Re: The Aussie women's kits --

Hmm it seem that crazy 90's esque kits may be making a comeback.  I heard a few anecdotes about Nigeria's World Cup shirt selling like gangbusters, and those were obviously very unique.  Nike may start going the crazier route even more.  I'm okay with this!  Long live the 90's!  

1 hour ago, DC in Da House w/o a Doubt said:

Hmm it seem that crazy 90's esque kits may be making a comeback.  I heard a few anecdotes about Nigeria's World Cup shirt selling like gangbusters, and those were obviously very unique.  Nike may start going the crazier route even more.  I'm okay with this!  Long live the 90's!  

Nike is going heavy on the 90’s-inspired designs for next season, particularly on the third kits for their premier clubs.

2 hours ago, upperV03 said:

Nike is going heavy on the 90’s-inspired designs for next season, particularly on the third kits for their premier clubs.

I think that was inevitable; the 90s saw the first really wild kit designs.  As such, they hold a certain nostalgic appeal and were bound to be revisited in some form.

4 hours ago, DC in Da House w/o a Doubt said:

Next year's club kits are supposed to be 90s inspired. 

4 hours ago, DC in Da House w/o a Doubt said:

It's funny how similar but different these two jerseys look.  At first glance they look like they'd be made by the same manufacturer.

spacer.pngspacer.png

Mexico reminds me of the Barca third that was a map of the city.

3 hours ago, pepis21 said:

Scotland:

3-adidas-scotland-2019-womens-world-cup-home-away-kits+%25285%2529.jpg

Denmark:

denmark-2019-womens-kits+%25282%2529.jpgdenmark-2019-womens-kits+%25283%2529.jpg

Goalkeepers:

denmark-2019-womens-kits+%25284%2529.jpgdenmark-2019-womens-kits+%25285%2529.jpg

denmark-2019-womens-kits+%25286%2529.jpg

Will Scotland have a half dessed guy showing off the men's cut?

Not sure how we missed it but Mason Greenwood's Manchester United jersey used PSG numbers and lettering. United rushed him in to the squad so quickly they didn't have time to print his jersey numbers. Instead they used PSG's numbers for their white European cup jerseys which are almost identical. The letter font is not however.

On 3/7/2019 at 12:47 PM, Conrad. said:

More World Cup 2019 kits:

camisa-2-brasil-mundial-femenino-2019-lkUSA 2019 Women's World Cup Kits LEAKEDgermany-2019-womens-world-cup-kit-1.jpgcamiseta-espania-mundial-femenino-2019-1D1FMjK3WoAAHuBr.jpgsweden-2019-womens-world-cup-kit-1.jpg

Ok, something I’m kind of confused about here. These are the women’s kits, correct?  If so, are some of these countries using the men’s championship stars? Brazil seems to be doing that, while Spain isn’t. And obviously the USA uses their own stars, too. What’s up with that?

10 hours ago, Bucfan56 said:

Ok, something I’m kind of confused about here. These are the women’s kits, correct?  If so, are some of these countries using the men’s championship stars? Brazil seems to be doing that, while Spain isn’t. And obviously the USA uses their own stars, too. What’s up with that?

Germany and Norway have womens titles, only Brazil is using a kit with men's titles on it. That's probably the men's Copa America top as well. I believe the actual gameday women's jersey doesn't use the stars

2 minutes ago, MJWalker45 said:

Germany and Norway have womens titles, only Brazil is using a kit with men's titles on it. That's probably the men's Copa America top as well. I believe the actual gameday women's jersey doesn't use the stars

They actually do have the stars on their match kits, and always have:

spacer.png

spacer.png

And the men’s team isn’t wearing that blue kit for the Copa America. These are their Copa America shirts (the second shot of the yellow shirt is a mockup):

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

The white, which is meant to celebrate the 100th anniversary of their 1919 Copa America title, is expected to be used as the away.

1 hour ago, upperV03 said:

They actually do have the stars on their match kits, and always have:

spacer.png

spacer.png

And the men’s team isn’t wearing that blue kit for the Copa America. These are their Copa America shirts (the second shot of the yellow shirt is a mockup):

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

The white, which is meant to celebrate the 100th anniversary of their 1919 Copa America title, is expected to be used as the away.

I couldn't remember if they did. It seems silly that they do. If the USMNT started doing that people would give them grief. Then again most women's teams wore the men's teams uniforms when they started up. On the other side of the coin, England men didn't wear their star for a while before putting it back on in around 2004-2006?

Yeah that seems really strange to me, which is why I asked. I didn’t realize Norway won a title, and was even more surprised to see that Germany had won two that I somehow missed. 

I guess maybe they they just consider the men’s and women’s team to be part of the same federation, hence the reason they do that? I can’t see the men adding a 6th star if the women ever won one, though, 

7 hours ago, Bucfan56 said:

Yeah that seems really strange to me, which is why I asked. I didn’t realize Norway won a title, and was even more surprised to see that Germany had won two that I somehow missed. 

I guess maybe they they just consider the men’s and women’s team to be part of the same federation, hence the reason they do that? I can’t see the men adding a 6th star if the women ever won one, though, 

I think it's because Brazil is the cheapest federation in the Americas when it comes to supporting women's soccer. Prior to 2011, the players and coaches had to find time to fit practices in between tournaments because the federation wasn't paying for any of it. 

42 minutes ago, upperV03 said:

Full USWNT home kit:

spacer.png

Nice to see that the socks have the same stripes as the cuffs. It’s a really nice kit overall. 

If the next MNT home kit is that I wouldn't be the least bit upset about it.

On 3/7/2019 at 2:47 PM, Conrad. said:

More World Cup 2019 kits:

germany-2019-womens-world-cup-kit-1.jpg

I really hope adidas makes a men's cut of this for retail use 😍 (I doubt they will but still)