XFL 2020 Season

ozzyman314

6 hours ago, Matthew24 said:

Bit early for my liking but Philadelphia would make a good home for an XFL team. I would have them play at Lincoln Financial Field then the other two stadiums. though, why couldn't they use the Talen Energy Stadium? 

Does ask the question a bit early, where are they gonna place a team next. Personally wish San Diego will be next.

There is already talk in a reddit thread theorizing 2021, the most common theories are:

-LA will move to SD and become the SoCal Wildcats

-Tampa will move to Orlando and become the Florida Vipers

On the subject of Philly does Temple or Villanova have a small football or soccer stadium for them to use? 

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
50 minutes ago, kmccarthy27 said:

There is already talk in a reddit thread theorizing 2021, the most common theories are:

-LA will move to SD and become the SoCal Wildcats

-Tampa will move to Orlando and become the Florida Vipers

On the subject of Philly does Temple or Villanova have a small football or soccer stadium for them to use? 

Villanova is on a suburban campus, so that's a no-go for those like BBTV.

Temple has no suitable facility.

Franklin Field has been undergoing a renovation to sure up all the concrete and is in the 3rd of I believe 5 stages.

As for SD, they'd have to either immediately play in Petco Park or play there work out a one year contract with SDSU, then come back to SDSU after the new stadium is complete. The stadium is to be demolished after the 2021 Aztecs season

19 minutes ago, dfwabel said:

Franklin Field has been undergoing a renovation to sure up all the concrete and is in the 3rd of I believe 5 stages

What about Philadelphia Union's field?

2 minutes ago, Red Comet said:

What about Philadelphia Union's field?

That is in Chester which is a 20-30 commute from Philly. An MLS franchise has done well there but MLS was already well-established. The Philadelphia fanbase loves its football but that love mostly rides with the Eagles and not some expansion team from a fledgling league. Fans may not want to make the half hour trek for that.

18 minutes ago, JayMac said:

That is in Chester which is a 20-30 commute from Philly. An MLS franchise has done well there but MLS was already well-established. The Philadelphia fanbase loves its football but that love mostly rides with the Eagles and not some expansion team from a fledgling league. Fans may not want to make the half hour trek for that.

10 minutes ago, dfwabel said:

That's the Talon Energy Stadium which others have referred to.

Ah. Yeah, I don't get the expansion talk myself. What are they going to do, play at the University of Delaware's stadium (which is an hour away) if they can't find a field nearby? 

1 hour ago, kmccarthy27 said:

Looks like they did pretty well on tv as well. XFL seems to be doing alright for itself regionally, but no national numbers yet.

There are a number of reasons for why this may have happened: Blues play more often, the XFL is new, STL fans mad about the Rams watching in spite, etc. Still, it’s nice to see for these guys.

I'd love to see a Colorado team, while the weather here this time of year can be cold and snowy you're also just as likely to get 40's-50's with sunshine which is quite comfortable.

Forget Mile High (or whatever it's currently called)...

Dick's Sporting Goods Park - 18,000

Folsom Field - 53,000 (on the CU campus and may be a bit big)

Sonny Lubick Field - 36,500 (CSU's stadium, a good middle ground capacity wise but Ft. Collins may be a bit too far north from Denver but could draw from Wyoming as well)

1 hour ago, dfwabel said:

Franklin Field has been undergoing a renovation to sure up all the concrete and is in the 3rd of I believe 5 stages.

As for SD, they'd have to either immediately play in Petco Park or play there work out a one year contract with SDSU, then come back to SDSU after the new stadium is complete. The stadium is to be demolished after the 2021 Aztecs season

Villanova is actually fine from a mass transit point of view. There are two rail lines that run through campus.  Unfortunately, the stadium only seats 12,500, though perhaps temporary seats could be added in the west end (top of the picture).

spacer.png  spacer.png

Franklin Field would be great  It's a shame that it might not be available (though it seems like Penn is still using it in the meantime).

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

2 hours ago, leopard88 said:

Villanova is actually fine from a mass transit point of view. There are two rail lines that run through campus.  Unfortunately, the stadium only seats 12,500, though perhaps temporary seats could be added in the west end (top of the picture).

spacer.png  spacer.png

Franklin Field would be great  It's a shame that it might not be available (though it seems like Penn is still using it in the meantime).

The ongoing project is Phase 3.

Phase 4 will be work on the concrete on the Lower North sideline. Start date is TBD.

https://www.thedp.com/article/2019/09/penn-football-preview-construction-of-franklin-field-feature-125th-year

http://cvmprofessional.com/news/cvm-continues-franklin-field-rehabilitation/

3 hours ago, Matthew24 said:

Fair enough. I heard some horror stories about the stadium location and the city being pretty bad.

I just thought it would be better since it was smaller and smaller venues would be better the XFL for right now. So question, what about the other stadiums? I don't live in Philadelphia so idk about Franklin Field or the others.. What would be the best stadium for Philly XFL team?

Citizens Bank is an active baseball stadium, so not an option.  

25 minutes ago, GDAWG said:

Citizens Bank is an active baseball stadium, so not an option.  

The San Francisco Demons played in Pac Bell Park during their XFL 1.0 stint.

spacer.png

That doesn't mean that Citizens Bank Park is a viable option.  It just means that it can't be ruled out just because the Phillies play there.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

4 minutes ago, leopard88 said:

The San Francisco Demons played in Pac Bell Park during their XFL 1.0 stint.

spacer.png

That doesn't mean that Citizens Bank Park is a viable option.  It just means that it can't be ruled out just because the Phillies play there.

Does Oliver Luck want to have one of his teams play in a current baseball stadium though?  I wouldn't think so.  

4 minutes ago, GDAWG said:

Does Oliver Luck want to have one of his teams play in a current baseball stadium though?  I wouldn't think so.  

I think they'd prefer 30,000-40,000 seat facilities over 60,000+, but if that's all that's available then that's what you need to use.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

4 minutes ago, MJWalker45 said:

I think they'd prefer 30,000-40,000 seat facilities over 60,000+, but if that's all that's available then that's what you need to use.

Eh, I am not a fan of football being played in baseball stadiums.  It looks weird when the Pinstripe Bowl and the Cheez-It Bowl are playing.  

1 hour ago, GDAWG said:

Eh, I am not a fan of football being played in baseball stadiums.  It looks weird when the Pinstripe Bowl and the Cheez-It Bowl are playing.  

Was the Pinstripe Bowl the one that they could not set up a proper field, so anytime a team had the ball they always changed sides so they played toward the side that had a full endzone. 

Archived