XFL 2020 Season

ozzyman314

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1. How trustworthy are all those stadium / ticket graphics?

2. Is it known how many seats are paid for vs handouts / promotions?

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

28 minutes ago, BringBackTheVet said:

Columbus Crew fans had issues with these over the last few years because the map would show only a  portion of actual tickets that were available. Even last year there were games where more seats were getting released slowly over the week of a home game. I'm sure some of those tickets that are sold are probably handouts, but are they handing out as many as the AAF apparently did?

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

2 hours ago, GDAWG said:

The XFL on the radio is confusing.  Dallas and St. Louis will not have local radio, instead streaming audio of the games on the league social media accounts.  Seattle will have a local weekly radio show on their ESPN radio affiliate, but no actual games.  DC and Houston will have regular radio games.  No word on LA, New York, or Tampa.

There needs to be consistency in regards to radio.  

Not if no station is unwilling to broker enough to break even.  Nobody should be paying the XFL for radio rights, just like nobody paid the AAF. 

No Tampa Bay Times article this week mentioned how to listen via radio.  The paper seems to have placed a General Assignment reporter and a recent graduate who is on her second internship at The Times as the two who will cover the team. 

1 hour ago, BringBackTheVet said:

Time will tell if someone files a FOIA to see.  I know with the University of Houston, there is a $2/ticket surcharge for every seat sold. It should be easier to do the math for them.  Tampa Sports Authority, operators of Raymond James Stadium, is also not receiving "rent" for XFL games perse, but rather a surcharge per ticket*, "facility fees" ,plus all revenues from concessions and parking.

But nearly every event uses "Tickets Distributed" rather than " Tickets Sold" in reporting attendance plus you obviously know that Vince has padded attendance numbers since 1987 and Wrestlemania III.

*-That could have been negotiated as a result of the WWE paying rent to host Wrestlemania this year. 

On 2/4/2020 at 11:07 PM, GDAWG said:

ugsoefhy60f41.jpg

I would imagine that those D.C. United fans who were already angry with the DC Defenders being allowed to play at Audi Field might go berserk if and when they notice "FOR THE LOVE OF FOOTBALL" having been painted on the field for Defenders games.

[parody of a rant from a hardcore fan of D.C. United or of soccer in general]

"'For the Love of Football?'  Absolutely not!  What D.C. United and MLS play is real and proper football!  What the Defenders and the XFL play is handegg!"

[/parody of a rant from a hardcore fan of D.C. United or of soccer in general]

2 minutes ago, Walk-Off said:

I would imagine that those D.C. United fans who were already angry with the DC Defenders being allowed to play at Audi Field might go berserk if and when they notice "FOR THE LOVE OF FOOTBALL" having been painted on the field for Defenders games.

[parody of a rant from a hardcore fan of D.C. United or of soccer in general]

"'For the Love of Football?'  Absolutely not!  What D.C. United and MLS play is real and proper football!  What the Defenders and the XFL play is handegg!"

[/parody of a rant from a hardcore fan of D.C. United or of soccer in general]

Their thinking is that gridiron football will ruin the pristine soccer field.  

8 minutes ago, GDAWG said:

Their thinking is that gridiron football will ruin the pristine soccer field.  

Yes, a collective concern about potential damage to the field is what I have read as being the main reason why many D.C. United fans have opposed the sharing of Audi Field with the Defenders.  It seems to me, then, that painting the XFL's particular current slogan on the field for Defenders games would be a proverbial pouring of gasoline onto the fire.

38 minutes ago, Walk-Off said:

Yes, a collective concern about potential damage to the field is what I have read as being the main reason why many D.C. United fans have opposed the sharing of Audi Field with the Defenders.  It seems to me, then, that painting the XFL's particular current slogan on the field for Defenders games would be a proverbial pouring of gasoline onto the fire.

Stoking controversy for the hell of it ain't exactly outside of Vince's wheelhouse. 

1 hour ago, Walk-Off said:

Everytime Audi Field tweets something about the Defenders, the response from most DC United fans is one of pure disgust.  On another forum, one DC United fan asked why the XFL is going to ruin their field when there were other options like University of Maryland, RFK or FedEx Field. 

When I was a kid I went to a taping of the Thurman Thomas show.

We didn't do any damn signing, though if we had it would have looked a lot like that.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

15 minutes ago, DG_ThenNowForever said:

When I was a kid I went to a taping of the Thurman Thomas show.

We didn't do any damn signing, though if we had it would have looked a lot like that.

I also remember being taken to a Robinson's (FL, not the SoCal one) Department Store in Tampa to see a Buccaneers Kids Club event.  It was not on TV or Radio, just one of the local sports directors hosting an event with a Buc player.  I also recall every kid got white/orange wristbands with Bucco Bruce and the store logo, which every kid coveted.  I don't even think there was a Q&A, not snacks for the kids.  It was basically 45-50 minutes for Moms to shop on a Tuesday night. 

5 minutes in, ESPN's presentation is pretty good! None of the bombast of XFL 2000 (which they explicitly said they were definitely moving away from), and a whole lot more professionalism. ESPN is treating this as a real thing.

Football quality 2 minutes in? Ummm....

EDIT: Hearing the coach call plays in real time, and then seeing those relayed by the QB, is pretty cool! I totally expect to see this carried into NCAA or NFL football broadcasts in the future.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Archived