XFL 2020 Season

ozzyman314

30 minutes ago, See Red said:

Yeah, they were given Trestman as head coach. How did this guy win three Grey Cups?

The attendance in Tampa next week is going to be bad. Hopefully people were too busy watching the Lightning to see how bad the Vipers are. 

Tickets are already sold.  Remember that "Tickets Distributed" will be given to the media and thus a FOIA on the fees received by the Tampa Sports Authority will be the key to what was sold.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, dfwabel said:

Like I said they're directly up against the Daytona 500 on FOX and the Los Angeles PGA event with Rory McIlroy tied for first om CBS

I don't watch either sport, but Daytona 500 is a big deal.  

I wonder how the ratings will be when March Madness comes around?

2 hours ago, mkg74 said:

Tomarrows Dallas at LA game will be intresting based on attendance alone.....5K? 10K? 15K?

Will the LA Wildcats have higher attendance than the Chargers?  I would not think so, because it's the XFL and if that stadium is full of NFL fans, its for the other team but who knows.  

Damn, SoFi is going to be empty when the Chargers play.  

1 hour ago, GDAWG said:

Will the LA Wildcats have higher attendance than the Chargers?  I would not think so, because it's the XFL and if that stadium is full of NFL fans, its for the other team but who knows.  

Damn, SoFi is going to be empty when the Chargers play.  

Visiting or transplant fans, like Raiders and KC will fill up SoFi.  Trust me as I will.

They also host the Jets and the Patriots. Add the Chargers to make at least

Watching these XFL games, are you surprised at the number of NFL mentions the announcers make?  I know that ESPN and Fox are TV partners of the NFL, but there were a lot of references made today to the NFL in both games.  I suspect that there will be more tomorrow.  

6 hours ago, GDAWG said:

Watching these XFL games, are you surprised at the number of NFL mentions the announcers make?  I know that ESPN and Fox are TV partners of the NFL, but there were a lot of references made today to the NFL in both games.  I suspect that there will be more tomorrow.  

I think it’s a given that it was going to happen. They want to explain there are former NFL players and not John Doe from the streets who played HS Football. It’s no different than in NFL games then talking about what college the players went to. 

In terms of the rules of game and how things work it’s easier to explain it using what they (the viewer) knows as a point of reference. 

6 hours ago, Cujo said:

The lower bowl of Century Link (or whatever it's called now) was mostly packed. I legit believe this figure.

Comped means free tickets. If 29k were there, but 10k were comped, it paints a different picture. 

It's where I sit.

1 hour ago, Sec19Row53 said:

Comped means free tickets. If 29k were there, but 10k were comped, it paints a different picture. 

Even with tickets comped, the people still have to go. The other big 4 leagues comp tickets too To meet black out rules and such, and to just appear more full, but people still got to show up. The marina comp tickets yet barely get 5k people to show up to games, so the XFL’s atleast doing better than them

4 minutes ago, dont care said:

Even with tickets comped, the people still have to go. The other big 4 leagues comp tickets too To meet black out rules and such, and to just appear more full, but people still got to show up. The marina comp tickets yet barely get 5k people to show up to games, so the XFL’s atleast doing better than them

...and they essentially hope to make up the lost ticket money on merch, food and drink, as they get cuts of that money too. 

18 minutes ago, dont care said:

comps don’t meet blackout rules - at least in NFL. Not sure how it works now, but back in 80s if eagles were getting blacked out, the local tv station would buy the remaining tix and then maybe come those... but they were technically sold. 

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

15 hours ago, GDAWG said:

The clock stopping after every first down following the two minute warning doesn't make the game shorter.  

The clock stops on every play until 5 seconds after the ball is spotted and the play clock starts. It stays stopped got incomplete and out of bounds plays. 

12 hours ago, MJWalker45 said:

I think the intent is to let the QB get composure instead of rushing up to the line. 

Fox broke out cartoon picture for Silvers and had player headshots for some, but not all players for scoring plays.

Is to prevent teams from milking the clock by taking time to unravel a scrum to get the ball and get it set. But with the dedicated ball spotter, the clock will usually start pretty quickly. 

Archived