XFL 2020 Season

ozzyman314

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
54 minutes ago, Ferdinand Cesarano said:

Not all Dick's.  After I saw this picture, I called the only Dick's location in the four significant boroughs of New York City.  But they said that they have no Guardians gear in stock.

I highly doubt that the Dick's Sporting Goods in a non XFL city has XFL merchandise anyways. 

58 minutes ago, GDAWG said:
1 hour ago, Ferdinand Cesarano said:

Not all Dick's.  After I saw this picture, I called the only Dick's location in the four significant boroughs of New York City.  But they said that they have no Guardians gear in stock.

I highly doubt that the Dick's Sporting Goods in a non XFL city has XFL merchandise anyways. 

But I am in an XFL city.

logo-diamonds-for-CC-no-photo-sig.png

3 hours ago, Ferdinand Cesarano said:

Let me guess, Staten Island doesn’t count haha. 

also I haven’t seen anything in my corner of dc, but I’m outer rim dc area so I’m not shocked. 

5qWs8RS.png

Formerly known as DiePerske

24 minutes ago, DiePerske said:
4 hours ago, Ferdinand Cesarano said:

Let me guess, Staten Island doesn’t count haha. 

Correctamundo.  

I mean, if the Dick's store on Staten Island had been located near the ferry, then I would probably have called it, with an eye to possibly going there.  But it is deep within nowheresville Staten Island.  Later for that noise.

26 minutes ago, DiePerske said:

also I haven’t seen anything in my corner of dc, but I’m outer rim dc area so I’m not shocked. 

That display in an L.A. store got my hopes up.  But I have come back down now.

I suppose that I will just have to get my Guardians hat by ordering it online.

logo-diamonds-for-CC-no-photo-sig.png

On 2/1/2020 at 1:39 AM, Cosmic said:
“We think that because of our 25-second play clock our game is going to require quite honestly a little bit better conditioning than what some of these guys may be used to in the NFL or the CFL.“

Yup, those lazy slobs in the NFL...

I'm guessing Luck didn't realize at the time that the CFL has a 20 second play clock when he made this remark.

On 2/1/2020 at 7:05 PM, BringBackTheVet said:

25 seconds will be really interesting.  My fear is that it will lead to sloppiness, since there will barely be any time to audible if necessary, and just getting subs and plays in and out could take up most of the time.  It could turn into a version of the Chip Kelly Eagles offense of a few years ago.

I've been avidly watching the CFL now for the last five or so seasons and their 20 second play clock doesn't seem to be an issue at all.

So based on the customs of these boards, will this continue to be the XFL thread once games actually start or will a new one be spawned for the regular season?

MZnWkGU.png

StL Cardinals - Indy Colts - Indiana Pacers - Let's Go Blues! - Missouri State Bears - IU Hoosiers - St Louis City SC

2 minutes ago, Maroon said:

So based on the customs of these boards, will this continue to be the XFL thread once games actually start or will a new one be spawned for the regular season?

At least for the first two weeks, probably this one as I would expect there be tweets about attendance numbers after the first two weeks and ratings.  I don't know how much activity there will be after two weeks though. 

Attendance will be better than week 1 AAF

We have these numbers to go against

And who knows how much thiose figures were 'padded'

I was at the last game in person, there werent no 11,751 people for damn sure

utahpioneerssig_by_verasthebrujah-dbt6623.png.47ea1d18a023dde3cc5da14a646e53fb.png

On 2/3/2020 at 12:39 PM, Ferdinand Cesarano said:

Whomever named that store is a pure genius! Completely sums up my thoughts on them.

Archived