ozzyman314

XFL 2020 Season

On 8/24/2020 at 10:34 PM, JackieMoon said:

If you move the Wildcats to San Diego, the Renegades to San Antonio, and the Vipers to Orlando then you don't have to worry about the AAF. 

All three would produce more fans/following than what XFL 2.0 had. 

Wildcats average: 13,127

Fleet average: 19,154

Renegades average: 17,163

Commanders average: 27,721

Vipers average: 15,183

Apollos average: 19,648

If you were to build a "superleague" of the eight highest attended XFL/AAF teams, you would have a league comprised of:

1. St. Louis (XFL)

2. San Antonio (AAF)

3. Seattle (XFL)

4. Orlando (AAF)

5. San Diego (AAF)

6. Houston (XFL)

7. Dallas (XFL)

8. DC (XFL)

And that gives you an average attendance across the board of 21,543 fans per game per city.

The original XFL had eight teams and had an average attendance of 23,410. San Francisco and New York led the way, with Orlando a close third.

The NYC TV market is so big that having a team there piques TV executives interest. Since Texas has 3 teams, I'd move the Rengades to NY since Dallas has 5 major sports teams and neither Houston nor San Antonio do. Or the league could have 10 teams, with the 8 mentioned plus NYC and somewhere else. Birmingham, Memphis, and Tampa Bay had the next highest attendance.

41 minutes ago, sportsfan7 said:

The NYC TV market is so big that having a team there piques TV executives interest. Since Texas has 3 teams, I'd move the Rengades to NY since Dallas has 5 major sports teams and neither Houston nor San Antonio do. Or the league could have 10 teams, with the 8 mentioned plus NYC and somewhere else. Birmingham, Memphis, and Tampa Bay had the next highest attendance.

New York already has a team, they'll be moving from MetLife to Red Bull Arena.

17 hours ago, nash61 said:

Wildcats average: 13,127

Fleet average: 19,154

Renegades average: 17,163

Commanders average: 27,721

Vipers average: 15,183

Apollos average: 19,648

If you were to build a "superleague" of the eight highest attended XFL/AAF teams, you would have a league comprised of:

1. St. Louis (XFL)

2. San Antonio (AAF)

3. Seattle (XFL)

4. Orlando (AAF)

5. San Diego (AAF)

6. Houston (XFL)

7. Dallas (XFL)

8. DC (XFL)

And that gives you an average attendance across the board of 21,543 fans per game per city.

The original XFL had eight teams and had an average attendance of 23,410. San Francisco and New York led the way, with Orlando a close third.

There is no way the Fleet had an average of 19,154 at their games.  And regarding ORL/TB, the Apollos were the best team in the league, had a legend from the nearest college football program as its head coach, and had a week one home game.  Meanwhile it was clear TB was awful well before their first home game.  That said, I think Orlando's a better bet than Tampa.

2 minutes ago, See Red said:

There is no way the Fleet had an average of 19,154 at their games.  And regarding ORL/TB, the Apollos were the best team in the league, had a legend from the nearest college football program as its head coach, and had a week one home game.  Meanwhile it was clear TB was awful well before their first home game.  That said, I think Orlando's a better bet than Tampa.

Most of those AAF numbers were early interest as well as liberal accounting as far as "ticket sales". The Fleet had started getting more fans before they shut down. The only one I truly doubt was in the ballpark of what they said they were was Salt Lake. 

35 minutes ago, MJWalker45 said:
1 hour ago, sportsfan7 said:

New York already has a team, they'll be moving from MetLife to Red Bull Arena.

Sorry, I was referring to @nash61's proposal above

8 minutes ago, MJWalker45 said:

Most of those AAF numbers were early interest as well as liberal accounting as far as "ticket sales". The Fleet had started getting more fans before they shut down. The only one I truly doubt was in the ballpark of what they said they were was Salt Lake. 

Memphis was for sure sketchy as well.  Arizona might have been, but I don't remember what they announced.

I liked the AAF.  The XFL was objectively better but I never really got into it like I did the AAF, which might've had more to do with my local AAF team being coached by Spurrier while my local XFL team was coached by Marc Trestman.

Just now, See Red said:

Memphis was for sure sketchy as well.  Arizona might have been, but I don't remember what they announced.

I liked the AAF.  The XFL was objectively better but I never really got into it like I did the AAF, which might've had more to do with my local AAF team being coached by Spurrier while my local XFL team was coached by Marc Trestman.

Never a good sign