Quirkiest Jersey Elements

Bruins

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Ferdinand Cesarano said:

Two of the CFL's U.S.-based teams had a logo on the lower part of their jersey and a small front number above it.

Memphis Mad Dogs:

Related image

Birmingham Barracudas:

Image result for birmingham barracudas

The Argos were the only Canadian team to put their logo on the front during the US expansion.  Did it again for their alternate in 2014.

1995-toronto-argos.jpg

Argos-signature-look.jpg

Ottawa Redblacks also put their logo on the front.  Also plaid helmet and sleeves.  Don't know if they actually wore the plaid helmets in game or not.

BvVPLlsCMAIUXZM.jpg

2 hours ago, Lenny Dykstra said:

NFL Europe did that too

London Monarchs

fridge.jpg.w180h299.jpg

Phillip-Bobo.jpg?id=bb714ce9-30cc-4412-a

Ah, those old WLAF unis, love them for how oddball they are.  Anyhoo heres the rest of them for anyone interested.

See the source image

See the source image

See the source image

See the source image

20 minutes ago, johnnysama said:

Rob-Wallow-Memphis-Mad-Dogs-1995-11.jpg

1995-toronto-argos.jpg

The Memphis Mad Dogs and Toronto Argonauts went the same route as the uniforms in the above post in 1995.

Umm, scroll up a little lol :D

Lz5f6vZ.png

But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8/      Check Out My: Little Big League MLB ProjectDribbble

17 hours ago, M4One said:

Ottawa Redblacks also put their logo on the front.  Also plaid helmet and sleeves.  Don't know if they actually wore the plaid helmets in game or not.

BvVPLlsCMAIUXZM.jpg

Nope, those plaid helmets never came to be. Something about not being able to get the pattern to line up correctly.

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

7 hours ago, eastfirst107 said:

Lightning bolt on Tampa Bay's pants.

5024-204Fr.jpg

I'm trying to think if I've ever seen anything besides stripes on pants anywhere else (from North American teams, anyway...I know European teams will put ads on there), and I can't come up with anything.

I love the lightning bolt pants, I had a chance to buy a pair when I was 15 and didn't... I've regretted if for the last 23 years. 

Belts.jpg
PotD May 11th, 2011
looooooogodud: June 7th 2010 - July 5th 2012

4 hours ago, charger77 said:

I'm trying to think if I've ever seen anything besides stripes on pants anywhere else (from North American teams, anyway...I know European teams will put ads on there), and I can't come up with anything.

The only other things I can think of were both from the Stars: their last green set in Minnesota, they had black pants with three stars on each leg, and after moving to Dallas, they began wearing pants with a vertical DALLAS on each leg, though sadly they dropped this after switching to the star jerseys full time.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

On 12/20/2017 at 1:23 PM, CRichardson said:

The Rangers weren't even the first team in New York to do it. The New York Americans had their team name on the front the season before the Rangers started playing.

And the Penguins used it at least until the early 2000s. I've never seen a 2002-2007 jersey in person before, and I don't know if they used it on their first Edge jerseys, but the throwbacks don't use glacier twill.

All the Vegas Gold Penguins jerseys are glacier twill. The black and yellow are not

1zgyd8w.jpg

8 hours ago, Discrimihater said:

The only other things I can think of were both from the Stars: their last green set in Minnesota, they had black pants with three stars on each leg, and after moving to Dallas, they began wearing pants with a vertical DALLAS on each leg, though sadly they dropped this after switching to the star jerseys full time.

Now that you mention it, the Caps had stars on their pants back in the day, as well.

4878-238Fr.jpg

I don't think I've seen anything like this in the NHL at any other time. The Vancouver Canucks wore an alternate in the 95-96 season that had a gradient that included solid black practice socks that don't have any striping on them. They changed the following year...

Vancouver-Canucks-Trevor-Linden.jpg&w=70

"And those who know Your Name put their trust in You, for You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You." Psalms 9:10

15 hours ago, eastfirst107 said:

Now that you mention it, the Caps had stars on their pants back in the day, as well.

4878-238Fr.jpg

Can't believe I forgot about the Caps...should've mentioned the Canucks' pants from the flying V era as well.

7790cf4784eb7bd37d2b27804725adfa.jpg1069343.jpg

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

Archived