Noticed today that the purple GK kit that Lloris was wearing for Tottenham featured the usual PL lettering typeface, but in fluorescent yellow/green to match the rest of the detailing. Is this new? Are we finally past the standard league lettering only coming in 4-5 colors?

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

• Replies 992
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Digby said:

Noticed today that the purple GK kit that Lloris was wearing for Tottenham featured the usual PL lettering typeface, but in fluorescent yellow/green to match the rest of the detailing. Is this new? Are we finally past the standard league lettering only coming in 4-5 colors?

I saw that too. Is this the first time that shirt didn't use white numbers?

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

17 minutes ago, Digby said:

14 minutes ago, MJWalker45 said:

I saw that too. Is this the first time that shirt didn't use white numbers?

They’ve been using the fluorescent yellow PL names/numbers with the purple GK kit all season:

hugo-lloris-tottenham-2018-19_43ze15qu0u 

1024688010.jpg.0.jpg

And no, this is not new. The PL typeface is still only available in five colors. The fluorescent yellow has been one of the five options since the PL unveiled the new typeface:

premier-league-new-font-6.jpg

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

• 4 weeks later...
8 hours ago, Flames1fan said:

Image result for man city vs chelsea

This game would be hard to follow.

That kind of reaction to an easily distinguishable kit match-up is the reason why we have monotone v monotone world cup games. Ya'll colour blind?

I'm Danny fkn Heatley, I play for myself. That's what fkn all stars do.

53 minutes ago, Bayne said:

That kind of reaction to an easily distinguishable kit match-up is the reason why we have monotone v monotone world cup games. Ya'll colour blind?

Some of us are, yes. But sky blue is still pretty easy to tell from royal blue.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

41 minutes ago, Digby said:

The problem is the socks being reversed across the teams. Blurs everything together. That said, Man City vs a team in white shirts is much worse, I think.

If City is the away team they usually wear a darker kit. Spurs likes to go WBW however.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

1 hour ago, Digby said:

The problem is the socks being reversed across the teams. Blurs everything together. That said, Man City vs a team in white shirts is much worse, I think.

No, this is actually a great point. Its really easy to tell teams apart when they have the same color schemes but keep the socks different. Thinking back to the WC (maybe just on FIFA idk if it happened in real life), there were tons of red and white teams. when teams wore RRW versus WWR, it was absolutely horrendous. But instead of teams changing sock colors, they wear alternate kits, and really it doesn't make sense. I get tradition on colors, but when it means changing the sock color in order to wear the traditional home kit, or switch to a crazy colored alt kit, teams opt for the alts. I personally think city looks best with white shorts and white socks. And if chelsea goes blue socks there, its a beaut of a matchup. But hey, fair play to them both wearing their blues in a big game.

p65A9Ts.png

XEK7sAn.png

22 minutes ago, kiwi_canadian said:

Any news on when Nike and Canada will be releasing the new kits? I know that the women's team was using a basic kit for their most recent tournament.

I'd expect them to announce in April or right after France and the Netherlands announce their kits.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

San Antonio FC with their new all white "Texas" kit:

v7y2oiA.jpg

MieTmp0.jpg

And a look at the 99 numbers. They fell like Premier League copies but I like the look

xBcP5GI.jpg

I'm not a fan of the "Everything's bigger in Texas" SAFC on the back. It's simply a recoloring of the home kit with a Texas flag jock tag.

From SAFC site:

San Antonio FC today revealed its 2019 alternate kit for the upcoming USL Championship season. The jersey is available for presale at www.safcfanshop.com now. Fans who pre-order will receive a free official USL Championship patch on the sleeve, and orders are expected to deliver by April 1.

San Antonio FC players will wear the new kits for the first time in Saturday's preseason match against El Paso Locomotive FC at Toyota Field at 7 p.m. Tickets to the match are available at SanAntonioFC.com.

https://www.instagram.com/sanantoniofc/

They also have a San Antonio Thunder "throwback" jersey that is listed as a training jersey but is expected to be worn during the season:

http://thesoccerfactory.com/product/safc-thunder-training-top/

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

I like those new USL numbers — kinda Art Deco, like the PL set or the France national team set. Not quite as refined as either but it’s fine. I prefer simple number sets that recede into the background, if we must have leaguewide common fonts (but tell me the Champions League doesn’t look better!).

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

• 2 weeks later...

I love the non-league fonts that teams wear. And I’m not opposed to teams having 3 different kits. But in the biggest game of the Year for both teams up to this point, they wear: this? (The tweet I linked had 2 pictures I refer to the latter one). PSG instead of wearing their all (dark) blue kit, wore a black one. And man united, who have worn their RED kit with multiple short and sock combinations, decided to wear their light pink and white kit. I am ANNOYED to say the least. Tottenham-Dortmund yesterday was a gorgeous white vs yellow game, both teams wearing the usual, iconic, “home” team kit. And it was awesome. And this game looks AWFUL. Rant over.

p65A9Ts.png

XEK7sAn.png

2 minutes ago, flyersfan said:

I love the non-league fonts that teams wear. And I’m not opposed to teams having 3 different kits. But in the biggest game of the Year for both teams up to this point, they wear: this? (The tweet I linked had 2 pictures I refer to the latter one). PSG instead of wearing their all (dark) blue kit, wore a black one. And man united, who have worn their RED kit with multiple short and sock combinations, decided to wear their light pink and white kit. I am ANNOYED to say the least. Tottenham-Dortmund yesterday was a gorgeous white vs yellow game, both teams wearing the usual, iconic, “home” team kit. And it was awesome. And this game looks AWFUL. Rant over.

That is PSG's European kit. Had they worn their regular blue kit, United would have still worn the pink kit, which is actually their best looking kit this year. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Archived