XFL 2020 Season

ozzyman314

12 hours ago, GDAWG said:

I don't watch either sport, but Daytona 500 is a big deal.  

I wonder how the ratings will be when March Madness comes around?

Daytona 500 is another sporting event I wont miss out on.

Also, I'm a lil biased on basketball, it's not a race issue, it's because when I was in gym class during high school, no matter where your are on the arc to shoot a FG, as long as you know the exact range and how hard of a throw you need to get the basketball to make it to the net, you can just keep making 3 pointers.

And I always hear the play-by-play announcers gloat about how much a player is making all these FG's during a game, and realize how much of a farce that is!

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 minutes ago, dont care said:

Are the players unionized? I know McMahon probably wouldn’t allow it but how long before they get together and go hey stop shoving cameras and mics in our face as we are running off the field so we lose our jobs

Players are not unionized.  

3 minutes ago, Red Comet said:

At least he said it was his fault. Hey, maybe Vince is having a bigger role behind the scenes than we thought. 

If Vince has a bigger role behind the scenes, that's not a good sign for the XFL.  

38 minutes ago, Red Comet said:

8-10,000. At best. Can't say I'm shocked.

Looks like a healthy crowd to me, save for those sections in the open part of the end zone.

MofnV2z.png

The CCSLC's resident Geelong Cats fan.

Viva La Vida or Death And All His Friends. Sounds like something from a Rocky & Bullwinkle story arc.

3 minutes ago, Red Comet said:

I did say that at kickoff. Looks closer to 13,000-16,000 now. 

Ahh yes the notorious late arriving LA crowd. Glad they filled in, but for their sake I hope they get some more offense. I enjoy a defensive battle myself, but this league is being judged more harshly than ever and needs the high powered offense people are used to. 

3 hours ago, kmccarthy27 said:

And on that note they probably knew this was going to happen before signing. This was not something they were surprised with last week. 

Agreed. Furthermore, the XFL is kinda building its presentation around "unprecedented access" so the players are just gonna have to deal with it – or better yet, embrace it – if they want to have a professional league to play in outside the NFL.

2 minutes ago, DDR said:

Agreed. Furthermore, the XFL is kinda building its presentation around "unprecedented access" so the players are just gonna have to deal with it – or better yet, embrace it – if they want to have a professional league to play in outside the NFL.

The players would be smart to embrace it. Show some personality, maybe gain a following, and build a brand of sorts. Would be win/win for them and the league as it needs personalities and stars.

25 minutes ago, JLJ said:

The players would be smart to embrace it. Show some personality, maybe gain a following, and build a brand of sorts. Would be win/win for them and the league as it needs personalities and stars.

Do professional teams want qb’s that get benched for questioning the coaches play calling to the media?

29 minutes ago, dont care said:

Do professional teams want qb’s that get benched for questioning the coaches play calling to the media?

I think we have seen over the years the league will tolerate almost anything except for social justice protests. If said QB has a better season he might get a look.

As far as this league goes, it has its first heel character in McGloin. Saw many people on twitter talk about how the drama held their viewership when the game turned into that blowout.

Edit: 14,979 is the announced attendance in LA. Not bad.

The XFL will only go as far as the QB play allows it to. So far it's been pretty hit or miss, but there are bright spots. Like Cardale Jones. And Josh Johnson hasn't been super accurate today, but he's still got a good arm. Less bright? Landry Jones. He has been terrible today. QB play by Tampa and Seattle has been awful, too. The league really needs PJ Walker and Jordan Ta'amu to build off their week 1s in the late game.

Archived