NBA Redesign (11/29, Utah Jazz posted)

kerlonmoura

After seeing all the creative City Edition jerseys Nike has produced for the NBA teams, it was pretty disappointing to see that the Houston Rockets were sticking with the same Chinese New Year jerseys from last season. So, I decided to quickly incorporate the ketchup and mustard color scheme which is popular with the fans to the current design of their jerseys (one with the design of the Icon/Association Editions and another with the design of the City Edition). Thanks for viewing and I hope you like them!

WFtfsNG.pngLdsqcVz.png

On 1/1/2018 at 8:41 AM, KRZYBDGRZ said:

Really like these, prefer the second (would like the first more if the stripes were all around the arm, but Nike took that away) are you doing more?

Thanks, I'm glad you liked them. Yes, I will indeed be doing more of these to shake my rust off after not touching Photoshop for nearly 8 months.

Without further ado, I present you the Philadelphia 76ers. I based this set on the beautiful throwbacks the Sixers wore last season and just added drop shadows (that I think were done poorly this season) to complete the look. The City Edition is inspired by the Declaration of Independence which was written in Philadelphia. I hope you like them!

lgsdnkC.pngK0aHt7q.png

yPnEaBK.pngN3r7rmS.png

For the City Edition jersey of the Golden State Warriors, my main inspiration was the Golden Gate Bridge. The colors are two different tones of International Orange, the color of the Golden Gate Bridge. Meanwhile the remaining features of the jersey are a mashup of the 1966-71 and the 1971-88 jerseys.

pSWJ5Dd.png

• 3 months later...

Next up is the Sacramento Kings. I'm not a huge fan of their wordmark, so I designed a wordmark that would fit the crown of their logo. The third jersey is based on the baby blue retros, meanwhile the City Edition is inspired by the California Gold Rush.

BRRoFvb.png3NmHHLV.png

HNiZacH.pngctImZHQ.png

After a long break, here are the jerseys for the Brooklyn Nets. For the home and away jerseys, I tried to combine the Brooklyn Bridge pattern that was used in last season's City Jersey with the old New Jersey Nets jerseys which had a net pattern on the side panels. For the wordmark, I used a font similar to the subway inspired baseline font the Nets used last season. The third jersey is a homage to the tie-dye jerseys Drazen Petrovic wore, while the City jersey is inspired by subway station mosaics in Brooklyn using the colors and the border from the seal of Brooklyn.

hoD2ci3.pngTINJMJg.png

8Ws8kZc.pngaKcZ6Fv.png

On 5/13/2018 at 10:24 PM, kerlonmoura said:

Next up is the Sacramento Kings. I'm not a huge fan of their wordmark, so I designed a wordmark that would fit the crown of their logo. The third jersey is based on the baby blue retros, meanwhile the City Edition is inspired by the California Gold Rush.

BRRoFvb.png3NmHHLV.png

HNiZacH.pngctImZHQ.png

I would remove the little lines that extend off of the crown (see above the I and the rights side of the G) it'll leave the wordmark looking much more crisp.

tinysig.jpg

On 5/14/2018 at 4:24 AM, kerlonmoura said:

BRRoFvb.png3NmHHLV.png

HNiZacH.pngctImZHQ.png

I love your city edition, you are better than Nike.

Here are the jerseys for the Portland Trail Blazers and for them I wanted to give a different twist to their traditional sash. The City Edition is based on Portland's nickname, Rose City, where I used rose gold and have drawn the sash using thorns.

14RBT5p.png6QqcX29.png

gAKH6m7.png8ZmwnSj.png

Thanks for all the comments, I'm glad you're liking the jerseys! Here are the Sacramento Kings jerseys with the updated wordmark:

bqRhceJ.pngtYjcDIZ.png

RuNdIBE.pngkwk3w7i.png

I'd have to go with the checkerboard version for Houston. It adds a bit more variety to their set.

Love that Philly city edition! A slight upgrade from last year's real one, and that was pretty darn good already!

Your Sacramento set's clever; I personally prefer your first version with the extra crown lines. Either way, I think you need to have a consistent amount of space between the crown and letters (see the K & S). An "SAC" version would be nice too.

Nets are way better with the Bridge striping, and the silver outlines help a lot. Love the city idea; just add the dots to the side striping and you're golden!

Your Portland set's an interesting take, and it works pretty well. That city edition is great, and the thorn pattern is super well-executed! Only suggestion is to replace black with forest green to complete the Rose look.

Really great work! I look forward to seeing how you deal with the really heinous city editions (Lakers, Pacers, Mavericks)!

Archived