• Replies 992
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 7/6/2018 at 1:10 PM, hendocfc said:

Google says it (Craft) is a Swedish manufacturer of mostly,until now,skiing and outdoor sports gear. 

Hmmm...sounds like Acerbis. Trying to break in to football, but known more for other sports.

On 7/6/2018 at 7:10 PM, hendocfc said:

Google says it (Craft) is a Swedish manufacturer of mostly,until now,skiing and outdoor sports gear. 

They started supplying Eredivisie side PEC Zwolle last season, I think that may have been their first foray into football kits. They’d previous been Zwolle’s underwear supplier, apparently.

39 minutes ago, NEW.ERA said:

These beauties. The 2018/19 Newcastle United change kit, a throwback to 95/96.

20180709-paul-dummett-new-away-kit.jpg

One of the kits of the season, this. No complaints really. It’s a shame, though, that they’ll have to use the white PL names/numbers since gold isn’t an option anymore.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

2 hours ago, agentrygraphics said:

Aston Villa

They replace Under Armour with Birmingham fashion brand LUKE 1977.no-more-under-armour-luke-1977-aston-vil

WHERE'S THE BLUE SLEEVES!?!?!?!?!?! These look good but they are missing that one thing that screams Aston Villa to me. I like staying local too since they get a little more attention than they would with more global brands that would focus more on Southampton due to where they are in the league ladder. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

7 minutes ago, MJWalker45 said:

WHERE'S THE CLARET SLEEVES!?!?!?!?!?! These look good but they are missing that one thing that screams Aston Villa to me. 

Yeah, I don't get it when clubs do that.  West Ham is making a similar mistake this season:

Jack%20Collison%20Home.jpg

The blue sleeves are part of the essential look.  These are fine shirts, they're just not good shirts for these particular clubs.

Drove me crazy when Arsenal did it back in 2009/10, too.

thomas-vermaelen.jpg

Just now, Gothamite said:

Drove me crazy when Arsenal did it back in 2009/10, too.

thomas-vermaelen.jpg

As much as people hate on Arsenal doing the raglan look nowadays, this was just poor form. If it were used on the aways, fine. The home kit for Arsenal should always have white sleeves. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

1 hour ago, MJWalker45 said:

WHERE'S THE CLARET SLEEVES!?!?!?!?!?! These look good but they are missing that one thing that screams Aston Villa to me. I like staying local too since they get a little more attention than they would with more global brands that would focus more on Southampton due to where they are in the league ladder. 

I guess you mean blue sleeves. The home shirt is inspired by the 1984 shirt (a supporters' favorite) while the away is a nod to the 1982 Champions of Europe shirt. When your recent history is a dire as ours, you throw it back to past glories.

Overall, the new ones are going over well with supporters. Just hoping we have a team to wear them in the near future.astonvilla1984.jpg

CCSLsig.png

Join us at Space City Lions - Houston's Aston Villa Supporters Club

Yeah, I'm part of the chorus of Villa fans that don't mind going away from the blue sleeves at all -- the club didn't wear them from 1983-89, 1993-95, 1999-2000 or 2001-02. I wouldn't want it to be a regular thing, but it's so much better than the home kits Under Armour served up.

6fQjS3M.png

Archived