This should be the first Bayern shirt to debut the new crest. While they launched the new crest last year, the kits still bore the old crest. The differences are extremely subtle (most obvious is the checkers). I find myself liking the old version better.

940x528?v=1497973028000

Couple tidbits I've noticed on the back of the shirt: they are now including "FC" on the back of the shirt. Previously it was simply "Bayern München." Seems like needless clutter, just like the new Qatar Airways sleeve sponsor. Also, the number font has changed. The new font is similarly very clean, but I think it's a downgrade, nonetheless. The previous was extremely underrated.

FJHXUbg.png

8Xn7Bmu.png

You can play around and see the other numbers here:

https://fcbayern.com/shop/en/fc-bayern-shirt-home-18-19/22909/

For comparison, the old font:

kitcompletobayerdemunic2016.jpg?w=700&h=

• Replies 992
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, aawagner011 said:

This should be the first Bayern shirt to debut the new crest. While they launched the new crest last year, the kits still bore the old crest. The differences are extremely subtle (most obvious is the checkers). I find myself liking the old version better.

940x528?v=1497973028000

Couple tidbits I've noticed on the back of the shirt: they are now including "FC" on the back of the shirt. Previously it was simply "Bayern München." Seems like needless clutter, just like the new Qatar Airways sleeve sponsor. Also, the number font has changed. The new font is similarly very clean, but I think it's a downgrade, nonetheless. The previous was extremely underrated.

FJHXUbg.png

8Xn7Bmu.png

You can play around and see the other numbers here:

https://fcbayern.com/shop/en/fc-bayern-shirt-home-18-19/22909/

For comparison, the old font:

kitcompletobayerdemunic2016.jpg?w=700&h=

Haha, I actually really disliked their old number font. It always appeared cheap to me. I can't put my finger on why. 

As for including FC, i feel like a lot of casual fans are starting to refer to them as FC Bayern as opposed to Bayern Munchen, but that's just a guess.

Didn’t even notice they changed the number font. It’s a damn shame, the previous one was a little bit on the thin side but I always liked it. They had it for almost a decade and it’s rare to see a soccer team stick to a year-round font for so long

07Giants.pngnyy.png

10 minutes ago, shaydre1019 said:

Haha, I actually really disliked their old number font. It always appeared cheap to me. I can't put my finger on why.

I always liked it because it was really clean in appearance and any time I saw it, I instantly knew it was Bayern. It was very identifiable to me as no one else had it. This new one is a bit thicker but also looks a little more generic, probably why I don't like it as much. Not a bad font, by any means. The old one had just been around for so long and felt right, I guess (at least to me).

4 minutes ago, aawagner011 said:

I always liked it because it was really clean in appearance and any time I saw it, I instantly knew it was Bayern. It was very identifiable to me as no one else had it. This new one is a bit thicker but also looks a little more generic, probably why I don't like it as much. Not a bad font, by any means. The old one had just been around for so long and felt right, I guess (at least to me).

Yeah i think i associate it with cheap bc Bayern uniforms (or fakes) are pretty popular in adult soccer leagues, faded peeling numbers, haha. 

11 minutes ago, upperV03 said:

Mockup of the Man Utd away shirt:

manchester-united-18-19-away-kit-2.jpg

:rolleyes:At least they lightened it enough to make it useful when clashing with Liverpool or Southampton. Would rather this color been used for the third kit than the secondary. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

CP looks good. Those colors are hard to make work but i think it is actually alright. 

MAN U: thats a good pink, it'll actually clash. I hope they pair it with white shorts and pink socks

MAN CITY: I like the white shorts but i wish the socks weren't navy. And that collar is horrendous. just a bad look for the reigning champs.

p65A9Ts.png

XEK7sAn.png

37 minutes ago, flyersfan said:

CP looks good. Those colors are hard to make work but i think it is actually alright. 

MAN U: thats a good pink, it'll actually clash. I hope they pair it with white shorts and pink socks

MAN CITY: I like the white shorts but i wish the socks weren't navy. And that collar is horrendous. just a bad look for the reigning champs.

They're actually wearing the socks today.  I have a hunch United will mix black and white shorts with that jersey. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

19 minutes ago, MJWalker45 said:

They're actually wearing the socks today.  I have a hunch United will mix black and white shorts with that jersey. 

They’re debuting the whole kit, not just the socks:

Dcx2sc6WAAQBnYL?format=jpg

Dcx3upCXUAAmfaP?format=jpgI actually really like the navy socks. The light blue/white/navy combination is something they’ve worn several times throughout their history, including the time period from about 1895-1950, 1987-93, and most recently 1997-2001. As for the rest of the kit, I don’t think the sleeves look all that bad in action, and the collar is fine. The one-button henley is a bit odd, but not too distracting. Overall I think the kit as a whole is fairly nice. Not as good as this year’s by any means, but certainly better than 2016/17.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

1 hour ago, aawagner011 said:

I was really afraid the sleeves were going to be version 2.0 of this poor design but I’m pleasantly surprised:

bts-team-photo.ashx?width=1024&height=57

That was my main concern as well, especially because some of the promo and retail shots made the color of the sleeves look darker than they really are. During the game, the sleeves really weren’t all that noticeable, making for a pretty clean look overall.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

Archived