XFL 2020 Season

ozzyman314

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 minutes ago, kroywen said:

Well, of course - the XFL is a stupid endeavor that will inevitably fail, but speaking more from a perspective of trying to give them as good a chance as is reaslitic.

It may be a stupid endeavor, but let it be a profitable one for yourself...  I have a veritable mountain of USFL items which I acquired in the 1980's (not merch, but insider stuff from the league office) that, when the time is right, I'll sell off to pay for my kids' college education.  And I know this because I've already been offered more than I paid for my house for the collection en masse...

So as soon as it becomes available, set aside some space in your garage, go out and buy as much high-end XFL branded **** as you can afford.  Store it in that space, and let it appreciate in value.  Sell one piece at a time if you need a little cash from time to time.

For me, presuming Vince announces what we're all presuming he's going to announce, starts a veritable pay period for my family of sorts:  after 17+ years, I get to put some of the one-of-a-kind, insider XFL stuff I acquired (league operations documents, etc.) and even the crap that was commonplace back at the time (e.g., XFL footballs, media guides, etc.) on eBay.  I'll never see more of a return for it than I will in the next 90 days.

nav-logo.png

2 hours ago, Sodboy13 said:

Assuming Vince sticks with his "real grass, no domes" demands, Miller Park with the lid off. Pac Bell was great for the SF Demons. But he's not going to Milwaukee.

Vince might have to let go of his only grass, no turf or dome rule as Orlando, Memphis, and Birmingham all have converted to artificial surfaces.

I fully expect 6-8 teams, and in inclusion of the usual suspects (Birmingham, Orlando, Memphis), keep an eye on the MLS markets and stadiums to be used.  

- NYNJ could play at Red Bull Park

- Chicago could play at the Fire stadium

I would also feel like a Texas team would be in the mix, as that was an area neglected  in the original.  Also, with the Raiders leaving, San Diego or the Bay Area of Cali would be a target.

The XFL will deliver a fan-centric, innovative experience, including shorter, fast-paced games and a family-friendly environment, complemented by cross-platform viewing options and real-time fan engagement.

Plans for the XFL at launch include eight teams, 40-man active rosters and a 10-week regular-season schedule, with a postseason consisting of two semifinal playoff games and a championship game.

http://www.wwe.com/article/xfl-announcement-2020

5994736127_c919880617.jpg

20899768053_5ff571c8fc.jpg21520909095_58cb3890d9.jpg

4 hours ago, DG_Now said:

I didn't mind XFL V1, but I think if the point of V2 is to force players to stand for the national anthem and get concussed on every play, I'll be rooting for its abject failure. The McMahons deserve a big loss.

I kind of wonder how they'll handle concussions and such since they've worked to try and remove those from WWE by banning stupid crap like unprotected head shots. 

I can't believe they're sticking with XTREME Football League. It's like Vince can't get his mind past the 90s. 

Just now, Red Wolf said:

It's like Vince can't get his mind past the 90s. 

It's been well-documented that Vince is seriously out of touch with modern culture.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

1 minute ago, Red Wolf said:

I kind of wonder how they'll handle concussions and such since they've worked to try and remove those from WWE by banning stupid crap like unprotected head shots. 

I can't believe they're sticking with XTREME Football League. It's like Vince can't get his mind past the 90s. 

Vince just said on this media conference call that 1) all players will need to follow the rules, so if the rules are to stand for the anthem then they will and 2) "it will be safe"

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

• No cities thought of yet, will announce those later.
  • High focus on safety, "as safe as possible," but it will "still be football" - no specific measures.
  • Says he (Vince) will not be out front at all.  Will hire "experts" to handle most of the league top to bottom.
  • No idea about Trump investing, says there will be no politics or social issues involved, and rules will be in place to prevent expression.
  • Re:  Oversaturation -- "better, faster football", will generate unique demand
  • League will begin at end of January - "not quite a spring league."
  • "We're gonna go where fans want us to go," but says there's no idea at all where any franchises will go.
  • Is open to using baseball stadiums if the football facilities aren't interested in sharing.
  • Floated possibility of having no halftime break.  Wants games inside of two hours.
  • Considered renaming the XFL, but liked the existing equity of the XFL brand and thought it was a "cool name."
  • No existing TV partners as of yet.
  • Nicknames on jerseys:  "We're not there yet."  Is glad people remember that, but will listen to what fans want.  
  • Will look to stream the games online but hasn't narrowed anything down yet.  
"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Wrapping up games within 2 hours could be a huge win.

