XFL 2020 Season

ozzyman314

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 minutes ago, GDAWG said:
24 minutes ago, Ferdinand Cesarano said:

I wonder whether the Guardians looked into playing at Red Bull Arena.

I don't see the Red Bulls allowing football played at their stadium.  

Well, considering how much the XFL must be paying to rent the Meadowlands stadium, one would imagine that they could have come up with enough money to persuade Red Bull to rent to them.

And the L.A. Galaxy can attest that football doesn't do any harm to the field.

logo-diamonds-for-CC-no-photo-sig.png

4 minutes ago, Ferdinand Cesarano said:

Well, considering how much the XFL must be paying to rent the Meadowlands stadium, one would imagine that they could have come up with enough money to persuade Red Bull to rent to them.

And the L.A. Galaxy can attest that football doesn't do any harm to the field.

If football ever moves to Red Bull Arena, all 30 Red Bulls fans will rage.

Also, football does not ruin the field at Toyota Stadium.  

Just now, Olmec said:

Prior to this thread, I had no idea soccer fans were so protective about the "pitch" their teams play on. 

When Audi Field posted pics on Twitter about football configuration, the responses from DC United fans were various "no" gifs as well as angry face and puke emojis.  

5 minutes ago, GDAWG said:

If football ever moves to Red Bull Arena, all 30 Red Bulls fans will rage.

Also, football does not ruin the field at Toyota Stadium.  

Toyota Stadium has had issues in the past. The 2014 (?) FCS Championship the field was so torn up they didn't let the bands play at halftime so they could do repair work. The reason it was so bad? Instead of painting the original turf, or removing it and laying down the new turf they stuck it right on top of the old stuff. Right after we had a nice cold snap that kept the new field from settling and it was crap the whole game, though it was always going to be a NDSU win because Towson couldn't do anything. I like that Dallas is using Globe Life because it's in a good access location, which is always the critique used for Frisco, that it's not close enough to Dallas proper. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

For those of you who listen to local sports talk radio, how's the opinion been? I got a little annoyed today when Tampa's afternoon show had a Viper's player on and one of the hosts sarcastically asked "So has your check cleared?" Then they proceeded to do a (unfunny) skit about Vince firing Trestman. 

14 minutes ago, Red Comet said:

If people from New York don't want to go watch top-tier American soccer at Red Bull Arena, then why would they want to watch second-rate football?

The Red Bulls get about 17,000, which is about what the Guardians got in their first game.

15 minutes ago, Red Comet said:

The Meadowlands, however, is a lot easier to get to. 

No way. The PATH train goes right to Red Bull Arena, and connects to the New York City subway.

logo-diamonds-for-CC-no-photo-sig.png

8 minutes ago, Olmec said:

For those of you who listen to local sports talk radio, how's the opinion been? I got a little annoyed today when Tampa's afternoon show had a Viper's player on and one of the hosts sarcastically asked "So has your check cleared?" Then they proceeded to do a (unfunny) skit about Vince firing Trestman. 

I don't know about ESPN 103.3 or 105.3 The Fan, but the Ticket has been positive about it.  

10 minutes ago, Ferdinand Cesarano said:

No way. The PATH train goes right to Red Bull Arena, and connects to the New York City subway.

Seemed easier when I was in New York. Of course, I was also leaving New York via the Lincoln Tunnel so that's probably why.

30 minutes ago, GDAWG said:

When Audi Field posted pics on Twitter about football configuration, the responses from DC United fans were various "no" gifs as well as angry face and puke emojis.  

Which strikes me as odd, they are overreacting now, because I believe since it opened they have played HS Football games there. 

9 minutes ago, kmccarthy27 said:

Which strikes me as odd, they are overreacting now, because I believe since it opened they have played HS Football games there. 

Probably a touch of classic hipster classism. Don't want to share a stadium with inbred rednecks who might watch pro wrestling after all. / s

45 minutes ago, MJWalker45 said:

Toyota Stadium has had issues in the past. The 2014 (?) FCS Championship the field was so torn up they didn't let the bands play at halftime so they could do repair work. The reason it was so bad? Instead of painting the original turf, or removing it and laying down the new turf they stuck it right on top of the old stuff. Right after we had a nice cold snap that kept the new field from settling and it was crap the whole game, though it was always going to be a NDSU win because Towson couldn't do anything. I like that Dallas is using Globe Life because it's in a good access location, which is always the critique used for Frisco, that it's not close enough to Dallas proper. 

After seeing Globe Life as a baseball stadium for so long, it's weird seeing it as a football stadium.  

From what I saw of the BattleHawks game, the quality of the football was hit or miss. But the presentation of the game was a lot of fun and there are at least a few things I wouldn't mind if the NFL stole.

48 minutes ago, Red Comet said:

Probably a touch of classic hipster classism. Don't want to share a stadium with inbred rednecks who might watch pro wrestling after all. / s

Football snobbery is a term I like to use. 

I saw, I came, I left.

Archived