• Replies 992
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Gothamite said:

And here’s the new home. 

DiS5rUOXkAA3i7S?format=jpg&name=medium

DiATGhAX4AAs27I?format=jpg&name=large

I knew Adidas was going to screw up United massively at some point.

This is not a Manchester United uniform. It's not red/white/black. Some sort of weird Red/Black/Red with awful gradients is definitely not United. The one consistency that soccer teams usually have are the colors of their shirt, shorts, and socks. Adidas just destroyed that for their crown jewel in England. Awful.

If I have to give a definitive ranking on the Man. United jerseys this year I'd go with this:

1. Blue 3rd

2. (Yet to be revealed) Pink

3. This Red one.

1 hour ago, Still MIGHTY said:

Not a fan of the new United kit at all. Looks like a training kit.

I’ll just buy last year’s on sale.

I was interested in the pink until it looked more salmon than pink. If I had to get a new United kit I'd end up getting the third. I'm glad I got last years home shirt. Maybe I can get it with the League/FA/Champions League competition numbers instead. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Manchester United do turn out in black shorts with their home kit when playing away and there’s a clash with their opponent’s shorts, but as first choice? Poor move.

I’m also a little unclear as to how exactly the kit pays tribute to the workers of the Lancashire & Yorkshire Railway. The black lines apparently are a representation of rail track, but that seems like quite a stretch to me at least.

34 minutes ago, Jaffa said:

Manchester United do turn out in black shorts with their home kit when playing away and there’s a clash with their opponent’s shorts, but as first choice? Poor move.

I’m also a little unclear as to how exactly the kit pays tribute to the workers of the Lancashire & Yorkshire Railway. The black lines apparently are a representation of rail track, but that seems like quite a stretch to me at least.

They should have taken that picture of the rail workers and slap it on the front. It would have been a better look. And I hated last year's third kit. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Like, a couple more things...

I like the black adidas stripes on the shoulder, but if you're doing that, the adidas logo on the shirt needs to be white as well. The only other white on the shirt is the Chevy wordmark, and with the black stripes/hoops all around, the white adidas sticks out like a sore thumb.

As Jaffa said, that's a stretch to call those hoops railroad tracks. And the gradient effect it creates is garbage. Extending the pattern onto the socks as well is flat out terrible.

I've actually always liked the black shorts for United, personally, but they worked in concert with a balance of black/white detail in the shirt sleeves/collar and socks. Because of the dumb hoops and socks, the balance is way off, and the shorts look completely out of place.

I'm just so disappointed. It's looking like I'll be making my very first trip to Old Trafford in 12 years of being a United fan, and they're going to be wearing this crap. After the class that was las year's kit, this is a huge drop by adidas, and it sucks.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

It isn't look like a United kit, because it pays homage to Lancashire & Yorkshire Railway which was often painted like this:

31-168_3092874_Qty1_1.jpg

What about shorts, United always have alternative shorts for home, so I'm pretty sure they will have white too.

4r2eer.png

Archived