College Football Playoff Concepts

JosiahWVU

With the 4th College Football Playoff set to kickoff on New Year's Day, I decided to draw up so concepts for each of the 4 teams. 

1 Clemson Tigers vs. 4 Alabama Crimson Tide

jvhLRrW.jpg?1

Not much changes for the Trilogy as Clemson sticks with the all-orange that it went with in 2016 for the National Championship Game, but with my twist, as I think that they should use the helmet stripe on the sleeves. Bama's only changes are the addition of numbers to the sleeves, and crimson trim to the collar and sleeves. 

2 Oklahoma Sooners vs. 3 Georgia Bulldogs

CHoMUhJ.jpg?1

For the Rose Bowl, OU stays the same with no changes. Georgia is probably the most drastic change for any of the 4, even though it too is very minimal. I hate Georgia's single white helmet stripe, so I made a black/white/silver stripe. I also added a stripe to the sleeve, making it red/white/black. And of course, the silver britches stay. 

Please leave some C&C. Thanks for looking!

IxkieML.png

First of all, I admire hand drawn concepts. Much better than a lot of paint bucket fill efforts that are seen. I think most of the subtle changes are purposeful, and you did a good job adding symmetry to these. It seems you went for overall keeping the classic looks of these teams which have a lot of tradition, but made the designs better artistically. I think there are ways where the fans of the teams might not choose the changes, but you did a good job having reasons for those tweaks.

3 hours ago, dakotapalm said:

First of all, I admire hand drawn concepts. Much better than a lot of paint bucket fill efforts that are seen. I think most of the subtle changes are purposeful, and you did a good job adding symmetry to these. It seems you went for overall keeping the classic looks of these teams which have a lot of tradition, but made the designs better artistically. I think there are ways where the fans of the teams might not choose the changes, but you did a good job having reasons for those tweaks.

Thanks. I was trying to keep the timeless looks of these programs because they have quite a lot of history. I see where you are saying how the fan bases would probably not like them, but I was going for a modern take on classic looks. What specifically are you saying when you say that? 

39 minutes ago, Jimmy's Brother said:

Bama's jerseys look like OU's alternate white

Well they both use practically the same color and design, so yeah. It is kinda hard to make them different. 

IxkieML.png

I think someone found that they use the exact same shade of maroon. I wish Bama would expand their jersey options a bit. Gets old seeing the same 2 jersey combinations week after week. I think a different pant option or alternate jersey would be nice. Kinda what OU did, keep the classic look for the majority of the time but still have an alternate to wear time to time 

21 hours ago, JosiahWVU said:

Thanks. I was trying to keep the timeless looks of these programs because they have quite a lot of history. I see where you are saying how the fan bases would probably not like them, but I was going for a modern take on classic looks. What specifically are you saying when you say that? 

Well they both use practically the same color and design, so yeah. It is kinda hard to make them different. 

Two things: I could imagine Georgia fans flipping out with the helmet stripe change (they didn't like the black stripe of the Donnan era), but artistically it gives the uniform more consistently, which is a good change. 2nd, the Alabama pants' single stripe is a change, and I think Alabama fans wouldn't like the change because of tradition, but I think you are right to make it match the helmet, as there are no other double stripes on their uniforms. Those were the two I had in mind.

2 hours ago, dakotapalm said:

Two things: I could imagine Georgia fans flipping out with the helmet stripe change (they didn't like the black stripe of the Donnan era), but artistically it gives the uniform more consistently, which is a good change. 2nd, the Alabama pants' single stripe is a change, and I think Alabama fans wouldn't like the change because of tradition, but I think you are right to make it match the helmet, as there are no other double stripes on their uniforms. Those were the two I had in mind.

Ok, that's what I figured. Thanks.

IxkieML.png

Archived