain, but he got hosed on this one.

14 hours ago, Red Comet said:

And now Vince McMahon denies that he's trying to buy back the XFL.

Does seem like he's setting things up for him to do so when he says "I hope somebody buys the XFL" but it seems that for now, the XFL will probably stay dead. 

He says that with the intent that no one buys it and he gets its even cheaper because he is the only offer. Either that of that thought that Alpha Entertainment is not "him" so just another company he creates will buy it and its not "him"

14 minutes ago, kmccarthy27 said:

He says that with the intent that no one buys it and he gets its even cheaper because he is the only offer. Either that of that thought that Alpha Entertainment is not "him" so just another company he creates will buy it and its not "him"

Except that if he was stating that in court proceedings, wouldn't he be opening himself up to legal issues if he was being deceitful?

It's where I sit.

There is evidently 23 or so groups that are looking to purchase the XFL. I think the NFL should buy it. I know this is in my make believe world for my fictional league Major League Football but I started MLF Spring League & used it as a training ground for coaches, players, & front office personnel. The benefits that I saw with the league are: retiring players could start coaching to stay in the game, assistant coaches get head coaching opportunities, front office positions were created to run the team who can be future GM's, & of course players could get some valuable learning experience. In my league each team has to put in money & assign five players each into the league from their roster. Also each Spring team was divided into four MLF franchises and they would have voting rights on hiring all personnel. Anyway I think it could work for the NFL if they are interested.

3 minutes ago, hugevolsfan said:

There is evidently 23 or so groups that are looking to purchase the XFL. I think the NFL should buy it. I know this is in my make believe world for my fictional league Major League Football but I started MLF Spring League & used it as a training ground for coaches, players, & front office personnel. The benefits that I saw with the league are: retiring players could start coaching to stay in the game, assistant coaches get head coaching opportunities, front office positions were created to run the team who can be future GM's, & of course players could get some valuable learning experience. In my league each team has to put in money & assign five players each into the league from their roster. Also each Spring team was divided into four MLF franchises and they would have voting rights on hiring all personnel. Anyway I think it could work for the NFL if they are interested.

I think the only reason the NFL would consider purchasing the XFL would be as a hedge against smaller colleges/universities no longer being able to afford football programs due to the sudden expenses of having to compensate players. Sure, college football will still exist but suddenly you find yourself with a market where a lot of talented 18-22 year olds can't find a roster spot in college. Then the NFL might have the genesis of a minor league. 

Archived