And he just said no players with criminal records will be allowed! Woah.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

1 minute ago, CS85 said:
  • rules will be in place to prevent expression.

Well, that's one way to attract the KEEP YER POLITICS OUT OF MAH FOOTBAWL crowd.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

4 minutes ago, CS85 said:
  • No cities thought of yet, will announce those later.
  • High focus on safety, "as safe as possible," but it will "still be football" - no specific measures.
  • Says he (Vince) will not be out front at all.  Will hire "experts" to handle most of the league top to bottom.
  • No idea about Trump investing, says there will be no politics or social issues involved, and rules will be in place to prevent expression.
  • Re:  Oversaturation -- "better, faster football", will generate unique demand
  • League will begin at end of January - "not quite a spring league."
  • "We're gonna go where fans want us to go," but says there's no idea at all where any franchises will go.
  • Is open to using baseball stadiums if the football facilities aren't interested in sharing.
  • Floated possibility of having no halftime break.  Wants games inside of two hours.
  • Considered renaming the XFL, but liked the existing equity of the XFL brand and thought it was a "cool name."
  • No existing TV partners as of yet.
  • Nicknames on jerseys:  "We're not there yet."  Is glad people remember that, but will listen to what fans want.  
  • Will look to stream the games online but hasn't narrowed anything down yet.  

• Everything will be all new, but says there's no restraints.  The XFL is being "reimagined."
  • Manzeil, Tebow, Kaepernick:  "Quality of the human being is important."  Doesn't want players who have criminal backgrounds.  Must "meet our criteria."
  • There will be no WWE/XFL crossover whatsoever.
  • Linda McMahon wasn't involved in the XFL's rebirth at all.
  • The biggest difference between the NFL and XFL will be "what the audience wants."
"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

46 minutes ago, CRichardson said:

It's been well-documented that Vince is seriously out of touch with modern culture.

The story about him being confused that somebody would watch some comedy film instead of watching Santino skits is pretty indicative of the bubble he lives in. 

45 minutes ago, DG_Now said:

Vince just said on this media conference call that 1) all players will need to follow the rules, so if the rules are to stand for the anthem then they will and 2) "it will be safe"

The anthem thing isn't that surprising, though I wonder how much anybody will care about that issue in two years. It was an issue that was practically dead until Trump brought it back up this season. 

The allegedly high focus on safety isn't too surprising. The XFL of the 90s was meant to imitate the 90s WWF, which itself imitated the trash TV of the time. The modern WWE is family friendly now. It makes me think they should have gone with a different name since everything about this new endeavor sounds like the opposite of XTREME

They didn't say anything about how exactly they're going to have a shorter game did they? I know he floated the idea of no halftime, but was there anything else? 

2 minutes ago, Red Wolf said:

The story about him being confused that somebody would watch some comedy film instead of watching Santino skits is

The anthem thing isn't that surprising, though I wonder how much anybody will care about that issue in two years. It was an issue that was practically dead until Trump brought it back up this season. 

The allegedly high focus on safety isn't too surprising. The XFL of the 90s was meant to imitate the 90s WWF, which itself imitated the trash TV of the time. The modern WWE is family friendly now. It makes me think they should have gone with a different name since everything about this new endeavor sounds like the opposite of XTREME

They didn't say anything about how exactly they're going to have a shorter game did they? I know he floated the idea of no halftime, but was there anything else? 

I think they will have less rules than the NFL. 

Archived