XFL 2020 Season

ozzyman314

4 minutes ago, Red Comet said:

Cam Phillips is going to get some attention too. I can see him being a solid slot receiver for a lot of teams.

If they end up being the best team in the XFL, a lot of their players are going to get NFL attention, not just Walker and Phillips.  

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 2/21/2020 at 10:49 AM, Red Comet said:

Not only that, but the first pitch is an hour before the Vipers home opener begins. So yeah, maybe I should adjust that down to 8,000-12,000 or so.

The Tigers are hosting the Phillies in Lakeland today as well as Grapefruit games in Sarasota (Red Sox), Northport (Braves), and Bradenton (Pirates), so those an hour aren't likely to name the hour to 90 minute drive.  I forgot that the Gasparilla Distance Classic was run this AM (5K,8K, 15K main race and half-marathon).  That's 11,000 between the 8 and 15K races plus fans alongside Bayshore who went out AM and stayed home.

24 minutes ago, Red Comet said:

Yep, around 2,000 less than the Apollos game I was at, but still a good showing because....

17 minutes ago, JLJ said:

Oh no!!! The only turnover of the game comes from miscommunication between the Vipers QB and WR. What a wild finish to a great game.

...the Vipers are a bad football team.

Remember, this is the "Announced Attendance" aka tickets distributed.

The sideline you saw on TV is the East stands and that was the only of the two sides which was to have Club Level seats available, according to previous Tampa Bay Times articles last year.  Yet the West side stands had more folks as they did not want to sit "in the sun". 

38 minutes ago, GDAWG said:

That's not too bad of a number for them.  

It’s outright amazing all things considered. Hope they keep it up because things look bleak for that squad, even with that much better performance.

Archived