Also, the France kits are absolute class:

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

And the full Australia home kit is something to behold:

spacer.png

The green Australia kit is a carryover from last year. And now they have 2 different yellows for the numbers. US men's jerseys have 3 stars on the neck as well so that tells me they're running with the MLS 3 star idea. France looks the best so far. England's socks for the aways are awesome as well. US numbers are horrible and blue on red will be hard to see. If they wanted to call back to 99 they should've used a font closer to the standard font they wore then. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Going to be a great looking women’s World Cup, which is a pleasant surprise. I didn’t like the red USWNT from the leak — still too grunge for me which feels corny like a Photoshop student downloading free brush packs. But that home kit is fresh and makes up for it — feels very traditional but modern, in a way that’s much more balanced than the last several cycles for US teams.

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

This is shaping up to be a beautiful WWC, which says a lot considering the women don’t always get top treatment from their suppliers compared to the men.

That France tricolore is gorgeous and one of the best French kits Nike has put out, regardless of men’s or women’s squads. Also, the rose gold accents are a nice touch for the women. I like the white kit but prefer some of the other versions France has put out before such as the mariniere design or the most recent white with the red and blue dashes of color. Both of those were sublime. This hexagonal pattern is good but kind of “in your face” loud, if you will.

Love the US primary kit. It has a great classic vibe that resonates with the traditional Nike ethos from 2006-2013 or so. Really happy to see the return of traditional striping and also navy blue. By the same token, I like the red kit, but wish it used navy accents and socks to match the crest. I’ve never liked the bright royal for our national teams.

That France kit being that good is par for the course for Nike. They've rarely done France wrong for both the men's and women's teams.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

1 hour ago, Mockba said:

It's a shame they moved away using the Upper 90 font they unveiled when they debuted the new US Soccer logo.

They've gone from keeping a font a full cycle and this new number has no personality to it. Adidas seems to have use larger numbers this year too.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Why can’t Nike make a consistent, classic look for the US_NT kits? It drives me crazy.

I think the US should go red and white vertical stripes with blue pants. Would it look like Chivas? Yes. Would most US fans care? Highly unlikely. 

Then Nike can be Nike and do something weird/outrageous with the change kit. 

As as it is now the lack of consistency with the US brand is very annoying, although somewhat predictable given the incompetence of the people who run US soccer.

washingtonst.gif

My teams

NCAA: Washington State

MLB: Seattle Mariners

NFL: Seattle Seahawks

NBA: Portland Trailblazers

EPL: Liverpool FC

MLS: Seattle Sounders FC

NHL: Pittsburgh Penguins

13 minutes ago, TenaciousG said:

Why can’t Nike make a consistent, classic look for the US_NT kits? It drives me crazy.

I think the US should go red and white vertical stripes with blue pants. Would it look like Chivas? Yes. Would most US fans care? Highly unlikely. 

Then Nike can be Nike and do something weird/outrageous with the change kit. 

As as it is now the lack of consistency with the US brand is very annoying, although somewhat predictable given the incompetence of the people who run US soccer.

This is something all manufacturers do. In the US it stands out more because US Soccer can't decide what it wants to be on the field or even how it wants to look. We all know Argentina will be light blue and white, but this year's home jerseys are an absolute mess. I think most US fans would be happy with a jersey that mimics part of the flag, even the distressed version that the teams will wear for the World Cup and Gold Cup. Since 1998 the standard uniform is white home shirt and either primarily red or blue jerseys. That 1998 anthracite jersey was crap and had it been navy or midnight blue it would have been a fan classic. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

They'll never stick with one design at this point. There was a brief window after the popular Waldos came out to solidify the look, but one year later, we got a centennial kit. Then a plain white polo and a bomb pop. Then black and volt trim for the women. I've just accepted it. You might as well ask Oregon Football to stop being Nike's plaything and wear green over yellow every home game. 

I feel like the current kits should be something to build off of. All white at home, sometimes with red hoop-like designs, but never full Waldo like 2012. I would actually pick royal over navy, if only because I think it looks better. Alternate between red and navy away - no black like 2016.

ExJworW.png

6 hours ago, zigbazah said:

They'll never stick with one design at this point. There was a brief window after the popular Waldos came out to solidify the look, but one year later, we got a centennial kit. Then a plain white polo and a bomb pop. Then black and volt trim for the women. I've just accepted it. You might as well ask Oregon Football to stop being Nike's plaything and wear green over yellow every home game. 

I feel like at this point, we've had enough versions of striped white home kits that that may be what we stick with going forth with a little bit of variation every other year. 

NI’ve pretty much given up hope of our national team having a consistent and identifiable look. I thought that was going to happen from 2010 onwards when they said they were planning to use the sash going forward. And they kinda did for a bit, the 2010 WC set and the 2011 Gold Cup set all used the same design, followed by the waldo and navy Arsenal looks, both of which had subtle sashes. From there, it’s been a mess.

My favorites tend to be the classic designs which incorporate all of the colors. And it has to be navy blue. The royal we’ve used lately does not look right to me. My favorites are the 1950 sash, 2006 DTOM, 2006 navy away, 2010 navy and 2011 red sashes, 2012 waldo, 2013 centennial, and the 2017 hooped Gold Cup. All of those are great and classic designs that could be used as a foundation for an ownable look.

————————

Unrelated but I noticed in this post from David Alaba that his adidas short stripes are peeling off.

Gnabry too:

Archived